Do you work nights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how many of you (that work for yourself) work nights? If so how many nights a week?

I currently share my room with another therapist until September so I have no choice to work nights. I work Wednesday and Friday nights until 9pm. I was hoping come September I could cut out night shifts all together as I find them very hard to work. What do you all think? My other alternative is to work two night shifts a week and not work weekends (currently work Sundays) .

Depends on your clients. I'm mobile and sometimes I work 7 nights a week, sometimes one or two. Xx

I use to work just 2 tuesday and thursday till 9 but have just upped it to 3 Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday till 9 and these appointments go the quickest for me at the moment booking about 6-8 weeks in advance for them.

Kirsty

I'd like not too - however iv worked every night for the past two weeks.
Gotta take the work whilst its there, if I don't work I don't earn!

My late nights seem to be slowly creeping up too... In January I said to myself no more than two a week... I'm currently doing four! To be fair I had last weekend off for a friends birthday so I'm playing catch up at the moment, don't normally work Sundays but as its bank holiday I have to try & fit everyone in (although I'm only doing half a day) x

I do evenings and weekends mainly - I have my little one during the day so its normally 6.30pm child care switch over with hubby and I'm off out the door. Had a quiet lull lately though which has been bitter sweet! Although just got back in from a pamper party after a 6 hour journey back from Leeds today! (Should have been three hours but hubby refuses to listen to the sat nav! Men!)

x

Thanks everyone! i find working nights very hard (especially now that this amazing weather is here!) they are some of most busy times though so its hard. I have been thinking of being open three nights a week and not working the weekends. My reason behind this is i hardly get to see my fiance anymore because by the time he gets home, i'm gone to work and then i'm gone weekends to work :(

What do you offer? I would stick with the nights- hard I know, but everyone needs to get ready for the weekend... And take the weekend or just the sunday off.

I work mainly evenings and a Saturday booked in advance only. Xx

I offer 5 nights a week for appointments, mon-fri. However I am being asked to work daytime as well as evening time, so Im taking the work while its there :) I agree with what someone already said, it depends on the type of clients you have <3

I offer evenings it was just 2 to start with but it normally turns out to be 3+ (7.30-9.30)
I work daytimes also but never weekends due to family. Once the kids get older I will offer Saturdays

I offer evenings it was just 2 to start with but it normally turns out to be 3+ (7.30-9.30)
I work daytimes also but never weekends due to family. Once the kids get older I will offer Saturdays

Do you find clients (more so new clients) are ok with you not working weekends? ideally this is what i think i want to do so that i can get time home with the family.

Do you find clients (more so new clients) are ok with you not working weekends? ideally this is what i think i want to do so that i can get time home with the family.

Sorry I know it wasn't directed at me but thought I'd offer my opinion aswell hehe. I don't offer weekends, unless my clients either have weddings, or are going on holiday etc, I just explain to them that because I work every evening that's my time with my family, and they all just accept it. I would say, start as you mean to go on though, its easier to add a night or weekend day than to try and take it away. Xxxx

Sorry I know it wasn't directed at me but thought I'd offer my opinion aswell hehe. I don't offer weekends, unless my clients either have weddings, or are going on holiday etc, I just explain to them that because I work every evening that's my time with my family, and they all just accept it. I would say, start as you mean to go on though, its easier to add a night or weekend day than to try and take it away. Xxxx

Thank you for your response! :) I am thinking as of June 1st this year to offer one more night shift (so Monday, Wednesday and Fridays) and remove the Sunday shift i work now. I think this would be ideal for me to have the weekend to myself and work nights, even though i don't like it but hey! gotta take it while its here.

I normally do about 2 I work mobile and home based but I people ask me I do it mostly when they want. I just block out any time I want for myself.

I am mobile and work tues-fri 8am-9pm :zzz: but then a sat i only work 8am-12pm and I take a sunday and monday off (no matter WHO is desperate) I find working late every night easily allows me to take 1/2 day sat, sun and monday off :D:wink2:

I just do weds night and its booked up few weeks in advance. I do sometimes take another eve to accommodate my regulars if need be:)

I work from 10am

mon- weds til 8pm (try and have 1 as a day off)
Thursday til 9pm
Friday til 7pm
Saturday til 5.30pm

All my evening appointments are taken until 28th may and my Saturdays taken until 1st June

My advertised working hours are 10am-9pm mon-thurs and 10am-6pm on Fridays. I don't work weekends due to being in a long distance relationship and weekends are the only time I see him. I'm mobile so start at 10 so I avoid traffic and that also gives me time to nip to the wholesalers if I need to xx

I think ur all very lucky too even have nights n do t take that like I think u haven't earned ur way too be lucky because u obviously have or u wouldn't be busy but could I ask u all what form of advertising u do and what treatments pulls in the most business please iv just started out but don't do nail as of yet !!! But have a home salon and do mobile but really struggling with getting clients thanks in advance xx

Ladylou- i started advertising 18 months ago, online- free ad sites, twitter, facebook, a small leaflet drop, But I was doing friends and family who advertised for me, recommending people. I have since paid for 2 adverts, none of which brought me a great deal of custom. I spent around £130 and got one call!

Give your clients a couple of business cards, to give out.

My leaflet drop was the most successful out of my paid advertising.

But online advertising & a link to my website works best! Xx

Latest posts

Back