Domain name advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Say I was called Nail Heaven (Im not lol)

What would be best:

NailHeaven.uk.com

NailHeaven.eu

NailHeaven.net

NailHeaven.biz

OR

NailHeavenSouthend.co.uk (bus name followed by town?)

Which would show up better if someone searched for nails and the town? I'm thinking the last one but I know nothing about these things.....can anyone advise? xx

(NailHeaven.co.uk and NailHeaven.com are not available)

I had exact same problem and had to go with business name then town. Got it at a really good price for 2 years so can't complain. If I don't get much business then its not like I spent lots of money. I'm going to start putting my web address on pics so instead of business name that way everyone can see the address and maybe visit the site. Can't wait till its finished:)xx

I went with business name & town, great but just don't move town lol x

The uk.com is probably a fair bit more expensive than the .eu., .net or .biz so I'd only choose that as a last resort.

Out of the others, I'd probably choose .biz first, followed by .net second and then .eu third - so I'd go for the .biz if that is still available.

Incidentally, nailheaven.me.uk is still available - and .me.uk domains tend to cost a lot less than .eu, .net, .biz etc - so that may be worth a try :)

The uk.com is probably a fair bit more expensive than the .eu., .net or .biz so I'd only choose that as a last resort.

Out of the others, I'd probably choose .biz first, followed by .net second and then .eu third - so I'd go for the .biz if that is still available.

Incidentally, nailheaven.me.uk is still available - and .me.uk domains tend to cost a lot less than .eu, .net, .biz etc - so that may be worth a try :)

She's not called nailheaven, that was an example. I'd always go co.uk I think it looks miles more credible.

Say I was called Nail Heaven (Im not lol)

What would be best:

NailHeaven.uk.com

NailHeaven.eu

NailHeaven.net

NailHeaven.biz

OR

NailHeavenSouthend.co.uk (bus name followed by town?)

Which would show up better if someone searched for nails and the town? I'm thinking the last one but I know nothing about these things.....can anyone advise? xx

(NailHeaven.co.uk and NailHeaven.com are not available)

Have you tried putting a hyphen in? I think co.uk is much better. My mum's business domain name was already taken so she opted to have the word 'therapies' on the end of hers instead and works fine.

If your looking to get traffic to your site then you need to use a domain name that reflects what people in your town would be search for ie " nails Southend"
So www.nails-Southend.co.uk
Etc
However once they are directed to your site just have your web page set out with your company name all over it. Hth x

And always try to get co.uk or com if your services are international - ie sling products

Latest posts

Back