Do clients still want basic mani's & pedi's these days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
As the title says, do clients still ask you for a basic manicure/pedicure - soak, file, polish etc? Minx, shellac, crystal pedis, l&p and many more are so popular now I was wondering if anyone still makes any money doing the usual manicures/pedicures? X

Hi, yes I still get asked to do them... Mainly pedicures in the summer although shellac an rockstar are my most popular treatments x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Pedicures especially. Loads and loads of them. I'm constantly having to restock my pedi stuff! x

No basic mani's but I do basic pedi's, especially in the summer. :)

Toes yes! Lots during summer and after christmas (presents). But fingues not so much lotd of people ask for gelish.

Wow I had bad spelling there! My nails ate to long

I incorporate the old with the new as much as possible ,
All of my manicure / pedicure treatments come with the added option of shellac or rockstar ,
By the time I have explained the benefits the clients normally up grade,

Hardly any basic mani but I do gets lots of bookings for pedi's once the sun comes out.
They all love minx/rockstar toes but a lot of clients say they feel more pampered with a pedi & love hove their feet feel afterwards.

I'm getting more requests for basic pedis now but noone has normal polish ever. Only time I've ever used my polishes is at school pamper evenings and the one standard mani client I see a few times a year. I definitely won't be buying any more polish in a hurry.

Thanks for the replies ladies! Seems I should invest in more minx etc rather than normal nail polish! X

Everyone wants Shellac!:D

I do lots of manicures and pedicures, and shellac on hands but not feet, my polish usually lasts 4-6 weeks on toes so my clients don't want it on there toes and I don't see any real advantages, other than exactly matching colours up, but I can usually find a near match.

I do a lot of Jessica manicures and pedicures as a natural nail service, I have quite a few clients who don't wear polish full-stop, let alone anything more! Even with my GELeration I insist application & removal be combined with a full manicure or pedicure.

It's not that expensive- its such a great lamp! 4 shellac treatments and it's paid for ;)

It's not that expensive- its such a great lamp! 4 shellac treatments and it's paid for ;)

That is true - but then there are all the lovely colours to buy! Lol . I will defiantly be purchasing soon x

Oh gosh I know- I have 13 colours and must stop buying any for a while or I'll never make any money lol

I just bought 3 more shellac colours! Couldn't help myself haha x

I just bought 3 more shellac colours! Couldn't help myself haha x

I haven't bought anything yet but iv been on the s2 website for 3 days planning what I'm going to buy soon! X

Latest posts

Back