Disaster!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darts

Reaction score
Please help.

Have had my first "problem" client. I did a full set of sculpted nails and client just informed me that all the nails "fell off" after 2 days.

What do i do now regarding customer care etc. How should I deal with this situation.

Have used the new High Definition product from EZ Flow. Must admit I did the full set in really hot conditions.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tks.:idea:

darts said:
Please help.

Have had my first "problem" client. I did a full set of sculpted nails and client just informed me that all the nails "fell off" after 2 days.

What do i do now regarding customer care etc. How should I deal with this situation.

Have used the new High Definition product from EZ Flow. Must admit I did the full set in really hot conditions.

Have you looked at the nails to see if there is any signs of the being "picked off"

Nails dont just fall off without some help.

Is this a regular client or new - how have your other clients being with this product?

We all have problem clients, (trust me on that one), offer her a free new set the only thing i can think of is you working to wet, it is really hard in hot weather to get your ratio correct. Do you always do client consultation, check on medication the fact if she is using her soler oil etc the main thing is dont worry there are plenty more clients like her to come on your road of nail teching. x

talk us through the prep, application etc did she have them long , short etc, we will try to help you!!

This happened to me once last year during the summer.
Forunately it was on a regular client so we had 'history' to compare with!

I put on full set for her - usually she would come for a rebalance after 3 weeks, but within days the whole nails had come away - like you describe.
It wasn't that the tips had broken away and L&P left on the nail plate (usually caused by an injury), it was the whole thing.
I put it down to the heat and me adjusting my mix ratio & not getting it quite right - I think because it was hot I tried to make it more 'runny' but it obviously was wrong!
I re-did the whole set no charge, and it hasn't hapened again, she is still a regular client, so I'm fairly sure that was what it was.

I know that sometimes clients are a bit economical with the truth where 'picking' and 'bashing' their nails are concerned but in this case I was sure it was my mistake.

alialy said:
This happened to me once last year during the summer.
Forunately it was on a regular client so we had 'history' to compare with!

I put on full set for her - usually she would come for a rebalance after 3 weeks, but within days the whole nails had come away - like you describe.
It wasn't that the tips had broken away and L&P left on the nail plate (usually caused by an injury), it was the whole thing.
I put it down to the heat and me adjusting my mix ratio & not getting it quite right - I think because it was hot I tried to make it more 'runny' but it obviously was wrong!
I re-did the whole set no charge, and it hasn't hapened again, she is still a regular client, so I'm fairly sure that was what it was.

I know that sometimes clients are a bit economical with the truth where 'picking' and 'bashing' their nails are concerned but in this case I was sure it was my mistake.
working too wet can cause excessive shrinking , thus leading to lifting , maybe . this is the problem hth x

Thanks for your replies.

This was a new client who I have also known through a friend. She had had L&P before though I'm not sure which brand, she hadn't had this problem before. I had done the usual prep, didn't use primer as this product does not need one. The product did get very thick and dry quite quick, I was suprised as this product should be easier to work with.
Must admit I have been using tips up until now and am new to sculpting. I sculpted with EZ flow forms. I havent seen the nails yet so cant tell exactly where they have broken etc.

I will offer her another set free of charge and hope for less warmer weather. I was thinking of using the usual EZ L&P with primer and see if this is better.

Its been a real help and reassurance hearing from you all as I was really down after hearing this for my client today.
tks:hug:

darts said:
Thanks for your replies.

This was a new client who I have also known through a friend. She had had L&P before though I'm not sure which brand, she hadn't had this problem before. I had done the usual prep, didn't use primer as this product does not need one. The product did get very thick and dry quite quick, I was suprised as this product should be easier to work with.
Must admit I have been using tips up until now and am new to sculpting. I sculpted with EZ flow forms. I havent seen the nails yet so cant tell exactly where they have broken etc.

I will offer her another set free of charge and hope for less warmer weather. I was thinking of using the usual EZ L&P with primer and see if this is better.

Its been a real help and reassurance hearing from you all as I was really down after hearing this for my client today.

Have a look at her nails first - dont want them taking you for a ride - then decide!

darts said:
Thanks for your replies.

Hi hun,may i ask what the usual prep is,there may be something vital missing .

The weather does make work a little more challeging but it will not make the ehancement just pop off.

Don't offer a full set until you are positive that you are at fault,hth hun x

I've just had a similar problem with some nails I done a few days ago. I asked the girl to come back to me today so as I could rectify this problem, I also wanted to see if they had been picked off & she said she didn'nt have time. She says she is coming back again but it won't be for two weeks so I'm now wondering if it is a case of he picking at them.:confused:

don't worry, have a look at her nails then go from there. chin up chicken!!!!

Has it happened to any of your other clients at all???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know much about the high definition range, but I think I've read on here that they are very temperature sensitive. I know there is someone one here experienced with the range, don't know their name though.

When she comes in just wipe a little scrubfresh over the nail plate or a similar dehydrator, if she has picked at these the damage will be obvious, if not then put it down to either prep or ratio being wrong and try and correct it.

lotus blossom said:
working too wet can cause excessive shrinking , thus leading to lifting , maybe . this is the problem hth x

Is this only something that happens with just L&p or can it happen with Gel as well?:)

scrapsellie said:
Is this only something that happens with just L&p or can it happen with Gel as well?:)

Only L&P. Gel is already the correct consistency so there are no ratio problems when applying it. Curing/lamp problems are a whole other ballgame however. But as far as too wet/too dry, it does not apply to gel.

Laura

darts said:
Please help.

Did you test out the new system on yourself before you tried it with a client? If so how was the application and did you notice anything that needed to be tweaked?

You also mentioned you did not use a primer, sometimes even primerless systems need primer with clients who are prone to lifting. If the nails did in fact come right off, then they did not adhere in the first place. Could be primer, could be your prep. But if you don't have this problem with the other EZFlow system you use then it does not sound like your prep is the culprit.

As to how you should deal with the situation, you've probably already addressed it by now, but I would be curious to know the outcome.

Laura

scattyfox said:
When she comes in just wipe a little scrubfresh over the nail plate or a similar dehydrator, if she has picked at these the damage will be obvious, if not then put it down to either prep or ratio being wrong and try and correct it.

Hi there,

Please explain about the scrubfresh or dehydrator again. If she has picked how do you can you recognise this?
Tks.

darts said:
Please help.

I've had a client come back after the first application with nails that were lifting. After racking my brain to figure out what I was doing wrong I asked her if she used hand cream before coming to see me...she said no but she used face cream. I took that in to consideration and we no longer have the problem. I'm guessing thats what was doing it. Hope this helps!

Kelly

Scatty--Please tell me a bit more about the scrubfresh trick...or anyone else that can enlighten me?:eek: thank you TT

Tracie T said:
Scatty--Please tell me a bit more about the scrubfresh trick...or anyone else that can enlighten me?:eek: thank you TT

hi i think what she means is when you wipe the nails with scrubfresh it removes the oils and the nail looks chauky and it will show up any bits where the natural nail has come away with the old enhancement, showing its been picked at!

also i did a set of l&p and gel in a conservatory once the l&p dried out and went brittle and the sun coming though set my whole pot of gel, so i'll never do a set in a hot room i just ask if there's somewhere cooler we can work its also horrible doing nails in extreme heat!! xx

Latest posts

Back