Dishonourable client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazzy70

Reaction score
Help.
Had a client today whom I squeezed a 45 minute appointment into 15 min space, (biting into my lunch) as she told me she was getting married on Saturday and had forgotten to book her beauty and hair appointments!
Ok so I Felt sorry for her, also squeezed her in for her spray tan tomorrow at 5pm. Upon leaving and paying today she mentioned that she was getting her nails done at another local salon at 4.15pm to have gel tips and french done before the spray tan at 'ours' And asked if she was late would it be a problem? I said not really but I am fully booked and will have other clients to see, but if she could call us if she is going to be late that would be helpfull. Assured her that I would fit it in somewhere so not to let her down.
Anyway, my daughter whom works at the other local salon....
has come home this evening to inform me that the 'lady who is with me for a spray tan at 5pm 2mrw called her salon this afternoon bad mouthing me! saying I was difficult to deal with and rude and had been nothing but hassle!
Well charmed im sure, I am very annoyed about this as she is the one whom left things to the last minute, all I have done is bend over to accomadate her. I was not at any point rude to her or a 'hassle' in fact the contrary.
The owner whom took the call at the other slaon is now telling everyone this bad gossip and believing it, and also Loving it!!!
What should I do and how should I deal with this client when she comes at 5pm 2mrw for her spray tan, even if she is late and I have to stress my proverbial to fit her in as promised earlier???
Annoyed and Hurt. :grr:

Please any Help or advice out there greatly appreciated.

If she turns up late I would refuse to do it and not re-book her in x

Don't worry she will be a pain in the arse to them as well. They will soon get the measure of her. Don't do anything else for her. I would phone her to cancel her appointment if she asks why tell her you are not prepared to carry out any further treatments on her. Be polite and professional. I have been in business for many years and have "barred" three people from my clinic. Each time I politely told them I was not prepared to treat them any more as I felt I couldn't please them and it would be in both of our interest if they went else where. Two of the clients have repeatedly tried to book back in! It will be better for you if she tells people you refused to carry out any treatments on her than saying your rubbish, rude etc.. people who know her will know what's she is like. Good luck! x

Poor you! Not very professional of me but I'd put her on the spot ( when she's in her hat and paper knickers) and tell her very sweetly what they said she said.

Haha like your style umvemve!

I was thinking I should cancel her appointment and tell her as she has called 'another salon' and told them im rude and hard to deal with and a hassle....Perhaps she should find somewhere else to deal with her appointments today and in the Future.

OR

Confront her about it politely 2mrw when she is undressed and already sprayed before I leave her to dry, letting her know that I know what she has been saying underhandedley about me and my other staff and that 'the Town' is a small place and word gets back ro me quickly.
Then she can stew wondering how her tan will be and if Ive done a really terrible job on her in spite for her Wedding day!

Then I will put a spell on her! (joke) :lol:

Haha like your style umvemve!

I was thinking I should cancel her appointment and tell her as she has called 'another salon' and told them im rude and hard to deal with and a hassle....Perhaps she should find somewhere else to deal with her appointments today and in the Future.

OR

Confront her about it politely 2mrw when she is undressed and already sprayed before I leave her to dry, letting her know that I know what she has been saying underhandedley about me and my other staff and that 'the Town' is a small place and word gets back ro me quickly.
Then she can stew wondering how her tan will be and if Ive done a really terrible job on her in spite for her Wedding day!

Then I will put a spell on her! (joke) :lol:

HaHa id go with option 2 ;)

Please let us know how you get on with this client I'm dying to know!! lol.

Another way you can confront is do it in a roundabout way!

For example, when she's semi naked strike a conversation about the beauty industry, and mention your daughter (or lie and say friend if you dont want to involve her) works for that other salon and that you get to hear all the gossip, especially when a clients bad mouths you! This will make her paranoid, and then slowly drop in phrases that she used, like 'I hope it wasn't too much HASSLE for you to get in today' and I hope it wasn't to DIFFICULT TO DEAL with using two salons'

Hehee

I'd say something like, 'my daughter works at so and so salon', give her THE LOOK and leave it at that.

Am I the only one who thinks there's a possibility that if she thought you were that rude, she may not even come back for the 5pm appointment?

If she does, I'd be inclined to say something like "look just so you know, I don't appreciate you bad mouthing me to another salon when you never gave me a heads up that you were unhappy with my service. I would have liked to have been told first, from you, rather than hear it second hand". Then watch her squirm. Some clients are not very smart about things like this - they figure if you're competition that you don't speak to each other. The funny thing in my town is I am friendly with and even treatment swap every fortnight with 2 of my competitors and I pick up a lot of goss from 1 of them lol.

Please let us know how you get on with this client I'm dying to know!! lol.

Another way you can confront is do it in a roundabout way!

For example, when she's semi naked strike a conversation about the beauty industry, and mention your daughter (or lie and say friend if you dont want to involve her) works for that other salon and that you get to hear all the gossip, especially when a clients bad mouths you! This will make her paranoid, and then slowly drop in phrases that she used, like 'I hope it wasn't too much HASSLE for you to get in today' and I hope it wasn't to DIFFICULT TO DEAL with using two salons'

Hehee

Ohh i this this one ^ do this ;) x

I think I would drop her right in it, let her come for her spray tan and say " oh I'm terribly sorry, we were told by the other salon you were not happy with our services, so we naturally assumed you wouldn't want to keep this appointment so cancelled it" then let her run around and try and find someone else last minute :)

I would either get on with the tan or cancel the tan telling her why, i wouldn't bother with anything else!!!
I wouldn't beat around the bush or hint comments or anything. Things don't always run how we see them happening in our head and you could get yourself in more stress than you need. If you confront her after her tan she could deliberately sabotage her tan to have come back on you, some people will do this wedding or no wedding so be professional and either grin and bear it or sack her. Problem sorted.

She will proberly run the nail bar down to you because it sounds as if this is the kind of lady she is :) i would do her tan put money in your pocket and forget about her :)) xx

Just a thought...what about client confidentiality?
Therapists shouldn't be discussing clients with staff from another salon (related or not) so although I agree the client hasn't behaved very nice you can't mention it to her without potentially creating a problem for yourself or your daughter!

I rate carlalouise idea best :)

Clients are clients some rude some polite just see the pound sign above her head remember its her paying your wage and let it fly right over your head.

As long as YOU know you're accommodating and polite others will think what they will whether you want them to or not.

Although I absolutely love some of the suggestions I think you will feel better if you remain the professional you are

Well she turned up 45 mins late having had her nails done at other salon, nice as ninepence!
I fitted her in between clients and after I had sprayed her and about to leave her to dry I said " I was sorry to hear that you were unhappy with how you have been dealt with here and if someone has been rude to you and difficult to deal with would you like to elaborate with me as to whom it was and I can look into it?"
Stunned to say the least she replied "oh I wasnt talking about here that was about (...another salon..) round the corner, I'm more than happy with your service and can't thank you guys enough for all your help fitting me in at the last minute." Backtrack, backtrack and grovel.
I just replied " oh I see I am glad to hear that, perhaps you would like to share the GOOD feedback then."
So all in all she is just a moany client with more faces than Big Ben!
Im glad I had the courage to confront her though and it made me feel a whole lot better!
Thank you guys for all your advice.
Big Hugs to all. :hug:

Well done you! Dont think I would dare xx

Well played :)

Glad to see it all worked out and you got to mess with her at least a little :p

Latest posts

Back