Do I have to learn intimate waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty28

Reaction score
Hi.
I have just started an itec diploma level 2 in beauty and am enjoying the course. We will be learning bikini waxing but thats as far as it goes in that area.
My question is after i have done my level 3 and go in to work will i have to learn brazillian and hollywood waxing? or can i get away with just doing bikini area?

I will be honest and say that i dont really want to learn intimate waxing, its just something i feel i could just never do. so will i have to??

And if i did have to learn woud i learn on the job? or have to go on a course? and on the course how do they teach? do they make you practise on each other? omg i would hope not!

thanks x:o

Hi.
I have just started an itec diploma level 2 in beauty and am enjoying the course. We will be learning bikini waxing but thats as far as it goes in that area.
My question is after i have done my level 3 and go in to work will i have to learn brazillian and hollywood waxing? or can i get away with just doing bikini area?

I will be honest and say that i dont really want to learn intimate waxing, its just something i feel i could just never do. so will i have to??

And if i did have to learn woud i learn on the job? or have to go on a course? and on the course how do they teach? do they make you practise on each other? omg i would hope not!

If you want to offer intimate waxing, you defiantly need training but if it's just basic bikini waxing you want to offer then you're fine :)

You should do a course otherwise your technique will be wrong. Most salons offer brazilian but Hollywood should definatly be taught

Yes you would need to have proper training to offer any intimate waxing treatments.

Good training will give you the skill and confidence to carry out the treatments.
Intimate waxing training is generally a one day course for students that have already had general waxing training.

Most courses involve demo models to watch and then the students waxing each other. TBH its the best way to learn to experience the waxing yourself.

Your kidding?? i will have to let someone wax me down there on a course?
im really worried now theres no way i will ever learn then.

If i get work in a salon, will they still employ me if i say i only do bikini waxing?

kirsty x

Won't you have to practise bikini on each other on your course? I felt mortified at the thought of it but then you are just concentrating so much on what you're doing you forget where you are iykwim. :)

Your kidding?? i will have to let someone wax me down there on a course?
im really worried now theres no way i will ever learn then.

If i get work in a salon, will they still employ me if i say i only do bikini waxing?

kirsty x

Only do what u are comfortable with.
After waxing for a while you will probably change your mind!
I was the same when I did my warm wax training...but now I'm very keen to do hot wax! Lol

Kirsty, no, you dont have to do an intimate waxing course if you do not want to. I never forced any of my staff to do this if they were uncomfortable with it, but once they became experienced basic bikini waxers they usually asked me if and when they could do the intimate course. You will probably find that the more experienced you become, the less you will be intimidated by the course, as, without realising it, your basic wax will start getting more intimate than you realise ie after several months, your basic may be 1cm closer than what you learnt at college (hope this makes sense), so you are therefore possibly ready for the new challenge.

By refusing now to even think about the advanced course, you may well limit your future employment / earnings prospects.

Get your basic bikini learnt first, practice, practice and practice some more, then, when / if you are ready, book yourself in with someone brilliant like Kim, and you will look back and wonder what the issue is!

Good luck and don't stress - you haven't even done the basic yet!

You should only do what you're comfortable doing. Don't let anyone make you do it if you don't want to. If you do decide to do intimate waxing, it's best for you and your client to get trained.

As an aside though, Brazilian waxing is offered my most salons in the UK, so if you're not prepared to do it, it may hinder your chances of getting a job.

Ok so i see how maybe once im confident in bikini waxing then i might feel different will have to wait and see but not in a million years will i ever want to experience it myself.

So feel kind of deflated now as i would want to have the option to learn without it being done to me. I could cry at the thought of it.

Not all courses require you gave it done. I did my train in female intimate and practiced on two models on the day.

Hi,you will need to be trained in intimate waxing before offering it,but if you are not keen I would wait until you have more experience in bikini then you may feel more confident to tackle the intimate waxing.
I only did bikini for years but as someone else said you find that the bikini wax gets more and more like an intimate as the client wants more and more hair removed.
It was not a problem that I only did bikini waxes but now I do intimate it is very popular and has brought me more clients,there are not a lot that offer it round where I live.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do but don't feel pressured and worried,only do it if you are comfortable and ready :)

Ok so i see how maybe once im confident in bikini waxing then i might feel different will have to wait and see but not in a million years will i ever want to experience it myself.

So feel kind of deflated now as i would want to have the option to learn without it being done to me. I could cry at the thought of it.

I felt the same as you about 3yrs ago, however after speaking with some friends I decided that if i was thinking of offering it and training in it I should get it done. I found a salon that used hot wax and have not looked back since! It is nowhere near as bad as i thought. I still haven't done the training athough it is something i plan to do soon x

It's really not so bad, might be worth having one in a salon just to see.

However, if you do go for it, there was a girl when I trained who couldn't be waxed so she brought a model with her, maybe that's an option if you really can't face being waxed yourself?

Hi I cant add any more than everyone else has already said really. If you do decide to offer intimate waxing in the future you will definitely need to do the intimate wax training, it's a really bad idea to assume that you can give it a go just because you're trained in regular waxing (not that I'm suggesting you would, only you'd be amazed at how many do!!).

