do u mobile girls have a nail table to take...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the clients ironing board. Its the perfect width and is hight adjustable. Just make sure you put a cloth or sheet over it, incase of any product spiladge. It saves you a hell of alot of space and less heaving equipment in and out of the car.

I got my mobile table from Sallys it was about £35 (on offer). I agree it is one more thing to carry but it is the right height for me and you don't have to worry about the surface if you were to spill anything.:)

i too have a portable table form sally's, it was £39.99 + vat on special offer

pop into your local sally's and asked for the quick ship brochure

i also have a trolley to transport it around £8.99 aldo from sally's

I have used a ironing board in the past but just starting off nail tables can be expensive. As long as you protect the board you should be ok. Great link btw. I have now got some choices for affordable mobile tables. I also found this one with a seat :: Therapy2000.com :: Products ::

Im looking for a portable table too and i like the idea of one with a seat but how is this one practical for transporting in and out of the car and clients house????
Liking the one on E-bay the best so far !! xx

hello all xx

Do all you mobile techs have your own nail table that you take with you ?

Im getting a bit fed up of sitting in odd postions for hours and been stiff the next day. Thing is I feel I already look like im going to move in with the amout of stuff I take.

thanks x
My friend donated a BBQ table to me. It folds up nice and flat so it doesn't take up any room in the car, yet big enough to put my case on so I can work from it instead of unloading everything. It's great. Just the right hight.

Basically if you get the hight right, you're winning!

definately get a table to take however good /professional it looks or doesnt look,
my first ever mobile client assured me she had a table that was perfect, i got there and it was a low wide coffee table and we both sat opposite each other whlist kneeling on the floor!!
not good!!
when i got up to go i couldnt get up and go!! never again, no never again!!

i too have done sets on a coffee table ..one after the other ..abserloute nightmare :irked:
my legs had gone numb i had pins and needles in my feet ,i was constantly fidgeting and trying to get comfy,it was horrible..

also even some peoples dining tables arnt suitable as I'm only a little short @rse ..some were too high and i used to get a really sore neck,
i did try to get everyone here ,which worked well ,at first so i thought , but then,it wasn't that good when i had to do sets when the kids were home..or the dog was running round or neighbours popping in and out :irked:

definitely get yourself a suitable table hun..and make absolutely sure the height and width are just right for you and any fold up chairs you might buy xx

thanks for all your replays im going to have a good look around

i have read on here that some people have used ironing boards, not done this myself so don't know how effective that this is. it may be ok on a temp basis. i got one from home base it is a small one but it is perfect for what i want.
hope you find one that suits your needs.

Yip Ironing boards are great one of my tutors Margo suggested it, everyone has one, they adjust to ant height, plenty work space perfect! Clients sometimes look at me funny when I say have you got an irnoning board then the penny drops lol plus I've got a wee pug and to get a table in would be a hassel even if it was a small one.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to be brutally honest here. Do some of you really expect to be taken seriously if you use the clients ironing board to work on.:grr:
It just screams unprofessional. For the price of getting a foldaway nail table (Sallys have them on offer 2 or 3 time a year), you are degrading your own work and the reputation of others.
Come on girls, if you want to be taken seriously, act seriously.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to be brutally honest here. Do some of you really expect to be taken seriously if you use the clients ironing board to work on.:grr:
It just screams unprofessional. For the price of getting a foldaway nail table (Sallys have them on offer 2 or 3 time a year), you are degrading your own work and the reputation of others.
Mmmmmm......you do have a point there! I guess I get away with my BBQ table because it doesn't look like a BBQ table. Infact I've seen portable Manicure tables look very similar. ...........yep, your right I think an ironing board isn't the ideal thing to be using at a clients house unless you are planning to do their ironing as well!:lol:

I actually wrote a large reply a couple of pages back saying exactly this.

If I were a client and someone asked me if they could use my ironing board I would ask them if they were having a laugh.Seriously.

I cannot think of anything more unprofessional than using someones ironing board to do their nails,what next body massage on kitchen table!!!!!

Ill add my penny`s worth too as this bugs me!!
To me it would be the difference between employing a decorater to revamp your room and then him asking you if he can use your ladder, brushes, dust sheets etc etc there is a place for everything but we are offering a professional service and i would be gutted if i was asked to get my ironing board out to use as a nail desk..........this is why people think mobile should automatically mean cheaper when i dont think this should be the case, being fully trained, insured and offering some of the best products and services available. I also dont think it helps our reputation for wanting to be taken seriously in an already difficult `to prove yourself` market!!
Anyway thats my view and im sure not all will agree, but if you are going to do something then for goodness sake do it properly!!!
I`m hiding under the computer desk now!!! xx

I've spent nearly a week online serching for one, and a reasonable price. I settled on this one:Beauty Salon Equipment and Furniture
I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

That's very much like the one I've got. They're not too expensive, but they make such a difference to the way you look as a professional.:green:

Ill add my penny`s worth too as this bugs me!!
To me it would be the difference between employing a decorater to revamp your room and then him asking you if he can use your ladder, brushes, dust sheets etc etc there is a place for everything but we are offering a professional service and i would be gutted if i was asked to get my ironing board out to use as a nail desk..........this is why people think mobile should automatically mean cheaper when i dont think this should be the case, being fully trained, insured and offering some of the best products and services available. I also dont think it helps our reputation for wanting to be taken seriously in an already difficult `to prove yourself` market!!
Anyway thats my view and im sure not all will agree, but if you are going to do something then for goodness sake do it properly!!!
I`m hiding under the computer desk now!!! xx

I completley agree.

Most of my new mobile clients were shocked that I bought a couch, nail station, etc with me they thought as i was mobile id be bringing a mish mash of products, battered ironing board & washing up bowl (for pedicure). A few even commented that i was wearing a uniform they'd expected me to arrive in jeans & t-shirt.

No wonder people find it difficult to get clients when mobile, clients can't work out why prices are same as salon when they expect us to turn up & use their household eqipment.

If people can't afford the proper kit then imo they shouldn't be doing mobile until they can. I couldn't really afford my nail station when i started out so it had to go on credit card but it was paid off within two weeks.

It doesn't just give one tech a bad name it gives us all one !!

Sorry Odette,

But my tutor recommended and it serves the purpose, I don't think it unprofessional at all, plus If I have a client who stays 4 flights up or higher I'd have to lug the table and my heavy bag... I just think it simplifies things.
All my clients so far have rebooked so don't think they mind.

I use the clients ironing board. Its the perfect width and is hight adjustable. Just make sure you put a cloth or sheet over it, incase of any product spiladge. It saves you a hell of alot of space and less heaving equipment in and out of the car.

I'm with you Jen

Sorry Odette,

But my tutor recommended and it serves the purpose, I don't think it unprofessional at all, plus If I have a client who stays 4 flights up or higher I'd have to lug the table and my heavy bag... I just think it simplifies things.
All my clients so far have rebooked so don't think they mind.

I'm with you Jen

I totally disagree.It is unprofessional to use an ironing board,if it weren't then why dont they sell ironing boards as manicure desks?????

Ironing boards are meant for ironing,not doing manicures or nail enhancements.

An ironing board is actually a lot bigger(longer)than my desk, and a whole lot more awkward to lug around.

I'm sorry but if you want to be taken seriously then use professional equipment.

I'm not saying it's not ok to use on family and friends,that's fine but not on paying clients,for goodness sake.

As I said before if I were to have a nail tech come to my house to do my nails and ask for my ironing board I would think I had called a cleaning lady come ironer,not a professional nail tech, and She would be shown the door pretty promtly .

Latest posts

Back