Does anyone use PHD Waxing system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc333

Reaction score
Does anyone use PHD waxing system, I'm considering converting onto it but wanted you thoughts and opinions on it before I pay out for it.
Thanks- KC

Hi there, I use the Australian Bodycare System, (similar to Phd, but tea tree and MUCH nicer heater) and I love it. Its hygenic and customers love the thought of the wax not having anyones "bits" in it!!

Hi, I was thinking of going with the PHD System but i was advised by a qualified beauty therapist not to bother as she had tryed using it and found it hard to get on with.

cabinkel said:
Hi there, I use the Australian Bodycare System, (similar to Phd, but tea tree and MUCH nicer heater) and I love it. Its hygenic and customers love the thought of the wax not having anyones "bits" in it!!

I've got the ABC system aswell. It is much easier to use and the wax is much better than the PHD one I tried at a friend salon. I preffer a tea tree wax, and the ABC one is really good quality. I'd recommend this system to anyone.

Same as Cabinkel & Pink Mummy, I use the ABC wax. I find it much easier to use & it never goes thick & gloopy !

The only reason i wasn't that keen on the PHD system is purely because of the wax, love the heater & everything that comes with it but when you get half way down a tube i found it virtually impossible to continue. Their tea tree wax is also more of a gel than a cream so didn't find that any easier to use.

Have any of you done the training with PHD?

I know it does work a bit differently to other waxes, but I also know the head trainer very well and she has gazillions of years of experience. She says that when used correctly this is a fabulous system. But I do think training is necessary and the will to work slightly differently to the way you may have been taught.

Not everything works the same, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work effectively with the right training.

When I was at Olympia I went to the Phd stand as I'd heard it was quite hard to use and so on. The lady was so helpful and even let me have a go on her :eek: - brave lady! It was so easy and you didn't have to squeeze the tube at all, it had a lovely flowing action, although I guess it was a fairly full tube. She did a half leg wax in about 10 minutes or less!!!!!!

I just wish they would do nationwide training as Coventry is a hell of a trek from here.

Hi
I'm planning to do the training if I go ahead and buy it, but will have to travel to Coventry to do it, shame no where in Yorkshire.
I'll have to check out the ABC system, any links???

geeg said:

I know it does work a bit differently to other waxes, but I also know the head trainer very well and she has gazillions of years of experience. She says that when used correctly this is a fabulous system. But I do think training is necessary and the will to work slightly differently to the way you may have been taught.

Not everything works the same, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work effectively with the right training.

Yes i have done the training but, i didn't get past half a tube so when i went back to the salon and was using up the full tube thats when i started to have problems.
I have to admit PHD is very popular in this area and i know lots of therapists that do find it a bit tricky.
I did work experience at the salon of the lady who had something to do with the development of PHD and she could get every last drop of it out :biggrin:

When I did my pot and spatula training my tutor said that most peeps don't work with the PHD wax hot enough and that's why they have probs. She said the tubes have to be really quite hot to the touch, don;t know if this is true, but it may be worth looking into!

Bombinigirl said:
Yes i have done the training but, i didn't get past half a tube so when i went back to the salon and was using up the full tube thats when i started to have problems.
I have to admit PHD is very popular in this area and i know lots of therapists that do find it a bit tricky.
I did work experience at the salon of the lady who had something to do with the development of PHD and she could get every last drop of it out :biggrin:

Yup, same here. When the tube is full, it's great to work with but when you get halfway, it get's really tricky.

[When I did my pot and spatula training my tutor said that most peeps don't work with the PHD wax hot enough and that's why they have probs. She said the tubes have to be really quite hot to the touch, don;t know if this is true, but it may be worth looking into!/QUOTE]

Yes Sassy, you do need to work with it quite hot, but then you end up burning youself because the tube gets extremely hot. I know you can get a special sleeve thingy to put over the tube to prevent this from happening, but haven't managed to find one yet.

Also, when working at these temperatures, I found that it left very clear red track marks on the skin as it was so hot.

I really don't get on with mine and it has been sitting brand new on my cupboard for a year now !

River

Mine gathering dust too...I had so many probs (cos I was mobile I thought it would be less messy) but it took just TOOO long to heat at each house...I like to work fast...If it stands in a salon all day then yes its a great system but sadly for mobile its just no good to me.

River said:
Yup, same here. When the tube is full, it's great to work with but when you get halfway, it get's really tricky.

[When I did my pot and spatula training my tutor said that most peeps don't work with the PHD wax hot enough and that's why they have probs. She said the tubes have to be really quite hot to the touch, don;t know if this is true, but it may be worth looking into!/QUOTE]

Yes Sassy, you do need to work with it quite hot, but then you end up burning youself because the tube gets extremely hot. I know you can get a special sleeve thingy to put over the tube to prevent this from happening, but haven't managed to find one yet.

Also, when working at these temperatures, I found that it left very clear red track marks on the skin as it was so hot.

I really don't get on with mine and it has been sitting brand new on my cupboard for a year now !

River

You should have got a sleeve with it if you purchased the kit - but if you just have the heater then im not sure if they are included, but you can get them from ellisons.

geeg said:

Yes, I too have done the training, and I do use this system on a daily basis in the salon I work in. It is a great system, but I do find the ABC system has better wax, and the applicators are fantastic. Both are great systems and make the job of waxing SO much easier, which is always a good thing!! Just i prefer ABC.:biggrin:

Where can you can the ABC system from?

thanks geeks for your help, contacted my local ABC dist at Harrogate today and getting an info pack out.
Def going to go with them, it sounds fab, especially the car adaptor for the heater so I can get it heated up when travelling and arrive with it ready to go.
Thanks for all your help especially bombinigirl who has been a star with all the info she sent.

i used to have this and didn't like it took up more time than anything so i went to the good old wax pot even though its messy i think its better than this system. i have heard of other who i know said that wasn't very good and got rid and went back to their old wax pot

Bombinigirl said:
River said:
You should have got a sleeve with it if you purchased the kit - but if you just have the heater then im not sure if they are included, but you can get them from ellisons.

Hi,

Yes, bought the full kit, but the sleeve definitely was not included !

River

Latest posts

Back