Does anyone have customers that don't want cuticles cut?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks eskimonailtech! ive not been cutting anything living as you said but i was taught to cut "it all"! however aftermaking a client bleed once i avoid anything living like the plague, so happy ive only heen cutting it off when its dead! phew!!!! xx

That is shocking! I am disgusted that someone would do that to you. Hopefully you didn't go there too often!

Those of you that are saying you were taught to "cut the cuticle" when training, were you never shown a diagram of the nail and taught what everything is? Surely that's one of the first things you learn?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thinking about this, the college did show us nail diagrams and each time the eponychium was pointed out. However the teachers never ever said that the cuticle was different to the eponychium and that it was living and shouldn't be cut.

After finding out on here the correct way to do it, stopped cutting and only used a curette and pusher and got failed on manicures due to not using the clippers.

In the end I pretended to use them and made it look like I was clipping just to pass my assessments otherwise I would never have passed!

Thinking about this, the college did show us nail diagrams and each time the eponychium was pointed out. However the teachers never ever said that the cuticle was different to the eponychium and that it was living and shouldn't be cut.

After finding out on here the correct way to do it, stopped cutting and only used a curette and pusher and got failed on manicures due to not using the clippers.

In the end I pretended to use them and made it look like I was clipping just to pass my assessments otherwise I would never have passed!

That's terrible that they would fail you for that! Good for you for doing it the correct way. I'm still shocked that they would teach you to do that.

I remember in high school beauty class we were taught to use a cuticle knife sort of thing.

:eek:

I remember in high school beauty class we were taught to use a cuticle knife sort of thing.

:eek:

I remember those. What the hell were they and how did you use them? They were useless.

I remember those. What the hell were they and how did you use them? They were useless.

Oh yes, those. I remember them in my Nail Services courses and they are still being taught in the mani/pedi bits of Beauty. I still don't use them, but just get left to do the mani/pedi as I've done the previous courses.

We were always told to use them wet and in a small circular motion. Whenever a client saw that coming at them, they'd ask why I was using a knife on their nail.

I'm glad I don't use these either.

this is a really interesting thread.

i have done nail training at various places and they have had different approaches on how to deal with the cuticle area.

on my mani course i was told to use nippers in most cases whereas on my extension courses i was told to simply push the cuticle back.

i much prefer to push the cuticle back: i think it is far safer and i don't see many people with that much cuticle anyway

Latest posts

Back