Do you still send Christmas cards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Do you still send christmas cards? Who do you send them to? I send cards to pretty much everybody I know. I've noticed though that this year loads of people haven't sent us a card. It costs me a small fortune to post them out and even people in the village haven't sent cards back this year. Was it something I said? My hubs says it's about giving not receiving (!) and that's the christmas spirit (blah blah) but I feel slightly offended. I know it's stupid of me to feel this way but I can't help it. I'm thinking that next year I'll just give the money to charity instead.

Your thoughts???? :)

My husband is in the greetings card industry. People still buy LOADS of Christmas cards I can assure you. I send quite a few each year.

My husband is in the greetings card industry. People still buy LOADS of Christmas cards I can assure you. I send quite a few each year.

Does it bother you if people don't send one back? It does me and I know that's ridiculous but it does!

I'm not a card person anymore, close family & all my clients get one from z box on from 1st December onwards with a voucher for the new year. Most cards got recycled in previous years but. So many now have glitter, foil and bows n bits stuck to them our council said no to putting them in recycling bin :/

I sent out over 300 to clients with a voucher for the new year inside. I also sent a load to family and friends who I won't be seeing, but I admit I don't bother sending to people I will see over the Christmas period, like local people in the village where I live. I think I'm all Christmas carded out I'm afraid. I have received one from a friend this year, and I know I didn't send him one and I am mortified, so the other way round from you, but I admit I do get a little upset!

Vicki x

Only if forced. I'd rather donate to charity. The charity cards actually give very little to the charity.

I out a post out on fb that I donated to a local children's charity this year instead f sending cards. They are so expensive to buy, and I'd rather that money be put to good use instead of sitting in someone's bin next week!

Personally I think sending Christmas cards is on the decline, I kind of can understand sending to people who you don't see but I can't see the point in saying " happy Christmas " to someone and then handing them a card ! I'm going to sound bad but I also think they look messy in the house lol !

Personally I think sending Christmas cards is on the decline, I kind of can understand sending to people who you don't see but I can't see the point in saying " happy Christmas " to someone and then handing them a card ! I'm going to sound bad but I also think they look messy in the house lol !

People have definitely decided against it this year! No1 at work have any and my mum said a lot of people who normally do at her work haven't this year! I love getting Christmas cards so it disappoint me :(

And I have to disagree, the house doesn't look Christmassy without lots of cards around!!

On a personal level we didn't send cards out this year. Instead we gift aided to cancer research, in particular prostate cancer as this is affecting my family at the moment.

I do feel that cards are dying out, we've certainly seen a decline the last couple of years. I've sent e-cards before, not the same thing I know but a beautiful way of sending Xmas greetings.

Debbie

A so called friend criticised that I donated £25 to the RSPCA this year on facebook instead of sending cards.

She thought I shortchanged the charity as she allegedly spent £25 on postage costs alone, however she doesn't donate to any charity, must admit I was furious with her the cheek of it , and I didn't get a card from her despite all the cost she said she had gone to :(

I didn't do cards this year, I was so busy with work and decided to throw a birthday party for my daughter just before Christmas that I just literally didn't have time to do any. However I had them sitting here!

I might write them in June this year, so that I'm prepared!

I usually buy charity christmas cards but didn't think about how much the charity actually gets from them. Next year I'm definitely just giving money directly to charity and sending out a Christmas message by email and Facebook. I'll probably still send a card to our parents and elderly relatives though. :)

It's nice to send and receive cards, but I did wonder if it's dying out. I will always send cards to family and friends who are not on facebook, and they will always send me one too. I just asked my 22 and 15 year olds if they send cards, and they said no they don't, they might e.mail but that's it !!

I don't have a problem with the cards, but I have an issue with giving Royal Mail an arm and a leg!! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always send cards although it has been abit of a effort this year. I just think it shows you care and think of them. Also I always try to write messages in them not just a generic answer. My nan always appreciates it so much. I do a card drop before Christmas so don't send any apart from one or two by mail. I must say this year I've had less cards due to people not doing them anymore.

I love to send cards. I noticed some people who we normally get one from didn't send this year. I hope they don't die out, that would be very sad.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I do send cards, but agree it seems to be on the decline.

"Aww thanks, Ive not bothered with cards this year"

" I cant be arsed writing any"

" Im useless with cards "

It does annoy me when they don't bother, Ive spent my time picking my cards, writing them, delivering it... Generally making the effort for them to receive a nice card! Its only once a year!

I might do a naughty list & not send to them next year.

Xx

I stopped doing all cards a few years back (Christmas & birthdays - unless it's under 14 - they get a teenager card at 13 then that's it).

I don't care if I get a card from anyone or not, but I do think it daft that if you send me one you'll get upset that I didn't send you one back.

I have MUCH better things to spend my money on that cards - my 4 kids to buy for never mind the extended family.

The schools actually requested that the kids NOT send cards & if they had to do cards please make it one card to the teacher & whole class.

My husbands card sales this year were up on his website. And that is without the Daily Mail doing their usual rant about them.

I've just bought about 200 in the Paperchase sale to send next year (his aren't really appropriate for clients). I hate writing them, but love sending them. Plan to write them through the year this time and send them all 2nd Class this time. Also have a bunch for every client who visits in December with new year voucher.

Mat

Latest posts

Back