Distorted Shellac brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellabella

Reaction score
hi guys,
Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this....
I bought a few Shellac colours few months back., re restocking favorites and order a few i had yet to try.. one of which was Masquerade, when i opened it to apply to a colour pop.. i noticed the brush was slightly bent but nothing too much, i presumed just the way packed..and it would be fine.
any hoo...when i used on a client first time the brush was really distorted and bent, and the polish seemed thicker than you would expect a new bottle to be... i ensured i had shaken the bottle well too..
after a few nails.. i had to use a nail art brush to apply...:eek: and did notice a few thicker bits in the application... i was fortunate that i was appling to toes and the client was also a friend! it was easier to remove the thick bits without too much problems..
Afterwards i looked more closely at the brush , and it seemed like the shellac had cured in places.,... :Scared:and bits were hard.. obviously by this time id had the bottle a few months and didnt think id be able to return it...
Luckily i had a bottle of another colour thats had finished.. so i cleaned the brush thoroughly and replace into the masquerade.
I used again today, and the brush has bent again.. and its even thicker. and bits of dried even worse!
I store all my shellac on my wall rack in my nail room, in a hair dressers... the climate isnt too hot or cold and all other colours are fine...my only thought is the bottle may not be completely light tight? hope that makes sense..could there be a flaw in the density of the bottle cover? allowing the product to slowly cure whilst on shelf??
I realised iam going to have to throw this bottle away at a loss, and order new..as typically a few regular clients had shown interest in this for their xmas nails!!.
I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this with same colour or any others??

xx:wink2:

i had a bent brush once which wouldnt straighten but nothing else. x

Are you sure it wasn't just packing starch? Often new brushes need to be cleaned and loosened up with a bit of d'sperse before first use.

My cream puff was like this! I cleaned it off with dsperse and it's fine now!

Are you sure it wasn't just packing starch? Often new brushes need to be cleaned and loosened up with a bit of d'sperse before first use.

No I clean the original brush, but after it distorted more.. I replaced with another brush from another bottle... And this distorted in time too 😞

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

No I clean the original brush, but after it distorted more.. I replaced with another brush from another bottle... And this distorted in time too 😞

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you order it from S2? If you did I would just call them up and explain to them and they will probably be able to swap it for you. I had a Vinylux colour where the brush was all splayed out so the bristles were pointing in all directions and didn't help to clean it. Called S2 they were really helpful. I had to send back the faulty one and they sent me a new one and refunded my postage of sending it back to them too.

My masquerade was half cured in the bottle and the brush was a mess! I sent it back to ellisons x

My masquerade was half cured in the bottle and the brush was a mess! I sent it back to ellisons x

I bought mine from ellisons, was it from Coventry by any chance? i see your in the midlands... can you remember when you bought it?? x

A fellow tech mailed me on Facebook earlier to ask if I'd had problems with the new colours, I personally haven't but she has with 2 out of the 3 she bought. The brushes are badly splayed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back