do u mobile girls have a nail table to take...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and most of clients are elderly and disabled

in this case then i guess they may find it difficult to get onto a couch...??? so maybe there own bed or settee that they are used to getting on and off would be easier for them. x

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
If any of my clients were elderly, I would help them up using a step stool, then continue doing my treatment as usual on my couch. I never once had any complaints about this.
I guess we all work to different personal standards, but I'm proud to say that mine are very high. I will always take my (chlorisprayed) portable couch and nail table, no matter how heavy they are, or how tired I am. I will always have a good supply of clean fresh towels, couch roll etc, and I will always have disinfectant solution with me for my tools.
It's pointless thrashing this thing out much longer as it's obvious there is going to be no agreement on this issue, but I'm proud to say I'm doing what I can to promote a professional image for myself.

One final thing, the following are taken from the HABIA Code of Practice for Nail technicians:

Part 11. Mobile technicians.
Mobile technicians are an important part of the nail industry but should not compromise their standards because they are not salon based. The Nails Code of Practice should still apply.

Part 4.1. Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilisation.
..........For the purpose of nail treatments all disinfectable surfaces (e.g. metal re-usable implements, re-usable abrasives and work surfaces must be disinfected after thorough cleaning between services............

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a plastic sheet over an ironing board doesn't seem to me what they're talking about.
Pretty much the same things are said in the Waxing Code of Practice and the beauty Therapy Guide to Hygiene Booklet.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's pointless thrashing this thing out much longer as it's obvious there is going to be no agreement on this issue, .

:confused: thought we had done with this !!!

:confused: thought we had done with this !!!

Ditto it's getting boring and is starting to be quite forcefull rather than a friendly debate IMO which is not what any of us want i'm sure.

Apologies to anyone who thinks I've been to forceful.:hug:
It's never my intention to offend, but I will stick up for what I feel strongly about.
I'm must going a bit stir crazy being cooped up with a contagious 5yr old for nearly two weeks. I think I should give up Beauty & Nails and go and invade a small country and be it's dictator instead.:lol:

Latest posts

Back