Disastrous Nails by Creative Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affinity

Reaction score
I need to blow off a bit of steam........

I had my nails done by a Creative Nail technition, someone I hadnt been to before as my usual tech had left the salon. :cry: She was only 20, and she could produce and beautiful set anyone would be proud to wear!

I phoned up Creative direct and asked for a Creative technition in my area.

I was given a list of numbers and I chose one off the list, and so I booked my rebalance with the new lady, she charged super high prices, of which I thought i was going to get a super duper set of nails done.:eek:

By the time she finished and I looked at my nails, I couldnt believe what she had "created".. they looked awful. There was airbubbles in the pink acylic, of which some of the acrylic hadnt been taken right up to the side walls so theres a massive gap....the smile lines were all uneven and shabby, she hadnt even buffed the edges properly so the next day it looked like I had a lot of lifting.:mad:

I showed my nails to my husband when I got home, and i got "the look", and the first thing he asked was "did you pay for these?".

I was really really dissapointed. I know I should have said something to her and it might have ended up in a cat fight (and I didnt tell her I am Creative trained myself). She charged super high prices and I got a really poor set. Do people really put up with this from nail techs and go back time and time again?

Has anyone else had this???? Should I call Creative direct and tell them what happened as they recommended her to me? She even claimed to be trained by Ketan Patel in Hammersmith.

By this it makes me even more determined to create a really good set of nail enhancements for my custmers!!!!!:biggrin:

Comments will be most welcome!!

Signing off!

Affinity xx

thats bad, you should have said something.

I used to get my nails done by some one in kent who apparently was creative trained and she cut my fingers to shreads! and my nail plates felt like they had loads of pressure on them, and they fanned out and were like door steps.

just never go to her again, and tell people how poo she was! He He!!!!

This is a sad tale but unfortunately real life.

Did you check her certificates - she may have been Creative trained 10 years ago and never done any further training - was she a Master ie. did she complete the entire course.

Designer Nails will only be able to give you names of people who are on their database with your post code - I dont think they would be able to tell you if she had kept her training up to date. - I might be wrong.

As an example - I am probably on NSI database as I did a one day course with them about 3 years ago but that doesn't make me an expert NSI nail tech LOL.

It is sad that you have had this experience - maybe you need to practice more on doing your own nails - it is a sad fact that if clients know you are a nail tech and look at your nails they might be put off thinking that they are an example of your work - just a thought - equally if you are wearing fantastic nails and people ask where you have your nails done - they will go to whoever does your nails.

I had a set put on for my holiday in a local salon, not creative though, my husband thought i could have made a better job of them myself! there were lumps of acrylic under my free edge etc! like you i didnt say anything, just didnt go back.

Out of interest what did she charge as you say 'super high' (just nosey lol)

Oh I can sympathise with you. Last year I wanted to 'check out the competition' so I went to a local CND trained nail tech. I can't fault her on her PREP, everything was fine, but was just not happy with the end result. See attached pics. When I got home I had to try to sort out the wonkyness of them and give myself some proper smile lines, as opposed to the straight lines (kind of straight) she had given me! I couldn't stand looking at them so took them off after a day.

I've seen some awful nails in the last year, the worst ones from another local salon (not claiming to be CND/ trained) but people tend to put up with it because this one only takes 40 minutes to do a set!!! They are horrendous and like huge chunks of acrylic, but for some people, time rather than quality seems to be a big factor in choosing a nail tech.

By the way - I never commented on the fact that I wasn't happy with my nails either, just said thanks and handed over the money........ no tip though! :twisted: I think a lot of people must be put off by an experience like this, especially if it's their first ever.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 617
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 461
C what u mean Jackie, u no what they say if you have nothing good to say dont say anything at all

And i have been worried about my smile lines!! Mine are positively grinning compared to those !!

diesel1978 said:
And i have been worried about my smile lines!! Mine are positively grinning compared to those !!
me too :p

dear affinity
pm me & tell me where u live, i may b able to direct u to a cnd tech that i've trained & can reccomend.
my students come from all over kent(& some from out side of kent, u know who u are!!)
our salon has clients from a 40 mile radius, they can struggle to find somewhere that works to a similar standard.
on the other hand, a LOT of the general public really have no idea what can b acheived by a decent nail tech.
it is 1 of my passions to educate the public as to what they should b demanding from their technicians.
a current problem is that there is NO guarantee that any certificate is going to deliver good results.
all my students are told that although legally they are able to work when they've passed their foundation class, ethically, they should complete 3-6 months minimum practice & training to b competant in a working envoirment.
also the best move for them is to get some work experience in a reputable salon.
the saying goes "you can take a horse to water, but u can't make it drink"
this applies to students.
i try my hardest to inspire them to b the best they can b, but sometimes they just want the easy option.
this happens in each training situation eg. college;other product companies training.
a certificate on the wall should never b enough to guarantee a quality service.
if i had to try to find a nail tech while i was staying away, i would look for the busiest salon, & get them to do 1 nail.
this way i get to assess the standard quickly, without suffering too much!
liza xx

I once had a terrible haircut form a Toni & Guy trained hairdresser .... I did not blame Toni & Guy.

Creative only told you who was using the product in your area ... they only recommend Master technicians and even they can let CND down at times.

Just because a person uses a certain line, does not make them fabulous technicians.

