Does anyone????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi as most of you know I'm due to leave the UK soon to live in France.

A lot of my clients have been asking if I would think about coming home to work on a 8 weekly basis.

What I wanted to know, does anyone else do this????

Sounds like more hassel than its worth to me, If your relocating to france surley you should work there too. I know you would probably come back to visit friends and family, but to do clients! dont you think this puts unessesary pressure on you?

I had a client that moved to australia, we both joked about how long she could go between infills.

I would suggest trying to achieve a base of clients over in france, you have done it before, why not again?

I suppose, didn't really think. Just thought it would make better use of my time as I don't necessarily have to work in France if I don't want to.

when my brother moved to spain he used to come back every 6 months and work in the uk for 6 weeks.its a pain but it paid him to do it

Not from a different country but I think sam chaney was talking about comuting a couple of days a month to cover her old clients, don't know if she is doing that though, prehapes you could pm her?
where abouts in france are you moving to?

Cec used to travel between Liverpool and Norway, to service her clients, her husband was working in Liverpool for a while and she was always on a plane to Norway and back.

on an 8 weekly basis though, who would do their infills in the mean time?

in my opinion, i wouldn't do it.. seems too much hassle - you would have to earn your air fare in that time plus money to make it worthwhile.. and where would you do the treatments?

in my opinion, i wouldn't do it.. seems too much hassle - you would have to earn your air fare in that time plus money to make it worthwhile.. and where would you do the treatments?

Yeah, thats what i mean. put your energy into building a good nail tec reputation in france. that way when you come back here it will be for a rest and to spend time with your family :)

Hi There,

Once again good luck with your move I do hope it all goes well, as for your question I think for a time it would be ok to do this as many people I know here are hairdressers ond so on and go back to the UK every two months to do the clients they have back home, the Uk is now so easy to travel to and from for 69€ you could take an Easyjet flight and be in the UK in an 1.45 min and it will also give you the chance to fight off the home sickness that you will feel for the first year or so, believe me it will happen. Door to door this would be less time than it takes to go on a day's shopping trip. I met some English people here the other day on the beach and they just came for the day from Liverpool, Europe is a great place to live and traveling is sooooo easy now so you could well do it.

Good Luck.

Cec used to travel between Liverpool and Norway, to service her clients, her husband was working in Liverpool for a while and she was always on a plane to Norway and back.

But Cec had (& still has) a salon in Norway with an employee to keep things going whilst she was away too. She went back very regularly, every other week or sooner - not sure you could do 8 weeks successfully.....
(sorry Cec talking about you here LOL! :hug: )

Not from a different country but I think sam chaney was talking about comuting a couple of days a month to cover her old clients, don't know if she is doing that though, prehapes you could pm her?
where abouts in france are you moving to?
near limoges x

To be honest I don't class myself as a nail tech as I don't really do much nails. Most of mine is male waxing....

Also the other half will be staying here for a few years due to work commitments so I'll use a room at his as I do here.

You could always come and use my treatment room if you needed somewhere when you come back over hun! xxx

You could always come and use my treatment room if you needed somewhere when you come back over hun! xxx
That's so sweet of you honey, thank you x

Latest posts

Back