Disclaimer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vixmg

Reaction score
Hiya
Does anyone use a disclaimer. The thing is Ive had a couple of people walk in and ask for an eyelash and/or eyebrow tint. Ive said they need a patch test doing first then if all is ok I'll do the treatment. On both occasions they have said they have had it before and they know it would be fine. I said Id still rather do a patch test to which they have said they cant wait 24 hours and want the treatment NOW.

Is there such a thing that they can sign to say they want the treatment and have wavered their right to a patch test and if any problems occur then its not the therapists fault but the client for not having the test done in the first place?

Thanks

Vicky

I used to, but a few insurance companies now say that it dosnt matter if the client wishes to refuse a skin test as they can still sue you if they get a reaction.

To be honest for a tenner its too much of a risk. I also re-patch test every 6 months as well as hormone changes etc can alter how someone will react. If someone calls up to book I send them a card that they rub on the inside of their arm and when they come in I ask if they have had a reaction. If they havent they sign the form and then I do the tint.

It proves your professional as well if you refuse, even with a small chance of a reaction, I would much rather cover my back than be closed down for one small over sight.

Kate

Hello,

I posted a thread a few days ago on this and there was some help on this.

I am going to make my own, and include some of the questions that aren't included, like pregancy, epilepsy etc, and also I am going to have a better understanding of my clients medical prescriptions and use a medical dictionary, so I will have to make sure that they know I will look up their medicane so I know any side affects, contra indications etc.

Hope that helps?

Carly x

I used to, but a few insurance companies now say that it dosnt matter if the client wishes to refuse a skin test as they can still sue you if they get a reaction.

To be honest for a tenner its too much of a risk.

It proves your professional as well if you refuse, even with a small chance of a reaction, I would much rather cover my back than be closed down for one small over sight.

Kate

Couldn't agree more. A disclaimer wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on IMO xx

The problem with sending out tests in the post you can never be sure they had done it. It would be better to get them in and do it yourself so you know its done. your insurance company would not pay out if it was sent in the post as there is no proof it was done.

Brands of tint are different, so even if they are ok with one brand, they may not be with the brand you are using. It's just not worth even considering doing a tint without a patch test. If people say to me that they don't need a patch test, I tell them that I have to do one to be covered by my insurance, and it's for their safety too.

Latest posts

Back