Do you know when your tan is past it's use by date?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
Would it look green? I have some bottles and I can't remember when I opened them.

This was before I thought to mark them. X

Yep, if it's green it's no good! :sad:

hi lolly can you remember roughly how long ago it was? if not chuck them to be on the safe side x

Im also interested to know what the shelf life is. And how you can tell its off? x

I can't remember at all. If they are off would they not be green? Or if they are a little bit off could this affect the tan?

Where's baggybear when you need her lol. X

If you kept it in the fridge or cool dark place it should be fine for at least 6months if opened and I think 12 months if not opened. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Check if it goes green- I mean really green on the kitchen roll or similar. If only goes green a bit on the outer edge than that's fine- normal

If in doubt call your spray tan solution provider cxx

Tan solution shelf life is 6 months once opened and 12 months unopened.

If you can't remember when it was opened and you want to continue using it that is fine, the results will be fine, when the guide colour turns green you will not be able to mistake that it is green as it is really green lol.

If you want to see what it would look like when it's off then put a small amount of solution into a clear bottle/jar/pot and leave it in a warm room. After a while the guide will turn green and you will see just how green your solution goes when it's off :wink2:.

Hi this doesnt really apply to the specific question but would you recommend coco bay solution? I'm opening a shop in Apr and the girl is trained in that but i don't know its reputation and don't want to open with it if its not very popular!? Thanks

if its gone off will it actually make you go green? i kept my old one so i could spray myself when i go out... is that not a good idea?

When you spray gone off tan solution on you it will be green (so instead of a brownish guide colour you will have a green one, and you will stay green until you wash it off) it will still develop into a tan after washing off but as the DHA is breaking down you will not get as dark a tan as normal, the more gone off it is the lighter the tan will be because the DHA will have broken down more and more the longer it sits there.

When you spray gone off tan solution on you it will be green (so instead of a brownish guide colour you will have a green one, and you will stay green until you wash it off) it will still develop into a tan after washing off but as the DHA is breaking down you will not get as dark a tan as normal, the more gone off it is the lighter the tan will be because the DHA will have broken down more and more the longer it sits there.

hmmm interesting... thanks baggybear! :D

Very interesting! Thanks for this advice, I had some tan left when I went on maternity leave when I came to open it 5 months later.......green as grass! Ordered new tan for my clients but couldn't bring myself to throw it away as it was like throwing away money!

I shall contemplate using this on myself (obviously when I'm all alone if I'm gonna look like grottbags) brilliant!

Thank you so muh baggy bear. It is LA tan I'm using and it is not green in the bottle so I'm guessing it's still ok to use.
X

Thank you so much baggy. This has cleared alot up for me.

I will rep you when I'm back on the computer. Your a star.

Thank you so much baggy. This has cleared alot up for me.

I will rep you when I'm back on the computer. Your a star.
Glad to be of help :D

Wow, interesting! How do you know these things? I want your brain :D

Iv found with unopened tanning bottles, after thier shelf life, look fine. But when applied to the body it doesn't take, and the skin is only 1 shade darker. (this I found with fake bake)
Unfortunatly I found out the hard way!

Latest posts

Back