Dobermann wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you totaly to. yes there are a lot of dodgy breeders on there I get that but all dog breeder everywhere they are in it for money nothing else.Accidents do happen just like humans no difference.preloved isn't all that bad if you know what to look for.Im enjoying my pup from there and so are you and have done previously.:biggrin::biggrin: xx

Yep true Hun mines like my 2nd baby lol :D

Ethical (and unethical) breeding is an issue quite close to my heart. I would classify that sort of 'accidental' pregnancy as a byb. I would doubt any health tests have been done. Dobes are not my breed, but off the top of my head, hip scoring, eye tests and vWD testing should have been done. With rescues fit to bursting there is no excuse to go ahead with breeding or an accidental pregnancy unless it is breeding good quality, healthy (and therefore health tested) dogs.

Sorry for the rant - just spend too much of my time and efforts picking up the pieces of other's irresponsibility.

well said i agree compleatly, rescues are over run as it is. Most not all but most people that advertise on pre loved have not health tested and or home checked. And as for adverting a dog for £12.50 well that dog will prob be taken in by someone on a whim and then end up in rescue and shoved from piller to post the poor thing.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

well said i agree compleatly, rescues are over run as it is. Most not all but most people that advertise on pre loved have not health tested and or home checked. And as for adverting a dog for £12.50 well that dog will prob be taken in by someone on a whim and then end up in rescue and shoved from piller to post the poor thing.

The dog was not advertised at £12.50 the dog was offered to me as I placed an ad looking for a playmate for my dog and I was PRIVATELY emailed asking if I would like to rehome him as these people had already got him from a negligent owner who did not inform them that he was no good with cats. They simply asked for £12.50 to ensure that his microchip name was changed. They refused to let him go before Christmas as they did not want him going as a present that would later be unwanted and while you may be right that he will end up passed from pillar to post (as I could not take him) there are people like myself who would rather trowel sites like preloved who actually can't afford to pay hundreds of pounds to greedy breeders that will take these dogs and keep them until their last breath and love them and make sure they are well looked after and not used as some trophy. The dog I have now is a pure breed kc registered Doberman but his papers are simply shoved in a drawer somewhere because for me he is a pet not a possession or accessory, and the woman who gave me him OFF PRELOVED had his boosters done fled wormed and had a check up at the vet and drove him 40 miles to my house (while my husband was away with the army) for me and my little girl to meet him and then brought him back again after for us to keep and did not take a single penny from me I had to sneak some money into her car door. Peoples circumstances change and they do have to rehome pets it's not nice but it's life and sometimes it's as distressing for them as it is the pet. It doesn't matter where they advertise them it's how they go about seeing that they are in a good home that counts. Most breeders couldn't give a toss and will hand them over as soon as the money hits the palm of their hand now how is that responsible!

I do just have to say one more thing, most (good breaders) do not do it for the money they do it to improve the bread standards.

For example if i were to corectly breed say a labrador i would need to
heath score hips elbows and eyes the bitch price upwards from £300
pay for a stud £500
a ultrasound to check pups £100
dna test £100
wormer £50
welping stuff another £50
food for upto 10 pups for 4 weeks £80
emergency money for c section £500
kc reg
the time and effort needed to raise 10 pups

As you can see its quote costly u dont make much only bad people who dont love and care for the health of their bitch dont do these things and therefore make a fair amount of money

Eg puppy farms were a bitch will spend 6 to 8 years continusley having puppys then given up for rescue when infertile. Were she will be scared of humans not toilet trained in bad health and will find it hard to find a forever home. Her puppys will probaly have hip dislepsia and will prob need hip replacement by the time their 1 costing the owners £1000s so they will end up in rescue. Its a sorry state.

GOOD BEADERS DO NOT ADVERTISE ON PRE LOVED OR ANY SUCH SITES.

A GOOD BREADER WILL NOT BREAD PUPS READY FOR CHRISTMAS

A GOOD BREADER IS WILLING TO TAKE BACK THEIR PUPS AT ANY TIME.

A GOOD BREADER WILL HOME CHECK

A GOOD BREADER MAKES VERY LITTLE PROFIT.

