Does the spray really stay inside pop up tents?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljo6610

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to this site but have found it really helpful I'm a newly qualified beauty therapist working in a salon but want to work from home by the end of the year. I am doing spray tanning in the salon in tiled room but still find it a messy treatment (I don't think the salon necessarily has the best equipment!) I find that the tan quite often leaks from the spray gun. Basically I want to hear from anyone that is using a pop up spray tan tent.............does the tan really stay contained in the tent? I am converting my conservatory into a salon and have awful visions of the windows and floor getting covered!!!! Any feedback welcomed.
Thanks

Hi there, I'm new to this site but have found it really helpful I'm a newly qualified beauty therapist working in a salon but want to work from home by the end of the year. I am doing spray tanning in the salon in tiled room but still find it a messy treatment (I don't think the salon necessarily has the best equipment!) I find that the tan quite often leaks from the spray gun. Basically I want to hear from anyone that is using a pop up spray tan tent.............does the tan really stay contained in the tent? I am converting my conservatory into a salon and have awful visions of the windows and floor getting covered!!!! Any feedback welcomed.
Thanks

Please help!!! I've had no replies!??????????????

Hello, I am also new to spray tanning and have been practising on friends in my living room/conservatory. Due to the good weather we've been having I find opening all the doors & windows helps to carry any overspray out of the house. The only thing I do notice is after doing the spray tan if I have been walking around the house in white socks, the bottoms have a slight staining but this is minimal. That said, I will be investing in an extractor fan soon for when I go mobile. I think it's better safe than sorry when you are in a clients house esp if they have white walls & furniture! Also we won't want to open all the doors and windows in the winter!

So maybe see how you go with your conservatory, if there is any residue settling on surfaces this can normally be removed with a damp cloth/mop. And perhaps think about investing in an extractor fan too.

A x

I would say it really depends on what equipment you use and on your own spraying technique.
I have the hplv 5008 with the pro gun and I spray up close. I always place a black towel on the floor in front of the tent.
I have had no problems with overspray. x

I used st tropez air brush tan and we used a pop up tent and we still had over spray. It didn't stay in the tent. That was at my previous salon. now I work from home and I don't do spray tan because of this problem.

I have the HV5008. I use about 40ml per tan and I have never noticed overspray outside the tent.

As Louise said it will depend on your machine and technique.

I have a 5008 machine and do find that the room is cloudy afterwards, i try to put them to the back of the tent but i dont understand how you can spray up close, wont the soloution just run? is it better to spray up and down rather than accross? and maybye spray quicker but then disrupt the air and send overspray everywhere
Thankyou xxx

I have a 5008 machine and do find that the room is cloudy afterwards, i try to put them to the back of the tent but i dont understand how you can spray up close, wont the soloution just run? is it better to spray up and down rather than accross? and maybye spray quicker but then disrupt the air and send overspray everywhere
Thankyou xxx
Up close having he gun about 6 inches away from your client. If your solution runs then you are not moving fast enough or have your gun turned up too high. Try turning the nozzle down and/or moving a bit faster.

Thanks everyone for your replies, mixed comments!! as said I suppose it depends on technique/equipment guess I will have a go and find out for myself. Thanks.x

Latest posts

Back