Doesn't anyone use the search facility?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am guilty as well at not looking at the search. But I must be honest, sometimes I forget there is search because I am in a hurry and need a answer. And sometimes I don't want to read everything for an answer. In some threads the geeks go off the topic.

But I can mostly say, lazy too read and search for the answer.

HA HA HA!!! SORRY!!!

While i agree with most of you guy view point this site has a wealth of information as well as talent. when i was a new comer i did not know how to use the search function so i post a question and now I search first then post, but for weeks the search function was no functioning properly and that why you have so many of the same post . i reminded of a saying when a babe do as a babe and when you grow up you act as a grown up. So there are a lot babes to the system out there be patient grownups

Prionace said:
Is it just me or is anyone else tired of seing the same topics coming back over and over again? It would be soooo much easier to sort out the threads that really need answering from the ones that have been answered numerous times before if people just used the search facilty before posting.
I belive i made this same mistake before, but i've learned from it, now everytime i want to find out about a brand, technique, or whatever i do a search before just to check, and the truth is i almost always find what i was looking for.
It's just that there are sooo many new posts everyday that everytime i log on i get totally messed up about wich threads are really worth replying to...
So, does anyone else feel the same? Would it be too much to ask for searching before posting?

Does it REALLY bother you that much???

Why not just ignore as Geeg said?

The NailGeek is a great place to come for newbies and for 'regs'. Your post was very offputting for newbies coming to this site who are looking for information.. are we not worthy of explanations, just because we haven't been doing nails as long as yourself?

Perhaps you are tired due to moving to a new home.. and just wanted to vent?

<~~~ goes to search for info... don't want to upset people by asking questions...

I am relatively new to this site...and do use the search facility...but the exact answer to my question isn't necessarily going to be there...so i will ask the question in the Main area.....imo...it is quite an irrelevant point to raise..and to get so upset about it..enough to start a thread.

Wasnt there a thread started the other day about "lets keep the threads nail based"!

gucci906 said:
I am relatively new to this site...and do use the search facility...but the exact answer to my question isn't necessarily going to be there...so i will ask the question in the Main area.....imo...it is quite an irrelevant point to raise..and to get so upset about it..enough to start a thread.

Wasnt there a thread started the other day about "lets keep the threads nail based"!

I have tried using the search engine but often it just gives me loads of random posts that I have to filter through.. easier to ask the question... thankfully, many more geeks have the patience to reply.. otherwise this would just be a nail technicians search engine. Perhaps newbies should be referred to Google before we use the NailGeek?! :wink2:

Okay think this one has been debated enough. Just try and check that your new thread isn't actually being answered in the forums at that time as it saves us all time in the long run. Putting this to bed now!

Im unlocking the thread long enough to excercise my power to have a final say :evil:

It is freaking annoying to see 3 on-going threads about the same topic. It is annoying to see a question that was discussed last week.

However...

1- The search facilities can chug for many types of searches.
2- Old topics with new voices are new topics ;)

Logging onto this place is kind of like walking into a room full of 100 like minded nail techs. As you mingle about, you are bound to come across similar discussions happening all over the place. Of course each discussion would be loads better if they all got together for one larger discussion, however sometimes the only way that can happen is for people to take a moment to say 'hey, did you know they are having this same conversation over there?'.

People don't start new discussions because they think they will be loved more for it. They start the discussions because they were not aware that others were already on the same wavelength.

Considering how freaking busy this site is, it happens very little. However when it happens, lets work together to cut them some slack and redirect them in the way that you would like to be redirected if you were to make the same innocent mistake. If they continue anyway, then the mods will slap them with a cold trout until they get the hint.

Post as you would like to be posted to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back