A GOOD BREADER WONT HAVE MORE THAN TWO LITTERS A YEAR.

Most breeders couldn't give a toss and will hand them over as soon as the money hits the palm of their hand now how is that responsible!

As someone who breeds (albeit only occasionally -when I have a really excellent girl) I take exception to that. Sadly, there are breeders like that, and they are the very sort which advertise on preloved and other sites, which is why I would not recommend it. Health tests alone for my breed cost around £500 per dog add to that all the other costs of raising a healthy litter (without any extra costs like csection) the costs run into several thousands. I only breed if I want to keep a pup myself and the other pups all go with a contract stating that should the new owners not be able to keep the pup/dog in the future the pup comes back to me.

KC pure breed is only a very small part and the reason it is important because ancestry is important for breeding (for researching health).

I appreciate that sometimes circumstances change and people are no longer able to keep a dog and it needs rehoming. The vast majority however, are simply where the novelty has worn off, not enough thought has been given to whether the breed of dog suits lifestyle or insufficient training means they cannot cope. I would always recommend rehoming through a rescue, preferably breed rescue. Homes are carefully vetted for suitability and the dog must go back to the rescue if the family are unable to keep them for any reason. This makes for far more successful rehoming than those you see advertised on the freeads.

The dog was not advertised at £12.50 the dog was offered to me as I placed an ad looking for a playmate for my dog and I was PRIVATELY emailed asking if I would like to rehome him as these people had already got him from a negligent owner who did not inform them that he was no good with cats. They simply asked for £12.50 to ensure that his microchip name was changed. They refused to let him go before Christmas as they did not want him going as a present that would later be unwanted and while you may be right that he will end up passed from pillar to post (as I could not take him) there are people like myself who would rather trowel sites like preloved who actually can't afford to pay hundreds of pounds to greedy breeders that will take these dogs and keep them until their last breath and love them and make sure they are well looked after and not used as some trophy. The dog I have now is a pure breed kc registered Doberman but his papers are simply shoved in a drawer somewhere because for me he is a pet not a possession or accessory, and the woman who gave me him OFF PRELOVED had his boosters
done fled wormed and had a check up at the vet and drove him 40 miles to my house (while my husband was away with the army) for me and my little girl to meet him and then brought him back again after for us to keep and did not take a single penny from me I had to sneak some money into her car door. Peoples circumstances change and they do have to rehome pets it's not nice but it's life and sometimes it's as distressing for them as it is the pet. It doesn't matter where they advertise them it's how they go about seeing that they are in a good home that counts. Most breeders couldn't give a toss and will hand them over as soon as the money hits the palm of their hand now how is that responsible!

Totally agree good for you to say this.you know what it really annoys me when people are so wrong and think that people like us are that thick and haven't done our homework that we would make a bad choice.it annoys me that people think that going to a reputable breeder or well known breeder is any better when they are pounding out these pups left right and centre and the mum is literally dragging her teets along the floor where she has had far to many litters and the pups are sold for money nothing else.As for all this home check stuff what a load of crap hardly ever are the buyers house checked by a breeder they don't care it's a money thing that's the long and short of it.my pup came with the parents screening and my pups xray screening yet I'm still told that I've made a wrong decision by buying him.you clearly made a good decision and bless the lady not wanting money now that is a good person.we literally paid not a lot for ours and baring in mined a breeder will sell bully's for £2000 plus.they didn't want hardly anything as they are not breeders and thought it to ne unfair to charge a ridiculouse amount as they didn't want or need the money.the reason why they charged a bit was so that scally wags didn't go to get one mistreating them breeding them and so on.they didn't been charge any more for the girls either all the same which shows something dosnt it.xxxxx

