Do I need to do a Dashing Diva course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
Hi guys, would be grateful if any of you could advise me whether i need to do the dashing diva course, it isn't until end of November and I don't want to wait that long. Would I be able to learn it myself, are there any videos?. I can't get hold of the initial kit, it is sold out at SS, so can only order the individual items, with no instructions, I don't think. Grateful for any advise, I hate french manicures, too much of a perfectionist, so hoping this could be the end to all that. Any advice on different ways to use it or anything would be fantastic. Thank you!! x:rolleyes:

Hi,

No if you can apply a tip you can apply DD, its only a matter of sizing them and gluing them on.

HTH

Last edited:
Thanks for that, could still do with a bit more advice on how to use it with shellac or a clear gel if anyone can advise! Thanks.

i have a dashing diva cd i got with my kit if you private message me your address i can send it too you if you like.

xx

That would be great, I just don't know how to do a private message. Leave it with me, i will try and find out how to send you it!. Thanks Lisa

If you join the shellac group there are lots of helpful discussions. Click in groups on the top next to forums and then click on shellac. Hth's :D

Thanks guys, the only thing thats confusing me is I thought you applied the DD to the clean natural nail, where on the video she applies a coat of gel first, is this the best way, or should I stick to putting it on the natural nail, it will be arriving tomorrow.:confused:

Thanks guys, the only thing thats confusing me is I thought you applied the DD to the clean natural nail, where on the video she applies a coat of gel first, is this the best way, or should I stick to putting it on the natural nail, it will be arriving tomorrow.:confused:

On the video she is using it with actual gel. If you use it with shellac or the gelife base and topcoat then you can apply it straight to natural nail. Just remember to take the shine off it gently before going over with shellac base,colour and top coat, or gellife in the same process. The shellac group has got lots of people who apply it in different order but that's how I do it, without problem :)

Hi Lisa

I brought the virtual french manicure kit from dashing diva at olympia this year. Ive not been doing nails long and it looked so easy. I got it home and even my 4 year old could do it. Its literally prepping and buffing the natural nail, apply glue to the tip and stick on, pull the plastic down and the plastic tip should be left on the nail, buff over tip lightly, remove dust, apply base coat and leave to dry, then apply 2 coats of top coat and your all done. They are so easy to apply and look gorgeous!

I also use the coats and no tips on my natural nail when im going to paint them as it hides all the ridges in your nails!

My only issue with Dashing Diva at the moment is getting hold of the products. As you most probably know its mainly a US product and its a struggle to get it over here in the UK. Not practical to have to wait until September to get it at exhibitions although it is cheaper!

Hope this has helped xx

Thank you, you have really helped me with that advice, my starter kit comes today, so will give it a go tonight. Lisa x

Hi Lisa

I brought the virtual french manicure kit from dashing diva at olympia this year. Ive not been doing nails long and it looked so easy. I got it home and even my 4 year old could do it. Its literally prepping and buffing the natural nail, apply glue to the tip and stick on, pull the plastic down and the plastic tip should be left on the nail, buff over tip lightly, remove dust, apply base coat and leave to dry, then apply 2 coats of top coat and your all done. They are so easy to apply and look gorgeous!

I also use the coats and no tips on my natural nail when im going to paint them as it hides all the ridges in your nails!

My only issue with Dashing Diva at the moment is getting hold of the products. As you most probably know its mainly a US product and its a struggle to get it over here in the UK. Not practical to have to wait until September to get it at exhibitions although it is cheaper!

Hope this has helped xx

You can get them from CND, S2

Defo do not need a course or training to use DD.

I've had my kit for 4 weeks and thought I would give it try for the first time tonight while I was sat watching the tv :)

Wow what can I say, I'm loving it!! So easy to apply, wish I'd tried it sooner and got clients on the ball with it. Its sooooo good!!

I prep nails, apply tips, remove tip shell, base coat, 2 x top coat and hey presto dashing diva welcome to my life!!

Xx

Defo do not need a course or training to use DD.

I've had my kit for 4 weeks and thought I would give it try for the first time tonight while I was sat watching the tv :)

Wow what can I say, I'm loving it!! So easy to apply, wish I'd tried it sooner and got clients on the ball with it. Its sooooo good!!

I prep nails, apply tips, remove tip shell, base coat, 2 x top coat and hey presto dashing diva welcome to my life!!

Xx

natalie-I prep nails said:
I love them too but I do gently buff the surface of D/D before applying gel

Would someone be able to pm me with the cost of the starter kit please. My local distributor is the Fingertips training centre in Edinburgh but just wanted an idea of cost before I call them.

The starter kit is available from sweet squared, it is in stock and very reasonable. I have got it and tried it, its great. Thanks for everyones advice. Lisa x

Latest posts

Back