Do your clients request stiletto nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lulu83x

Reaction score
Ok so I was having a little practice as you do :) and I done a set of stiletto l&p extensions on myself.. and If I dont say so myself they're not bad! :) anyway my point is.. everyone who has seen them - friends/colleagues/family were all taken aback by them lol.. comments included... 'wow they are lethal looking!'.. or.. 'are they supposed to be that shape??' and my mother said I look like I have claws ;)
Do you have many requests for these? I think they look fab - nice to have something different... just slightly disheartened my peoples responses lol xx

they do look lush on long fingers :) i do know that russian women like them as i used to hang around with many of them :)

None of my clients have asked for them, ever. And they all know what they are as I wear them, I think the UK clients are quite reserved when it comes to nail shapes :D

None of my clients have asked for them, ever. And they all know what they are as I wear them, I think the UK clients are quite reserved when it comes to nail shapes :D

:lol: I'm starting to notice that. Back home, I've done all sorts of crazy sets. Stilettos, duck bills, enhancements that are 3-4 cm from the free edge, aquarium nails... just crazy stuff. I loved it! After moving to the UK, the only crazy sets I'm doing are the ones on my own fingers. It's always squared or oval now... :zzz:

I know what you mean!! Hoping to get my clients out of their comfort zone in the new year, loads want the funkier stuff but they're just too scared :D

Guess im the lucky one then.
I have clients who regularly get stilettos.

My town is flooded with nail techs and i have carved a niche for myself as being the one who does 'alternative' nails. I tend to get clients who do not wish to look like the 14 yr old school girls who walk out of " that'll do nail salon" with a set of square white tips.

I do a lot of edge nails , stiletto nails and now ive got the injectable tips im doing some aquarium nails too .also do a good amount of 3 d acrylic decoration too.

I know what you mean!! Hoping to get my clients out of their comfort zone in the new year, loads want the funkier stuff but they're just too scared :D

You definately have to lead by example. Eventually they will catch on.

Ooo what are injectable tips??

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

They are tips that have a compartment in them that you can fill with glitter and liquid to create a kinda snowglobe effect. Cool:cool:

They look fab don't they! Where do you get them from?

OMG wow I need to look into them!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thx for your replies ladies :) ill just sit tight with them for now :)

They look fab don't they! Where do you get them from?

I have a little mail order nail supply shop.
I havent managed to get these tips online yet because i am so busy , but they are going fast.

Ill pm you a picture and price if you want me to.

You definately have to lead by example. Eventually they will catch on.

Definitely! I'm trying to slowly ease them out of their plain colored, safe-tips comfort zone. I'm currently sporting the baby steps stuff... glitters and rhinestones. haha!
I think the best way to market stilettos and other edgy styles is just wear them yourself! Some people will want it if they see it in-person and not in a photo.

Latest posts

Back