The dog was not advertised at £12.50 the dog was offered to me as I placed an ad looking for a playmate for my dog and I was PRIVATELY emailed asking if I would like to rehome him as these people had already got him from a negligent owner who did not inform them that he was no good with cats. They simply asked for £12.50 to ensure that his microchip name was changed. They refused to let him go before Christmas as they did not want him going as a present that would later be unwanted and while you may be right that he will end up passed from pillar to post (as I could not take him) there are people like myself who would rather trowel sites like preloved who actually can't afford to pay hundreds of pounds to greedy breeders that will take these dogs and keep them until their last breath and love them and make sure they are well looked after and not used as some trophy. The dog I have now is a pure breed kc registered Doberman but his papers are simply shoved in a drawer somewhere because for me he is a pet not a possession or accessory, and the woman who gave me him OFF PRELOVED had his boosters done fled wormed and had a check up at the vet and drove him 40 miles to my house (while my husband was away with the army) for me and my little girl to meet him and then brought him back again after for us to keep and did not take a single penny from me I had to sneak some money into her car door. Peoples circumstances change and they do have to rehome pets it's not nice but it's life and sometimes it's as distressing for them as it is the pet. It doesn't matter where they advertise them it's how they go about seeing that they are in a good home that counts. Most breeders couldn't give a toss and will hand them over as soon as the money hits the palm of their hand now how is that responsible!

your dog is very lucky to have found you but i still maintain my veiws that pre loved is not a sutible place for a previously loved dog if circumstances change you can contace a rescue and thau will find a home for you.

This home will be checked and vetted always. Most people on that site are puppy farmers or back yard breaders only in it for the money. You are an exeption most people and dogs have not been that lucky.

Totally agree good for you to say this.you know what it really annoys me when people are so wrong and think that people like us are that thick and haven't done our homework that we would make a bad choice.it annoys me that people think that going to a reputable breeder or well known breeder is any better when they are pounding out these pups left right and centre and the mum is literally dragging her teets along the floor where she has had far to many litters and the pups are sold for money nothing else.As for all this home check stuff what a load of crap hardly ever are the buyers house checked by a breeder they don't care it's a money thing that's the long and short of it.my pup came with the parents screening and my pups xray screening yet I'm still told that I've made a wrong decision by buying him.you clearly made a good decision and bless the lady not wanting money now that is a good person.we literally paid not a lot for ours and baring in mined a breeder will sell bully's for £2000 plus.they didn't want hardly anything as they are not breeders and thought it to ne unfair to charge a ridiculouse amount as they didn't want or need the money.the reason why they charged a bit was so that scally wags didn't go to get one mistreating them breeding them and so on.they didn't been charge any more for the girls either all the same which shows something dosnt it.xxxxx

no one said you made a bad decition but it is not good advice to advice others to do the same other people do not know what to look for a will end up buying from a puppy farm. Im sorry you have come across some bad breaders but this is not the norm.

going to a reputable breeder or well known breeder is any better when they are pounding out these pups left right and centre and the mum is literally dragging her teets along the floor where she has had far to many litters and the pups are sold for money nothing else
I don't know any reputable breeders that do this - and I know a lot of breeders. I find that quite insulting and very misinformed.

God my spelling is really bad note to self learn to spell or dont type so fast.

Oh and I'm going to add that the mum of my pup went into labour early to on the ladies wedding day and she cancelled her whole wedding to care for the mum and pups hand reared them to help mum out as she couldn't quite cope with all of them as there was 12 had the vet there constantly checking on mum and pups to.maybe I'm one of the lucky ones to but I'm glad I got Gary from where I did and have not made a bad decision he is also kc registered.

I know the people that had these pups are not breeders and will not be having anymore as it is now impossible x

I know the people that had these pups are not breeders and will not be having anymore as it is now impossible
Anyone who breeds a litter is a breeder. Your pup's paperwork should list them as the breeders. If an accidental litter, then they won't be health tested.

Individual cases may be the exception and I'm glad you're pleased with your puppy but I still say preloved is a puppy farmer/byb site.

Anyway, it's gone a bit off topic and I hope angel fingers finds her new family member.

A breeder will breed because of the potential profit margin and they have a good blood line in a dog or bitch I haven't said all breeders but breeding in general isn't a good thing IMO.

Now why do you breed on occasions ? It will interest me to know why.

Anyone who breeds a litter is a breeder. Your pup's paperwork should list them as the breeders. If an accidental litter, then they won't be health tested.

Individual cases may be the exception and I'm glad you're pleased with your puppy but I still say preloved is a puppy farmer/byb site.