All US technicians are licensed, but not all are good and even less are great. All CND educators including Ketan Patel, only TEACH we do not TRAIN. Training happens in the salon or in Master Classes. You can 'lead a horse to water' but they may not drink it. You can teach all the best information, but the person may decide not to use it. Sorry but that is life. Word of moth from another satisfied customer is the best recommendation always.

She charged £50 for a full set & £28 rebalence. I dont know if that is the norm, but its certainly higher to most in the area here, what do you?

My jaw just hit the floor and came back up again...! Find a new tech hun...and quick;)

Affinity said:
She charged £50 for a full set & £28 rebalence. I dont know if that is the norm, but its certainly higher to most in the area here, what do you?

vicky said:
My jaw just hit the floor and came back up again...! Find a new tech hun...and quick;)
I dont intend to go back - at all -ever - would rather go without!!!

Blimey!! no one in my area charges that much (but then we are talking Basildon) lol

I feel so sorry for clients there days as finding a good nail tech is often like looking a needle in a hay stack!!
I serviced a ladies nails the other day, on the fone she told me her nails were bad but when I got there I COULD NOT BELIVE MY EYES

A full set of severly lifting nails. The tech of course blamed her for the
icon_evil.gif
problem and
refused to go back and sort them out!!

I ask you girls no wonder us techs get a bad name!!

Sorry I have to vent my fustrations
icon_frown.gif
as this is NO WAY to deal with a person!!

Having your nails done is a total image transformation, not a painful process.

I would really consdier going back and talking to the tech who did them, at least give her the chance to offer to sort it out. If you dont tell people what they are doing wrong then they cant sort it out. I like all feedback from my customers good or bad, we are happy to sort out a problem if it is our fault. maybe she was having a bad day!

I too recently (although indirectly) had a bad experience with a CND technician. :sad:

I had received a phone call from someone 40 miles away from me who had heard that I had a fab reputation in nails in my area :O and wanted advice re which nail salon to go to in her area. I at first recommended Backscratchers (sorry guys, but my loyalties lie there!! :D ) but she said she'd had difficulty finding a Backscratchers tech in her area and all the salons appeared to be purely acrylic, or acrylic and gel ones.

As a result, I recommended she find a salon using good quality products and mentioned Creative. Fortunately, I said to her at the time that Creative make fab products and have high training standards, BUT also told her that this did not guarantee a fab set of nails (phew!!). I also said she would be well advised to be a cheeky cow and ask anyone local she saw with beautiful nails where they get them done :lol:

Anyhoo, met her at a wedding last month and can only describe the nails I saw as looking like an extra set of teeth stuck on the ends of her fingers!!! Awful. Very wide and chunky... not the thin and natural effect I would've liked to have seen at all. :sad: And they were def done by a Creative tech.

Anyhoo, this lass is pretty "nail-clueless" and was pleased with them :eek: but it goes to prove again that good brand doesn't guarantee beautiful nails. Great products will help you, but they won't automatically make you a great technician. It's what you do with your product that counts. :D xx

Up To Scratch said:
but it goes to prove again that a good brand doesn't guarantee beautiful nails. Great products will help you, but they won't automatically make you a great technician. It's what you do with your product that counts. :D xx
ABSOLUTELY - and may I just ask - WHY ON EARTH DID NONE OF YOU SAY ANYTHING AT THE TIME - I just don't get that??????????????? THAT is why service in the USA is so kick-butt - because they are not afraid to stand up for GOOD SERVICE AND DEMAND IT!!! or SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

I hate hearing stories like this; some train and use CND JUST TO CHARGE MORE; some THINK their nails look nice when they don't; SOME trained 20 years ago and have never updated!!! We only recommend Masters over the phone unless the person insists 'any' Creative TEK will do and I personally only recommend people I know - at least I am guaranteed that the person will get a great full-set!
I am sorry you had a bad experience but seriously ALL - Tell us OR TELL THEM - how on earth will it get any better if we don't?? - AND AS FOR PAYING FOR A HORRIFIC JOB?????? That's crazy - I would not pay 'period' for a 'naff' full set AND I would threaten to call HQ and inform them!

Nailinlondon1 wrote this in another post and it relates to this subject -

But how are any of these less skilled Technicians going to know that their nails are not up to industry standard or even eye pleasing standard......If no one tells them how will they ever improve, or see the light and get added training ????
I for one know, that if I do not like a service hair, beauty or nails I would tell !!!!!I would not shout rant or rave, I would be polite and point this out..........

Mrs Geek said:
ABSOLUTELY - and may I just ask - WHY ON EARTH DID NONE OF YOU SAY ANYTHING AT THE TIME - I just don't get that??????????????? THAT is why service in the USA is so kick-butt - because they are not afraid to stand up for GOOD SERVICE AND DEMAND IT!!! or SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

I hate hearing stories like this; some train and use CND JUST TO CHARGE MORE; some THINK their nails look nice when they don't; SOME trained 20 years ago and have never updated!!! We only recommend Masters over the phone unless the person insists 'any' Creative TEK will do and I personally only recommend people I know - at least I am guaranteed that the person will get a great full-set!
I am sorry you had a bad experience but seriously ALL - Tell us OR TELL THEM - how on earth will it get any better if we don't?? - AND AS FOR PAYING FOR A HORRIFIC JOB?????? That's crazy - I would not pay 'period' for a 'naff' full set AND I would threaten to call HQ and inform them!
I agree Samantha, you must open your mouth at the time and as for doing a nail course 20years ago and never updating their skills is ludicrus, i for one regulary attend courses to be up to date and basically in touch with this ever growing industry

Amanda

Latest posts

Back