Do you need to use a brand compressor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
Hi there

I am going to be offering spray tan in my salon shortly and was just wondering if you have to use the compressor that matches your solution? I have an Iwata studio series compressor for airbrush nails so I didn't really want to spend more money on a tanning compressor for my Fake Bake. Can anyone advise me if you can do this?

Thank-you

Natalie

xxx

I think it will depend on your compressor. Some nail art compressors dont have the oomph for tanning as the airbrush nozzle for tanning is bigger (I think!)

Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at some of the other threads on here and I can see that HVLP machines are really popular. I have also been shopping around and they are much cheaper than compressors so I think I may go with one of those.

x

You can buy HVLP guns for air compressors so it depends how powerful a machine you already have, if its a small one then you wouldn't be able to do that and would need a bigger machine. Although the bubble machines give a good tan they can be quite noisy so if you are in a salon and a facial is going on in the next room they may hear it but with the air compressor the noise is no where near as loud. Just something else to think about LOL.
HTH

Latest posts

Back