Anyway, it's gone a bit off topic and I hope angel fingers finds her new family member.

They were health checked because two puppies died at a later stage that is why and they paid for all pups to be health checked along with the fact they were born early.

Totally agree good for you to say this.you know what it really annoys me when people are so wrong and think that people like us are that thick and haven't done our homework that we would make a bad choice.it annoys me that people think that going to a reputable breeder or well known breeder is any better when they are pounding out these pups left right and centre and the mum is literally dragging her teets along the floor where she has had far to many litters and the pups are sold for money nothing else.As for all this home check stuff what a load of crap hardly ever are the buyers house checked by a breeder they don't care it's a money thing that's the long and short of it.my pup came with the parents screening and my pups xray screening yet I'm still told that I've made a wrong decision by buying him.you clearly made a good decision and bless the lady not wanting money now that is a good person.we literally paid not a lot for ours and baring in mined a breeder will sell bully's for £2000 plus.they didn't want hardly anything as they are not breeders and thought it to ne unfair to charge a ridiculouse amount as they didn't want or need the money.the reason why they charged a bit was so that scally wags didn't go to get one mistreating them breeding them and so on.they didn't been charge any more for the girls either all the same which shows something dosnt it.xxxxx[/QUOTE

I know Hun I'm sure there are plenty of decent breeders but there are tons of terrible greedy ones and it just disgusts me that like you say we are made to feel bad about taking one from preloved who 9 times out of 10 are people with circumstance changes or little accidents with their dogs which doesn't make them a bad dog owner they may just be inexperienced or like I said changes in life. And my mother has bought 3 dogs from totally different breeders that o remember of when I lived at home and not one cared about the house/ home that they were going to. There are good and bad in the world of pets however you go about getting one as far as I'm concerned. Xx

You are getting quite defensive i understand you are just sticking up for your dog. But surley you dont think it is advicable for novice puppy buyers to buy from pre loved. But go to a good breeder not one that breeds 20 times in a year but to a good honest breeder who will do right buy the puppy and owner.

Your were lucky you had done your research but some puppy buyers dont evan know health tests exsist and will unfortunatly buy from puppy farms unknowingly.

and if people keep buying they will continue to mistreat their bitched over breed them abandon them and breed unhealthy pups that could have all sorts of health probs that wont become appaent untill at least 6 months or age.

I agree there are good and bad. breeding in general IMO isn't great at all.I think this thread has got outa control from a simple comment about pre loved we have both had a few comments made that I don't agree with like the father and mother haven't been screened which is totally wrong.

Hey ho I'm not going to explain my personal circumstance anymore to anyone I've said enough :lol:.

I'm glad you found another family member and so have I.very happy indeed :lol: xxx

I wouldn't say my dog was an exception as I have had my last 3 dogs from preloved, I'm not saying there aren't bad people or puppy farmers on there but there are lots of genuine people on there too, it boils down to a matter of opinion at the end of the day and the fact that we are all debating about it shows that there are good breeders and good people on preloved and also bad in each. It also shows that each of us care about our pets. I am glad to have come across people who do know good breeders or have had a good experience but I stand by my decision to go on sites like preloved as all 3 of the families I got my dogs from genuinely cared where their dog/pup went and came to the house before giving us the dog, one of them asked me if I was willing to heighten my fence before handing over the dog as he was a little jumper which I was happy to do. I guess there's always going to be a split reaction but hey thats life. I personally don't judge people for advertising their pets/litters on preloved I judge them on how they go about making sure they are suitably rehomed :)

They were health checked because two puppies died at a later stage that is why and they paid for all pups to be health checked along with the fact they were born early.

im very sorry to inform you and you may not belive me please feel free to google it but a puppy can not be health tested.
Thay can not be teasted for hip displacia or elbow displacia or eye tested untill 6 months and the earliest. And the risk or causing an evan bigger agument your puppys has had a health check up at the vet. And given an all clear to the best of that vets abillity none of the things listed above will show up untill at least 6 months of age (fact) Im sorry to be so harsh. If you puppy has been propaly tested you will have hip and elbow scores and these shoyld be in the safe range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back