Does anyone rebalance french nails like this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raznik

Reaction score
Hi fellow experts.

For many years now iv'e always rebalanced my french nails, by cutting a new smile line with an E-File, then removing most of the product off the tip, and re applying white or colour etc.

My question is: Does anyone just completely e-file off the tip, apply a sculpture form and re do this way?

My mind just cannot get around how the tip actually cements itself to the existing pink acrylic, without just "snapping off" eventually??

Your feedback would be appreciated.

I do the same as you have described above, its easier and quicker than drilling off and applying a form underneath - not to mention more cost effective. This is the way i've always done it.

On myself, I always clip off the free edge, file back to where I want the new smile line then sculpt a new free edge, but then I always work with a cover powder.

Acrylic bonds to acrylic, so you can do just about anything if the structure is sound.

Geeg clips hers off (shapes a smile line) and sculpts a new free edge and they look great.

I guess it would depend on the length of the free-edge also. The idea would be to also file off thickness (nails should never be thick) and apply a new structural layer that covers the whole nail.

This method would also combat natural nails peeling away.

I know a tech that e-files off the old whites, glues a new well-less tip where the free-edge should be, then overlays the whole lot (and they look fab)..... and last.

So many ways to produce nails, with and without and e-file.

Don't any of your clients mind having their free edge removed....do they not want to get to the NNO stage....?

Don't any of your clients mind having their free edge removed....do they not want to get to the NNO stage....?

Agreed, about 95% of mine have NNO by their 3rd refill

Check out Vicki Peter's website. She use to have a video tutorial on how she does that. She files off the product part way up the nail and then reapplies the tip and applies product. She makes it look so easy.

www.vickipeters.com

Check out Vicki Peter's website. She use to have a video tutorial on how she does that. She files off the product part way up the nail and then reapplies the tip and applies product. She makes it look so easy.

www.vickipeters.com

cant find it, is it still on there?

She use to have video tutorials on her website when she was with Kupa. Maybe she doesn't have them any longer. You can contact her at [email protected] and ask her if she has that techique either written down to explain or a video.

The video or something similar is still on there, i had a look yesterday. Its just a bit hard to find!!

On the webpage there is a blue menu on the left. Half way down the page is a section called 'articles' and the last link in the box is 'vicki vision videos' click on that and then on the big enter key then select you video from the blue boxes. I think its the backfill one. :hug:

I just use my e-file to move the smile line back like you do and in a short amout of time the clients own nail will be under the acrylic instead of the a tip! I use the swiss carbide bit and take pretty much all the acrylic off the free edge only down to the natural nail and rebalance the smile line. I find the clients are always happier when their nail is underneath and it is stronger that way!:hug:

I may have misunderstood the original post. I thought you were talking about actualling gluing a tip back on as opposed to doing a total backfill.

Thank you Miss Owen for finding her videos. I was kind of in a hurry when I looked.

As Carl says there are many ways to do a Forever French Rebalance and they all work, last and look great when done well.

Most clients' goal is to end up with a NNO, in which case I would not clip and form sculpt but thin and re-apply. There are lots of clients though who seem to hate seeing their own nails under the product and want the clean new look of the white or natural free edge.

I work thin always with a central vertical apex so I never need to use a drill to do the hard work because it is not hard to do and my product is soft and quick to file and not like filing with concrete.

I never file out a new smile line when I am thinning the product ... just thin it out and apply a new smile just as usual ... a tiny bead of pink to blend into the existing zone 2 area and a new zone 3. If all nails are in tact, it takes me one hour to do, whichever method I use.

I think the hardness of the product one works with makes it necessary for some to use a drill or else the product is piled on so thick a drill is necessary to get through it. The products you use can really make a difference to your timing.

Latest posts

Back