Do I carry on doing this clients nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbie.Jane

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. Me and my partner spilt for around 4-5 months during this time we both saw other people. Finally we decided to give it another go as we have a 2 year old.

He got me a client from he's work who wanted shellac, I have done her nails twice now, but I have recently found out that they had been on a date together when we were broken up.

My problem is that I didn't know this prior to first doing her nails and now I feel really ark ward as i found this out as I had a feeling something went on between them, not that he told me off he's own back.

What do I do or what would you ladies do??

Ouch. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Personally I wouldn't be able to carry on seeing this client as I am such a jealous person!
BUT having said that if you feel you can put the past behind you and it honestly doesn't bother you then carry on. Not being rude but it's all money isn't it.
Not sure how helpful that was but it's just my opinion.
X

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Thanks for you reply, that's what I was thinking it is money at the end of the day but I don't know how I'm gonna feel when I see her x

Hi Abbie that sounds awful, personally (if I was you) I wouldn't do this client's nails again. As it will only remind you of things that your trying to forget about and move on from.

It would be really hard to remain professional with this client, knowing what you know about her!! I know you said that you weren't together at the time... but it may be awkward.

That's just my view though, hope everything is fine now. It's nice to hear that you and your partner managed to work things out. xxx

I would carry on doing them. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer ;)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

It's definitely a tricky one. I hope you find a solution that suits you x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Very true but it's very hard to make conversation with her as it is and another bit of info I missed is that when he goes out with he's mates she's there and I just don't know whether to say anything. Oh god my head is banging x

Oouchy! I can understand your situation, here's what I would do;
Just be as nice as you possibly can be, very professional, and try not to engage in any gossipy chit chat.

Also, of course, take her money, -- money is money!, and your'e earning it in a legitimate way.

Don't forget to smile too, show her how happy you are.

Put the past behind you, you can't change the past but you can influence the future.

On a personal note, I would not do her nails, as like previous posters have said I would be really jealous, even though they had a date outside the relationship it is still your man and he has been with her(don't mean physically) but just enjoyed another woman's company iykwim? I wouldn't be able to sit and do her nails and I would probably make catty comments.

On a professional level, I would do her nails, don't engage in conversation about your partner etc and just talk about general things. Take her money and leave it at that. If you don't feel comfortable in doing her nails just state you are fully booked, you don't have to do her nails but it just depends on you x

I would do her nails no probs.. Just keep reminding yourself what you had before you had your break and now too... She only had him for one mere date.

I do an ex's wife's nails and we chit chat fine. It's money after all.

Two ways of thinking on it
1. She could be quite nervous worrying you'd find out she went on a date with your man n be worried you'd kick off but still want you to do nails as she's had good recommendation
2. OR.. She's the type of woman who knows it could be making you feel awkward so comes back.. Making her feel like she's in control despite not having the guy..

Christ a crazy thought, I've just had a BAM moment and described myself!!

I would do her nails. You and your fella have sorted your issues out and are back together now, so you know you love each other and only want to be with each other,if there was anything to worry about with this woman you wouldnt be back with your husband, he'd have carried on seeing her!! I'd do her nails, be nice to her, chat about the weather and holidays and eastenders, and forget about any history.

Thanks for the great advice, I just want to remain professional but there are other issues aswell surrounding our son when he was seeing her. I guess I'll have to see on the day how I feel and go from there x

If it is making you feel that uncomfortable, if it is something you spend the time leading up to it worrying about, then i would stop doing her nails.

If it is just a little, ahh what do i say now, awkwardness, i would persevere for the money.

How long have you been back with your partner? Would you talk to him about it? It might make you feel better and more reassured to discuss it with him. I'm sure trying to keep it a secret is adding to your worry xx

Sorry but I'd have to question why she wants you to do her nails, if I was her I'd want anyone other than you. I am such a suspicious person but I'd be concerned that she has another agenda by trying to get close to you.
Do what you are comfortable with and always listen to your gut!

The first thing I would wonder is what is her motivation for coming to me in the first place. If it is to find stuff out about him, then be very careful. Don't engage in any personal chit chat about yourself or your family unless it is to give her exactly the information YOU want her to have. Such as how happy you are. That being said, I liked the keep your enemies closer comment that someone posted before me.

Well if it was just a date and he's with you again now, I would carry on.

However, it is obviously something that is causing you a level of anxiety. If you have to think about it this much then I say no, don't do it for your own sanity. Take care of yourself and don't put yourself in a situation that is going to be stressful for you if you really don't have to.

Hmmm tough one this.

Initially I'd have said carry on. Try not to let it get to you. But now I'm thinking *what's in it for her* - does she want to get close to you for a reason?

I'm sorry to ask, but are you 100% sure that everything is finished between them? If anything even happened other than a drink/date?

I don't know. I would like to say I'd be professional about it and continue to take money from her, but if it's causing you stress, I'd be fully booked.

The first thing I would wonder is what is her motivation for coming to me in the first place. If it is to find stuff out about him, then be very careful. Don't engage in any personal chit chat about yourself or your family unless it is to give her exactly the information YOU want her to have. Such as how happy you are. That being said, I liked the keep your enemies closer comment that someone posted before me.

Totally agree with this, why would she want you to do her nails? If be really suspicious about it aswel. Is your fella normally in when she comes round for her nails? I'd probably suggest that I'm going to be doing mobile work so as to keep work and personal life seperate. See if she still wants you as her nail tech then. But then I'm a typical Scorpio, sensitive, jealous and a complete drama queen when it comes to over analysing everything lol xxx

I personally wouldn't do them as I'd feel very awkward and also wonder if she had an ulterior motive behind it. What does your boyfriend think about you doing them?

I think your heart has told you the answer before typing this post.

Your feelings are going to affect your work with this person, like the first reply said, it's money, but if you make a mistake it can also lose you more money than it made you.

Follow your heart and if you feel you need to put everything from the past in the past just be polite and tell her that to be able to try to make a go of your relationship you are going to have to stop her nails to keep it togeather xoxo

Latest posts

Back