Difficult clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Geeks, I kind of want to rant but also some advice. I'm an Aesthetic Nurse Prescriber with my own company. I have a client who had previously had fillers with another nurse which had been put in incorrectly causing lots of problems and had to be removed. This lady then came to me and wanted fillers which I had no problem doing as i am confident in my practice and products and was aware due to her history would need lots of reassurance and support, Boy was I correct! I completed the treatment in stages and inbetween i had lots of phone calls, twice daily at times. I completed the treatment with extra filler given complementary in order to give her the results she wanted and she also had Botox which she had said had not worked with the other nurse. I explained this may not work as she may have a resistance to it but she was insistent. I gave her a discounted price and in between the eyes free. Treatments were completed and she was happy then at the weekend my baby was rushed into hospital with breathing difficulties. I spent the whole weekend there and during that time I had phone call after phone call requesting I give her a second top up for free! I told her I was in hospital but she carried on ringing and I feel so angry. Despite her insensitivity I feel it is so unreasonable!!! Feedback anyone :0)*

Sounds like chancer to me! one of those who wants something for nothing..

When she calls again, you say ' I cannot take anymore appointments from you now or in the future, I suggest you go elewhere for your treatments'

simple as.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on xxx

I think you went above and beyond what was expected and she thinks she can just take advantage now. She has had fantastic service from you and it will be her loss if you decide you can no longer work with her. I would be firm but fair and spell out there will be no more freebies and you are appalled at her attitude to you whilst you were having a stressful emergency with your poor baby. I hope lil'un is recovering now, at the end of the day that's all that really matters.
Xxx

I agree with both the above. I have a little one too and am appalled that she hounded you whilst at the hospital. You don't need people like that.

I think one of the problems with working in this industry is that there are a small percentage of women (and sometimes men!) who become obsessed about how they look...to the point of it being a mental health problem, I bet when you first met her your antenna started to jangle, we all have clients like this, and you know no matter what you do they will never be happy, they are so self obsessed that even your baby being sick didnt come before her obsession with how she looked....in some cases its just plain selfishness ie "I am more important than anything that is happening in your life" but in others it can be a sign of something more serious, it sounds like she is going to be a nightmare as a client, I think that you should invite her in to voice any concerns that she has, I expect they will be detailed and numerous, if you feel that she needs further treatment to correct anything then tell her the price (no discount!) Then give her a realistic expected outcome of further treatment. I would also explain that although you are happy to help with any concerns that she may have that its better for her to make an appointment to see you rather than constantly calling. Hope that your baby is better now, and stop giving these sort of clients discount...you did nothing wrong and she is taking advantage of your obvious nice nature xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back