Do I need training to offer Bio gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleyp

Reaction score
Hi
I am having a headache deciding on what to do next.
I currenly do Brisa Gel & Cuccio, but am being asked if I do Bio by a lot of people.

Do I have to do the training in Bio or can I purchase the products without?
I would love to do the Bio course but it is very expensive.

I would appreciate any advice given.
Thank you :lol:

yep you will need to go and do a course to be able to buy them:green: give them a call and they will be able to give you more information

Thank you, I will give them a call.

Why not try Gelish or Shellac, no need to do Bio training then, i know it is expensive that is what stopped me using it x

Thats an Idea. I will look at Sweet Squared website.

Shame Bio is so expensive.

Thats an Idea. I will look at Sweet Squared website.

Shame Bio is so expensive.

It's expensive because it is so good.

You can't put a price on quality:)

Are you being asked by phone about Biogel?

Every now and then I get 2 calls a day for 2 days asking if I do Biogel, then oddly enough on the 3rd day Biogel ring me and ask me if I want to see their product.

This happens about 3 times a year exactly the same way......

Biogel also advertise in domestic magazines claiming "no damage like other gels or acrylics" ..which is a blatant lie.

Maybe clever marketing to the gullible, but it wastes my time.

As you are already a qualified nail tech, I am sure you would only need to do Bio's conversion course (which does include a bundle of their gels, files, buffers and essentials etc) and am sure you have the option of having their UV lamp excluded if you already have suitable equi lamps of your own, so it doens't work out as expensive as first clance perhaps.

Surely, by keeping their product only available to proven qualified technicians, who have trained with Bio specifically (as there are so many gels for so many differencent circumstances) only ensures the Brand's reputation long-term?

I wouldn't write Bio off just yet, they do market the Brand hugely & they do have the most beautiful colour range...

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Vicki
x :hug:

A lot of clients want Bio as it is perceived to be the "Rolls Royce" of gels wether it is or it isn't is completeley irrelevant as perception is everything - just like M&S underwear and food its not always the best but everbody thinks it is and thats all that matters.

Thanks for your help! I think I will stick with Brisa for the time being but not rule out Bio in the future.

There's one funny thing I tried to buy BioGel products. They don't have stores or something similar, they just have a person to sell their products in your area. I'm not talking about their products are cheap or expensive. But the thing is they don't let you try out their product before buying it. What they want is you have to buy it or take a course.
After several phone calls I fed up with them. And they tried to contact me couple more times but couldn't get to me. Then one day there's a woman came into my salon and ask for BioGel product. When I showed her the product I'm using she said the other kind is better and she tried to introduce the product to me which is weird because normal customer can't have that knowledge of any product.
I think that's their way to advertise.
I admit that some of my friends gave good feedback on this product but you can't make sure that after you try it. And it's not that cheap to just buy it then try then if you don't like it and throw it.
That's my experience and my point about their service not their products

Latest posts

Back