Do you think that web sites generate business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I am in the process of finishing off my web site, and wondering do web sites generate business?

I am hoping it will be a positive outcome rather than a negative from the web site.

Yes yes yes mine has paid for itself many times over.

However I must admit I had a SUPERSTAR WEB DESIGNER:hug:

Yes they do and it makes life so much easier too. Make sure it shows your personality.

Martigirl........what's you website address? xxx

I use a company that supplies a template and you fill in the details. It doesn't cost much and I've had loads of business from it.

its lovely, very professional

It's a lovely site. ...........you must be thrilled.

I had to build my own sites so they're not all singing all dancing but maybe once I learn FLASH I can do some tricks. xxx

I think both of them are great I could never have done that on my own:hug:

Hi, since having my website and listing myself on the free listings directories like yell.com etc I have had a steady flow of new clients. It is my best form of advertising. I also took up an ad in yellow pages book with my website listed as well as the normal address and tel no. and it has been a fantastic sucess all because they can see the website .

I think both of them are great I could never have done that on my own:hug:
Thanks so much. It's amazing what you can do when you have to eh ! xxx

I have just a few items to finish before going live. The site looks fantastic, employed a web designer to do mine, as didnt know where to start.

We will see what happens, when I go live.

I think that if you have a website that is search engine friendly, easy to navigate, loads quickly and looks professional then yes, a website can and DOES generate a lot of business. We even get tourists booking ahead from UK as a result of ours!

BTW Kimmi I think Seanny says not to have Flash stuff as the search engines don't like it!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think so yes...
I have worked hard trying to keep my website informative and want I as a client would like to see,,,

I dont think it has been "stumbled upon" much...But if i ever get a call or a text from a potential client, I give them my web address and tell them to have a good look..
They can see from this, I am honest..helpful and they have my whole price list and pictures of my work (apart from most recent ones which i cant for the life of me get on there)

I had one enquiry about nails last week...gave her my web addy...she came along tonight and brought 2 other people with her...they had seen my work and loved what I had done...it gave them confidence to come to me from another town despite not having a clue where I lived etc...etc....
I am quite proud......:green:

Its definatly boosted me to get my website done and dusted in the new year !

They probably do . . . . but I haven't got one and have no plans to get one atm. I think if you are a salon it might be different but personally speaking I'm working almost to capacity and find that word of mouth recommendations are my main new business anyway.

A web site can such an advantage,i always promote mine,and like yourself Angela,having somebody to do it for you is such a help....my husband is mine....LOL:lol:

Although he is no web designer,he has done such a great job,although i do nag him for updates,which need doing constantly....i must remind him again:lol:

I dont know about a website actually 'generating' business for you. A website is just another form of advertising and its success or otherwise is dependant on several factors.

1, Is the site built properly? Does it look well, is it easy to navigate around?

2, Does it look professional? Does it look reasonably original or does it look like 50 other sites out there that are all using the same template?

3, Does it reflect well on you as a nail technician, beauty technician, etc? Do you have proper photos on there of your work or are you using fuzzy blurred photos?

4, is it being found in the search results?

5, Is there enough custom for your services in your locality? Are there 20 beauticians offering their services where there is only a need for 3 or 4? If so, your website (and you) are going to have to be so much better than the others.

A website can be a terrific tool for any small business, but only when some work and effort has been put into it. I hate to see people start off a new website, add two pages and some floating butterflies and then leave it at that. That is not going to impress anyone as to your professionalism, if you're going to do it, spend some time (and money if necessary) and do it right. Remember, this is your online 24/7 shop front, show yourself off!!!

Absolutely. I would NOT recommend any business NOT having a website. I am one person who looks well into any substantial product or service & the Internet is the best place to start.

It used to be only "cybergeeks" who did this, but nowadays it's EVERYONE. If you don't have a website you're not doing yourself a favour. It's one thing if people can find your name (eg the Yellow Pages) but it gives you an extra advantage if people see "what you are about" eg, have a website with info, pictures etc.

This is one thing I am finding about Nail Salons - and probably one of the reasons I'm hanging around this site (the lovely people being another!). I'm learning things that I didn't know about, learning of the dangers & correct procedures that should be happening etc.

The lack of nail salons in my area (advertising at least!) is making me try different ones - I would prefer to stay at one salon but I don't have much choice at the moment. At least I'm armed with info & direction from all the wonderful info here at Salon Geek. Without it I think I would have given Acrylics the big miss. Thanks guys! :)

Latest posts

Back