Does anyone know this method for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi all!
i saw a client yesterday who had her hair done in vietnam and they were strands of hair that looked like they were plaited onto the hair they was a small amount of glue but not enough that would leave glue on the hair like the pre-bonded ones..
she had them in for 3 months no maintenence and had lost one strand only and still in condition..
does anyone know this method? if so whats it called?

hi all!
i saw a client yesterday who had her hair done in vietnam and they were strands of hair that looked like they were plaited onto the hair they was a small amount of glue but not enough that would leave glue on the hair like the pre-bonded ones..
she had them in for 3 months no maintenence and had lost one strand only and still in condition..
does anyone know this method? if so whats it called?

pinch braid. very popular in usa. there are many types of this

really i thought it was very good.. you couldnt see anything. strands were very small.. the plait was the a tiny part on the top and the rest was out. so the plait at the top was barely visible.

how long does it last between maintenence and how long all together.. ?

To my knowledge this is a method favoured by those with afro hair for many years and is also known as 'pick and drop'.

The length of time taken to apply these etensions all depends on the speed of the etensionist the size of each braid and the density of the client's hair. This is a method wich can take anything between 3-8+ hours because it can be such intricate work. This can last up to 3 months - I wouldt recommend leaving in any longer personally.

The plait can be secured by either creating a small knot (with thread or extension hair) or by using glue.

As with any hair extension method - this can be relatively harmless - or very harmful, it all depends on who is doing it and how! The key is to ensure that the braids are not done too tightly, make sure that the correct amount of extension hair is used (too much extension hair on too small a section of hair causes stress to the natural hair) and if glue is used that very small amount is used. I personally avoid using glue where possible.

hth :)

To my knowledge this is a method favoured by those with afro hair for many years and is also known as 'pick and drop'.

The length of time taken to apply these etensions all depends on the speed of the etensionist the size of each braid and the density of the client's hair. This is a method wich can take anything between 3-8+ hours because it can be such intricate work. This can last up to 3 months - I wouldt recommend leaving in any longer personally.

The plait can be secured by either creating a small knot (with thread or extension hair) or by using glue.

As with any hair extension method - this can be relatively harmless - or very harmful, it all depends on who is doing it and how! The key is to ensure that the braids are not done too tightly, make sure that the correct amount of extension hair is used (too much extension hair on too small a section of hair causes stress to the natural hair) and if glue is used that very small amount is used. I personally avoid using glue where possible.

hth :)

hiya thanks it wasnt the pick and drop she had in but very similar though

Last edited:

been looking at the net for this and it yeah i think this is it..
i bet it will be popular in uk soon too although very similar to the pick and drop method treselle said

thanks...

Last edited:
hiya it wasnt the pick and drop she had but similar though..

Hi , try and get us some pics leonnib :hug: I would love to see this method too :) x minky

Same method as Prostyles check out there website it gives the information on therat they train in the fibre range

Balmain teach this method with fibre hair. I have never done it, far too fussy for me! :)

Latest posts

Back