Do any geeks do Spinning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonsbabe

Reaction score
OMG I've gone and booked my first ever spinning class :Scared:

I'm more than a little scared but really want to give it a good go. I'm extremely out of shape but heard that spinning can really help with weight loss and fitness levels.

Do any geeks out there do spinning and what do you think? Any hints and tips would be fab

I tried it and HATED it. My left knee has never been the same.

I do know others who LOVE it...it's just not for me.

Hope you love it. :)

I've been once a while ago its definitely hard work but it made me feel great afterwards, i would love to try it again but i think i will need to get my fitness levels up a bit before i give it another go. Hope you enjoy your spinning :)

I've done it a couple of times but I hate it too. I hate being shouted at by an instructor, telling me what yo do and when to change pace etc (might explain why id like to be my own boss-lol!!) Having said that my sister loves spinning classes-they work her really hard as she knows if she was to go to the gym she'd half-arse around and get nothing done. I'm happier going to the gym or out for a run. If they get the music pumping loud and you get into it you'll love it! And it'll really work your fitness levels-good luck!! Let us know how you get on. PGx

I found it hard - but then since when has working out been easy - our instructor said although he will be asking for max - you must do what you can manage then build it up.
I found it quite addictive and found myself working harder and harder each session - sadly ours is so busy you have to book way ahead its that popular. As a result of the summer I haven't been able to get booked in.

I love spinning. Yea it is hard bur just work at a pace u can handle and work ur way up.

It is a great fat burner

Xxxx

Advice take a bottle of water and a towel, you will sweat like a pig.

Its tough but fun.

I even managed to pull my handle bars out of the bike i was using lol

Hi

I used to do 3 classes a week - barely manage 1 now as so busy but I have to say its great - one tip which I wish someone had told me when I first started is if you stand up make sure you have enough tension as new people tend not to and their legs run away with them - if you know what I mean! well you will once you have been! - its better to have it a bit harder then you can keep control of your legs and is actually easier.

Def take a lot of liquid with you though you will need it - hope you enjoy it!! :D

Hi, spin is my favourite class it's addictive when you get into it, what I would say also is if you like it & you plan to do 2 or 3 classes a week buy the cycling shoes which clip onto the bike mine were only £15 & they keep your legs at the right angle reducing stress on your knees, hope you enjoy your class xx

OMG.....that was sooo hard. I ache all over and nobody mentioned the bum ache from the seat (ouch!!!). I also need a bigger water bottle. have to say I felt a little bit sick and felt a little like Bridget Jones after but I'm commited to going back. Must be mad lol

Also booked in for Bodypump tomorrow night.....:biggrin:

OMG.....that was sooo hard. I ache all over and nobody mentioned the bum ache from the seat (ouch!!!). I also need a bigger water bottle. have to say I felt a little bit sick and felt a little like Bridget Jones after but I'm commited to going back. Must be mad lol

Also booked in for Bodypump tomorrow night.....:biggrin:

Oh yeah, the bum hurts after spinning, I'm surprised we all forgot to mention that! It's not the comfiest seat. Glad you're going back tho, you're a better woman than me! Have you done Bodypump before? I love Bodypump-it's a brilliant class!! Have fun :). PGx

I use to spin but now don't have the time! I went to a cycle shop and bought a gel seat cover!!! Life saver for the private parts lol!!

Latest posts

Back