Only do what you are comfortable with though. It will enhance your chances of employment if you do, but you should only do what you are comfortable with. I did my intimate wax training with Kim Lawless and we worked on each other on the course, but I remember she did say that if we didnt want to be waxed we could bring a model along, so if you can find someone who's prepared to be waxed with an audience, that's a solution

hey , just reading your post wit a feeling of de-javu there! you sound like me 4 years ago! I hated doing waxing because i wasnt comfortable with technique etc. Anyways to cut a long story short i was forced or strongly persuaded should i say, to do intimate waxing in college as part of our advanced waxing unit and contempary aesthetics unit. Can now say my outlook has totally changed and waxing especially intimate, is probably one of my strongest treatments. I have loads of regular returning clients who book every 3-4 weeks in advance to ensure they are booked with me, loads of public client testimonials and a big client following for waxing within the salon where i am working. I can safely say its a treatment well worth getting trained in and mastering the technique as its getting more popular and i would say its a beauty treatment clients are seeing as an essential treatment they can't do without! in other words its your basic bread and butter treatment that will guareantee regular returning clients if you are basically good and competent enough to do it! We have now tailor made or waxing packages to include Brazilian and Hollywood and they are really popular! I'd definitely give it some thought if i were you! traing usually includes a demonstration, some theory, practicing on each other, then an assesment on a model you bring and any 1-1 with the trainer you need. :D:hug:

Hi.

You don't HAVE to learn it, no. But as others have said, it will limit your employment opportunities. As a salon owner, it would be a big strike against their name if an applicant could not or would not do intimate waxing. We do so much of it at my salon, it is such a popular treatment.

I was the same as you at college, I am the world's biggest prude and I didn't want to ever learn it - "gross how disgusting" I used to think. But the more you do, the more confident you get and it's just another body part to remove hair from now. (I still would never let anyone wax me though, I do my own, LOL!)

Last edited:
I am seeking some advice😳I have been told I HAVE to have waxing at college and that their is no reason good enough not to have this. I suffer from skin conditions and pain affects me worse than the average person. Waxing is something I have steered well clear of my entire life and I’m now 34 and returned to college and in danger of losing my space on the course because of the chaos this has caused. I have been in disagreements with the lecturers and now the head of year all saying I have no reason strong enough not to have full waxing completed on my body. I am in turmoil. I get dreadful cysts under my arms which rupture and bleed and I am highly concerned that anywhere else that I receive a wax against my will will have the similar outcome as my skin is not good at the moment. I have no issues bringing a model and none performing any of it the issue is receiving it all on myself. What rights do I have as people say don’t do what your not comfortable but I’m actually being pushed into this at the risk of losing my place on my course and I know I will suffer repercussions for it. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.I’ve been in a meeting with the head who turned round and saidninws defensive and aggressive which couldn’t be further from who I am as a person no one has ever told me that- I’m a bit exhausted with saying no to this and no one listening. Thanks everyone xx

I am seeking some advice😳I have been told I HAVE to have waxing at college and that their is no reason good enough not to have this. I suffer from skin conditions and pain affects me worse than the average person. Waxing is something I have steered well clear of my entire life and I’m now 34 and returned to college and in danger of losing my space on the course because of the chaos this has caused. I have been in disagreements with the lecturers and now the head of year all saying I have no reason strong enough not to have full waxing completed on my body. I am in turmoil. I get dreadful cysts under my arms which rupture and bleed and I am highly concerned that anywhere else that I receive a wax against my will will have the similar outcome as my skin is not good at the moment. I have no issues bringing a model and none performing any of it the issue is receiving it all on myself. What rights do I have as people say don’t do what your not comfortable but I’m actually being pushed into this at the risk of losing my place on my course and I know I will suffer repercussions for it. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.I’ve been in a meeting with the head who turned round and saidninws defensive and aggressive which couldn’t be further from who I am as a person no one has ever told me that- I’m a bit exhausted with saying no to this and no one listening. Thanks everyone xx

Hi 123jos,
Welcome to the forum.

You seem like you are describing hidradenitis suprativa, which is a horrible skin condition. Poor thing !! You need a diagnosis from a dermatologist as soon as possible so you are not forced to get waxed yourself.
If that is the case then skin disorders or diseases are an absolute no no for waxing end of !!! I was fuming at reading your post and can't believe how awful the staff have been to you.
Get your diagnosis as soon as you can and then you can move on from this. Don't let them beat you down , shame on them really. If you were my daughter I'd be there beating the doors down to protect you but that's me .... a mummy tiger!

🐅

Hi 123jos,
Welcome to the forum.

You seem like you are describing hidradenitis suprativa, which is a horrible skin condition. Poor thing !! You need a diagnosis from a dermatologist as soon as possible so you are not forced to get waxed yourself.
If that is the case then skin disorders or diseases are an absolute no no for waxing end of !!! I was fuming at reading your post and can't believe how awful the staff have been to you.
Get your diagnosis as soon as you can and then you can move on from this. Don't let them beat you down , shame on them really. If you were my daughter I'd be there beating the doors down to protect you but that's me .... a mummy tiger!

🐅
Thank you so much for this response. I can’t tell you how grateful I am just to feel heard and listened too on this matter. I will follow all of your advice and get a diagnosis so I can like you say move on from this. You have really brought some sanity to the situation which feels like it’s spun out of control.Thanks for your input once again, josie

Latest posts

Back