Dog food

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seemingly some dogs find an all raw diet too rich? Strange but true in my pups case!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've found that too, my pup cannot have chicken (minced or fresh) as it does not agree with him whatsoever, but my other 2 are fine with it. It's just finding the right balance for the individual dog 😊

James Wellbeloved lamb and rice kibble for puppies.x

Thank you all

I will def look into them all

Raw I'm not sure about I have 3 young girls don't really like the idea of raw food lying about,

Maybe for treats again il look into it
Thanks x

James Wellbeloved lamb and rice kibble for puppies.x

I actually bought some of this the other day in my local pet shop will try him with it mixed with his iams

But the ingredients say lamb meal which I had read online shouldn't me the main ingredient

I actually bought some of this the other day in my local pet shop will try him with it mixed with his iams

But the ingredients say lamb meal which I had read online shouldn't me the main ingredient

Not sure about that. However, my puppy likes it and strives well on it with no problems. So much out there.

Raw is a definite no for me too. Works for some people though.xx

I've found that too, my pup cannot have chicken (minced or fresh) as it does not agree with him whatsoever, but my other 2 are fine with it. It's just finding the right balance for the individual dog 😊

Aww that's a shame chicken is pretty neutral and light too x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it says meal it means the meat has been dehydrated (which is fine).

Thank you all

I will def look into them all

Raw I'm not sure about I have 3 young girls don't really like the idea of raw food lying about,

Maybe for treats again il look into it
Thanks x

That's true I can see why you'd be wary, we feed Oscars outside of there's chance of him taking it out the bowl and on the floor.

For dry food, have a look on the Eden website and see if there's any stockists by you so you could try a sample.
We found that cheaper than buying direct.

If it says meal it means the meat has been dehydrated (which is fine).

Ok ta x

B.A.R.F. all the way for my cavalier King Charles spaniel. No more diarhea, no more itching, best thing you can give a dog. A bloody mess in the kitchen, especially for a vegetarian like me. But my doggie likes it so much better than. B.a.r.f. Means bones and raw food

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

My pups eat Eukanuba

My whippet boy is on bob and lush , he used to be on wainwrights with raw chicken /lamb but had the worst poos and didn't seen overly keen , he is much better and licks the bowl clean now !

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Fab folks cheers il google away as Iv still not decided

But I know raw is not for us
Not with 3 young kids not chancing my girlies getting poorly

my dog is wheat intolerant which has further complicated things.

Now we have found a Burns weight control formula (mrs tubbykins since her spay last year) chicken & oats, dried pellets or whatever they're called, and I top it with chicken/turkey/beef/lamb or whatever from leftovers, a nice bit of meat just to give it a bit of extra flavour :lick::lick:

Treats, well there are some wheat and gluten free in tescos but I haven't examined the ingredients....mainly we give bits of said chicken/turkey which would otherwise have been part of her dinner - or she loves tiny pieces of carrot, cucumber or lettuce (I swear this is from when we used to have guinea pigs and she wanted to be included at feeding time lol)

my dog is wheat intolerant which has further complicated things.

Now we have found a Burns weight control formula (mrs tubbykins since her spay last year) chicken & oats, dried pellets or whatever they're called, and I top it with chicken/turkey/beef/lamb or whatever from leftovers, a nice bit of meat just to give it a bit of extra flavour :lick::lick:

Treats, well there are some wheat and gluten free in tescos but I haven't examined the ingredients....mainly we give bits of said chicken/turkey which would otherwise have been part of her dinner - or she loves tiny pieces of carrot, cucumber or lettuce (I swear this is from when we used to have guinea pigs and she wanted to be included at feeding time lol)

Aww you should get stag bars from pets at home. They are antlers so defo no wheat lol.
Last time I went I'm sure I saw bull horns too they were huuuge.
They last ages anywho x

Oooh and you could try frozen chunks of carrot, Oscar loves chewing them x

The past 14 months have been continual trial and error for me with my 11 year old westie. He is allergic to everything from food to medicines and even heating. Hes been to the vets alot and it got to a point where even antibiotics didnt solely cure so we had to trial different foods for him. I found that every person and vet had a different recommendation so we just tried and ticked off what didnt work until he finally found a food he is good with and thats burgess hypoallergenic salmon dry food. The vets said try cooked chicken and he reacted if it was bigger than my thumb nail so I eventually tried this and it works for him. He also has james wellbeloved hypo treats and a veggie sensitive denta stick (half of one a week). Now I personally found it hard to get something that was healthy, decent and he didnt react to. It works for mine but might not for others.. The amount of people and vets that recommended royal canine, I started to think everyone was on commision lol! But i read up on it and also had a previous post on here so didnt touch it. Next dog I get I will not be going back to the big named brands from the supermarket. Ive learnt how important it is and it really can save you in the long run..

I feed my 5 month english springer science plan and she loves it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whichdogfood.com is great for finding out wether the food is as good as what people/vets say it is!

My Lhasa Apso has multiple allergies, needs occasional steroids and ant-histamines. He is now fed a barf diet and doing much better.

James wellbeloved for me too

Latest posts

Back