dont know what to do!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
hey everyone
hope you all had a lovely xmas & all the best for 2010 :hug:.

im in a bit of a pickle! ive been in my shop for 5 months now and i just dont know what to do! a spa has been in touch with me offering me a job there, and because its really quiet at the shop im really tempted! is it worth my while? i mean im in trouble with bills because of how quiet it is already! i know i was guna be expecting it to be with it being january but i just dont know what to do! what would you do?

thanks in advance :rolleyes::hug:

Do you mean you've set up a Salon 5 months ago?

If that's the case, I would stay and make it work if I was you. It's going to take at least a year to make money. I think 5 months isn't long enough to be in business to be thinking of closing up shop.

If it doesn't work out (which I'm sure it will :hug:) jobs will always be there in Spas and other salons, but I think you owe it to yourself to give it your best shot, otherwise I think you'd regret that more than not accepting a job in a Spa.

Good luck :hug:

Hi, if money is the main issue have you considered going part time? You have all ready said you are finding it hard, so if you reduce your working week you can concentrate on filling those days then work else where to back you up financially. 5 months really isn't long enough to build a business you will kick yourself if you quit now.xx

There's four things that have to go into a new business

Blood
Sweat
Tears... and Time

You need to put all the hours you can into it. You'll have to make yourself available to your clients.

It will be hard work, there's no doubt about that, but it will be worth it in the end.

At the end of the day its all about money.

However, you have to work hard to build up a loyal clientele. Almost no businesses make a profit in the first few years.

Anyone you see with a profitable and successful business means that they work really hard to achieve it.

Maybe they were even working when we were sleeping. If things are really that bad financially, work part-time to fund the salon. 3 days in the salon and 3 days somewhere else? Realistically though, its best to build a business on full-time basis.

Goodluck and I hope something positive works out for you.:hug:

Latest posts

Back