Do you use primer with Cuccio soak off gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Cuccio soak off gel colours for a while with good results but just lately a few people have had chipping of the colours. I'm beginning to wonder, if due to the recent hot weather, it may be that I need to use a primer with this system for the summer months. Cuccio don't have a primer that goes with their products but I know they do reccommend using one so I wondered if you geeks use a primer with this system and if so which one? Also, has anyone else noticed any chipping in this heat lately??
Thanks for your help xxxx

Hi I use Cuccio soak off gel. I do use a primer and I find it helps them last for weeks. As they don't do their own I just got one from the wholesalers.
Do u slightly buff the nails when you do it? Or not?

Hi, Yes I buff the nails. I've also got the ManiQ Protein bond which I use with the ManiQ gels but I'm loathe to use this as it's a nightmare getting it to soak off. Which primer did you buy from the wholesalers if you don't mind me asking? And do you paint the entire natural nail or just the free edge?? How long do they last in the summer without chipping? (maybe I should do them a little bit thicker??)
Thanks xx

I use millennium acidness nail primer. I just put it on whole nail. I find it's usually about 3-4 weeks. One client has been on holiday, in and out of pool, on the beach, in the sun etc. And she still has hers on and I did them about 3 weeks ago. Only tiny bits have worn, but they have lasted better on her holiday than I expected.
How long do yours last? I have never compared you see so I don't know how mine last compared to others.

I have not had to buff or use a primer (acid or non-acid) in more than 17 years! It is 2011 people! Not the dark ages!

I have not had to buff or use a primer (acid or non-acid) in more than 17 years! It is 2011 people! Not the dark ages!
I know. I'm now seriously considering buying the shellac system. Gonna cost sooo much money though coz I like to use 2 lamps and have a varied selection of colours................:Scared: xx

I use millennium acidness nail primer. I just put it on whole nail. I find it's usually about 3-4 weeks. One client has been on holiday, in and out of pool, on the beach, in the sun etc. And she still has hers on and I did them about 3 weeks ago. Only tiny bits have worn, but they have lasted better on her holiday than I expected.
How long do yours last? I have never compared you see so I don't know how mine last compared to others.

Hi, on some people it usually lasts 3 weeks and on others 2 but just lately all this chipping is doing my head in! I lie in bed worrying about it! Maybe it's my bulbs then???.................

Oh Devilish can I please also ask, do you find they still soak off ok when you use primer? Also, as my confidence has been seriously knocked can I ask your application steps please.
1. Do use primer, (over entire nail)?
2 coat of Clear Cuccio gel?
3 2 thin coats of colour? (ontop of the tacky clear gel)
4. Topcoat of clear Cuccio gel?
5. Remove inhibition layer with isopropyl alcohol
6. Apply nail oil?
Is that what you do????
Thanks for your help hun
xxxx

Oh Devilish can I please also ask, do you find they still soak off ok when you use primer? Also, as my confidence has been seriously knocked can I ask your application steps please.
1. Do use primer, (over entire nail)?
2 coat of Clear Cuccio gel?
3 2 thin coats of colour? (ontop of the tacky clear gel)
4. Topcoat of clear Cuccio gel?
5. Remove inhibition layer with isopropyl alcohol
6. Apply nail oil?
Is that what you do????
Thanks for your help hun
xxxx

The only difference is I slightly buff first, not much at all. And your step two I use a base coat and I use the clear gel as my top coat. xx

The only difference is I slightly buff first, not much at all. And your step two I use a base coat and I use the clear gel as my top coat. xx

Thanks what basecoat gel do you use? Are the gels soaking off easily for you? How long? (sorry for all the q's I'm not usually this dense lol) xx

My base coat is Cuccio. I havent properly timed the soak off. But it's about 10mins I think. And don't worry I don't mind all the questions.

I was using the Cuccio Ecco soak-off Gel system and have switched to Shellac. Why? Shellac is by far a superior product and the colours are much nicer and people know it by name. CND has fantastic support and videos. Cuccion not so much. I understand the expense, it took me a while to save up and I am buying the last few colours next week with my saved up tip money. Also, I like the way Shellac applies. The other thing that I didn't like, my Cuccio SOG pots tipped over and leaked. I lost over half my product. :( Poorly designed containers.

Cuccio SOG Steps
Prep and clean the nails carefully
Apply thin coat of base gel - cure
Apply 2 coats of colour gel - cure each coat
Apply top coat - cure
Remove residue and polish nail with alcohol

Most lasted 10 days on fingers, longer on toes.
Removal in 10 minutes - never had a problem with removal

Thanks girlies. The Cuccio basecoat - OMG I never even knew they had 1!! The Cuccio lady told me to use the clear as a basecoat AND a topcoat! Do they have a seperate basecoat then???.xxx

I love my cuccio personally i think it's really nice to apply and i love the colours, for my budget it's perfect. A use the nail primer pen by The Edge.

I love my cuccio personally i think it's really nice to apply and i love the colours, for my budget it's perfect. A use the nail primer pen by The Edge.
Hi do you use a "basecoat" as opposed to the clear??? xx

No i just use a coat of clear as the base :) I wasn't aware either that their was an actual base coat. I'm going to my supplier tommorow so i will ask them about it.

All my clients seem very happy with Cuccio and it fits my budget at the moment as I have only just started doing it mobile. And most of my clients apart from a few don't know about shellac. even the ones who have had shellac are happy with their nails when I use Cuccio. Dont get me wrong I would love to have shellac I just can't afford it at the moment.
I got my basecoat in a French manicure Cuccio set. I don't know if it's any different to the clear gel but it says basecoat so I use it :)

The one that comes in the french kit is just the normal clear coat i have that kit too :)

I know what you mean it would be great to afford shellac but i'm just starting out too so money is a bit tight :(

Oh well I bought it with the kit then :) I thought it was the clear I bought not the base coat. My mistake. You could always try eBay for the base coat.

Thanks sweeties. Just looked on the cuccio website and no basecoat in sight - have emailed Cuccio asking is the clear definitely able to be used as base AND top and will let you know if I get a reply. Gonna try the cuccio with a primer tomorrow to see if that helps............... xx

Latest posts

Back