Disaster with post

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Within

Reaction score
I orderd some minx what clients want for Christmas. I ordered them last Sunday so they would definatley be here for Saturday when I'm desparate for them. Because I only ordered minx they get sent through royal mail so there is no way of traceing where they are. It's the weathers fault.
I don't know what I am going to do if I don't get them for Saturday.
What should I do?
Has anyone else had this problem?

You might have to find an alternative...anything really just to try and accommodate your client....ellisons sell Minx if you have one near you to pick some up...or Sally's do a version of Minx that you might be able to get something similar to. If you have done everything you can then there is no more you can do. HTH

Thanks bagpuss.
No I haven't got an ellisons near me just a Sallys have you tried the ones from Sallys? Do they last the same as minx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I ordered some minx about a day or 2 before yours, mine came on the Tues, but I was out so they got taken to the local parcel office as they have to be signed for, so postie couldn't put them through the letterbox. Im sure they wont be too long. did you order online? Have you checked on the website under 'your account' to see what the status of your order is, i.e if its been fulfilled etc?

Hope they come soon, and yes Sally's do the 'Trendy Wraps' Ive never used them, but someone said they are a bit harder to put on than minx as they are thicker? But I have never used them, so couldn't say if this was right or not..

Anyway hope yours come by the morning x

Thanks Muddi
Yes I orderd them online. Yes iv looked on my account and spoke to someone at s2 and because I only ordered minx it comes with royal mail and they are busy with the parcel they couldn't deliever with the bad weather.
Hopefully they will come this morning post hasn't been yet.
I'm just worried I get the trendy nails ones and the client doesn't like them.

I have the same problem, praying they come today!! do you have any other Minx in stock you could offer them? that is what I am going to have to do, unfortunately the ones I have in are nothing like the ones she has asked for.
I used tried Trendy Nail Wraps before I used Minx and they are ok and I found them ok to apply but not as good as Minx, they have a ridge round the edge that I could never figure out why it was there.
Fingers crossed they will come today, I overheard a postman saying that loads of parcels would be coming out today!

Beauty Within, where about in Lancashire are you? We are in Leigh, Wigan and are a minx partner distributor if you can get to us if you are desperate.

Thanks julia that's really helpful but I am in burnley in lancs not going to be able to get to Wigan.
I am glad (I don't mean it in a bad way I wish we all had our post on time) I'm not the only one. My client is going to be well disapointed in the morning. There's no way post will come (if it is in tomorrows) before I set of to the salon. I can't believe this has happened.

I had same problem, s2 said I would have to reorder but could'nt afford it, luckily had a red and gold minx that client was happy with and other client was happy to wait till I got it in. Finally arrived after 2 weeks blinkin snow! still not got snow boots thou postie said "aw hen its pot luck if you get a parcel massive containers full!" lol xx

I let my client know last nite and offerd her some other minx I have and she said she would wait. If people have waited 2 weeks is mine going to be here before Christmas? We have had no snow here for 2 weeks got up this morning it's worse than when we got it the other week. Great for business eh?
Well let's look on the bright side....... (is there one)

Its high time this country was more prepared for when the snow comes. In the states they have snow centres and the country never seems to come to a stand still.

What do you think could be done in your area to help keep businesses running?

They should actually budget for it, as their reason for not clearing residential areas is they cant afford it bloody idiots if the snow and ice was cleared then would'nt be a problem as people could actually get the cars out and post would get delivered etc!
They seem to think we should all be out clearing it yeah god idea in theory but when its 3 feet deep and old or disabled or folks with back problems (me!) cant do it and lets face its some folk are just plain lazy! also why do we bother paying council tax and road tax????
I've come to the conclusion that all the numpties in power dont have a clue and dont really care about normal folk! grrrr lol makes my blood boil! xx

Its high time this country was more prepared for when the snow comes. In the states they have snow centres and the country never seems to come to a stand still.

What do you think could be done in your area to help keep businesses running?

My minx has still not arrived :cry:

aww no! I dont live too far from the main office so I am going to be calling in tomorrow to get a couple of sets of minx for some clients I have coming in on Thursday - I thought it would be better to do this than order on line, as they only told me yesterday what they wanted! :rolleyes:

I have already warned them that if I can't get what they wanted they will have to pick from whats already in stock at the salon. Which they are quite happy to do. phew!

Hope yours come real soon!! Can they be tracked down where they are in the system with them having to be signed for?

I had to sign for mine - that's why postie had to take them away to the sorting office rather than put them through the letter box for me.

I would definately try the Trendy Wraps from Sallys if I were you!

I havent used Minx but had a go with Trendy wraps last week on myself and was surprised at how easy they were applied!! Got my first client for them next week and cant wait! They have some lovely designs too! Although the Sallys in my area never have many designs in at one time...

Good luck :)

I was thrilled that an order I placed with Sweet Squared (scrubfresh/block buffers) on Fri arrived on Tues....and the girl i spoke to did advise that there may be a possible delay but nope...arrived fine. I think it depends on how bad things are where they are and where you are...the posties in alot of areas are not allowed to do their walks because of health and safety (slipping)...one of my clients is a manager at royal mail told me this.

Yay guys it arrived today!
I'm so glad it's here don't have to turn any more away
I was going to get some trendy wraps but all my clients wanted the metalic leopard one.
I still might get trendy wraps as something else to offer as I do really love minx
Merry Christmas everyone

YAY!! So glad they have arrived! This snow really is a pain at times!

Am so Glad you got your order!

We ordered ours 10th December and still not received ours.
Will call Sweet squared again tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do as we cannot track it by post.

Keeping our fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

Am so Glad you got your order!

We ordered ours 10th December and still not received ours.
Will call Sweet squared again tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do as we cannot track it by post.

Keeping our fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

Hi all! just wanted 2 say we received our minx.
its says that it went to the wrong address, but don't know how the postie managed that as it has my correct address on the front of package.

Thank you to the staff at sweet squared for all of there help with this, we knew the problem was weather related but they did all they could to help us with this.

Thank you again :hug:

Latest posts

Back