Do you read over your old ancient posts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min11

Reaction score
I just searched out my old posts :lol: I dont know why I go so quiet cos I certainly didn't seem to have a problem shooting my trap off in my early days :lol: I even found a thread started by some one wondering where I was! I never saw that before!! :eek: It was fascinating seeing names that have long gone, trying to work out who 'Nailstyle' was in quotes in posts (I fathomed it out eventually) and shooting my mouth off at people who had I read profiles I would have realised have soooo much experience I made myself look a bit of a twerp.

Making mental note to come back and read them all again in another 2 and a half years!

I do...I think its funny and good to re-read them...it shows me how I have come on since i joined and it also reminds me to have a little a patients with newbies cos i was just the same...:lol:

I just answered a poll & realised I answered it in March ..... I was training back then

Lol @ me posting about flat nails ...Might just have to read some more of my old ones .

LOL!

my first postings were shootin my mouth off about piercings lol.
Slight wrong foot to get off on, but hey, im still here 3 (or however many) years later!!

No, I never read them. I am afraid I will find out that I am as mad as I think I am:green:

No, I never read them. I am afraid I will find out that I am as mad as I think I am:green:

You wouldn't be finding out anything we dont know already :lol:

*runs and hides*

Sure. Every once in awhile I have to look at my first post. Though it is a little older than the date posted as it was imported from before there was a forum and the site was a samuelsweet.com designed as a place where I could post my meandering.

You wouldn't be finding out anything we dont know already :lol:

*runs and hides*
You can't hide from me:green:

Sure. Every once in awhile I have to look at my first post. Though it is a little older than the date posted as it was imported from before there was a forum and the site was a samuelsweet.com designed as a place where I could post my meandering.

This is almost before I was born :) but I think we both need to get out more:lol:

PMSL...Fanny :lol::lol::lol: that brought such a smile to my face...although i couldnt help but feel you looked a little lonely posting all by yourself...and now look...there are loads of us.

Yes. It was quite a lonely party for a minute or two :)

What is funny is to browse the member list and sort it by Join Date to see who the pioneers were (and who is still with us).

I remember when I started up the forums with Samantha and I sitting and staring at the 'Who is online' page watching people some in as unregistered, then running off :D
Eventually, they started to register and before you knew it, the Who is online section contains upward of 200 people at any one time.

Freaky stuff really :D

Yes. It was quite a lonely party for a minute or two :)

What is funny is to browse the member list and sort it by Join Date to see who the pioneers were (and who is still with us).

I remember when I started up the forums with Samantha and I sitting and staring at the 'Who is online' page watching people some in as unregistered, then running off :D
Eventually, they started to register and before you knew it, the Who is online section contains upward of 200 people at any one time.

Freaky stuff really :D
THink this was your first post:

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=75717#post791323

nope...that was 09/07/08...:lol:

And this is your first thread: http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=18254

All you have to do is view your profile, go to statistics, and click show posts or threads. Then browse to the last page.

Note that there appears to be some kind of bug when posting URLs from the site here. Ill check into it :D

this thread is awesome, i cant believe i am looking at you moderators asking q's just like we do now!! it makes me feel like one day i can be a great tech and help people just like you guys do and maybe a moderator myself (you never know eh). thanks for sharing that you were all like us once.

And this is your first thread: http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=18254

All you have to do is view your profile, go to statistics, and click show posts or threads. Then browse to the last page.

Note that there appears to be some kind of bug when posting URLs from the site here. Ill check into it :D

i did this before but it only showed the last 200 posts :(

I was looking back at my old threads only the other day (note to self: go out and get a life, lol!!) and I was a shy little thing in those days!!!!! I posted little threads and was ever so grateful if anyone replied :)......

Can't believe it was 4 years ago :eek:

I still feel like a clueless newbie sometimes when it comes to nails, then I think about some of my old posts:eek:

I should go back and read them. It's only been a year since I joined, but I wouldn't be where I am now without salon geek. It helps that people on her don't start banging there head against the nearest wall when I start raving on about nails:)

If you go to the last page on your posts it shows the first post iykwim :lol:

If you go to the last page on your posts it shows the first post iykwim :lol:

i tried that but it only gave the last 8 pages...and the date of that post was way after i joined so i think it only shows your last 000 posts and not ALL of them.

Latest posts

Back