Don't you just love it when clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytreats75

Reaction score
I have a client who has monthly facials with me. Im mobile, so she lets me in, i set up, she gets on the couch, and ad she does she jumps back up and says 'i need the loo!' EVERYTIME!!!!!! :mad:
Doing this once, twice maybe but everytime i go there, really????!!!!!
I then have to sit there 10mins until she returns ARRGGHHHH It drives me INSAINE lol

Whats your clients annoying habbits?

I have a client who has monthly facials with me. Im mobile, so she lets me in, i set up, she gets on the couch, and ad she does she jumps back up and says 'i need the loo!' EVERYTIME!!!!!! :mad:
Doing this once, twice maybe but everytime i go there, really????!!!!!
I then have to sit there 10mins until she returns ARRGGHHHH It drives me INSAINE lol

Whats your clients annoying habbits?

I've got one of these but it's halfway through her Gelish application. She did it about 4 times and then I'd had enough. She's on tablets so can't hold on. I now make her go before we start and it's fine.

I love the ones who can't possibly live without their phone for 45 minutes. Chat, chat, chat while I sit there waiting. I want to wring their necks.

It's silly, but it's the new ones that have never had thier nails done before. They give me one hand, whilst Thier other hand is in thier lap. So I file that hand, and then they swap and give me the other hand. So I tell them if they put both hands on the table, I will do both, otherwise I might forget to do the other hand ! Then they laugh and then keep both thier hands on the table. But there's always one that still won't play ball. :irked:

It's funny, but I'm writing a novel at the moment based in a salon. I posted a little exerpt up on Facebook, with some funny observations about clients.
One is the new client who wants her hair done identical to how her old hairdresser did it, micromanaging every hair. When questioned by our heroine, as to why she didn't just stick with her stylist, declares that she fancied a change.
The other one is the client who insists on reading magazines during her haircut, with head hunched, and flicking from side to side. When her hairdresser complains that he can't cut it with her in that position, complains that it's the only time she gets to read magazines!

Both scenarios have happened to me, and lots more besides...

Wear closed in shoes for after their pedicure appointment.
Book a wax and then shave a few days before because they were going out,so when you look there is nothing there.
Open their eyes in a lash tint just when you have positioned all the cotton wool.

Wear closed in shoes for after their pedicure appointment.
Book a wax and then shave a few days before because they were going out,so when you look there is nothing there.
Open their eyes in a lash tint just when you have positioned all the cotton wool.

Yes,yes,yes!!! I'm with you on everyone of these!!
Also the clients who sit having their nails done, one hand on their lap one in the table and whilst in the middle of shellac/polishing, & whilst proceeding to swap hands, they whack ALL THEIR NAILS on the edge if the table as they raise their hand!!!!aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Also the client that loves to wear a really fluffy top whilst having their shellac done, but oh, they dont know where all the millions of tiny microscopic fibres are coming from!!??? Ruining their manicure!!!!! 😤

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

We all have pet hates. Certain things a client will do, that makes your skin crawl, yet you have to remain the professional composure.

My number one pet peeve is when a client is receiving a relaxing/holistic treatment. And they just stare up at you, with big wide eyes. Eyes are not closed, and you can't help but question your abilities. Do I not poses the will to make this client want to close their eyes, and just relax...... ?
It's slightly off putting, as these kind of clients never blink either.

So, I'd love to know what everyone else pet peeves are when it comes to clients.
Let's vent it out! ❤️

Clients who stand in my tent after their tan and natter for ages and ages when I need to pack up and go to my next tan. But I have solved the problem now… I say, "hey, come over here and let's see what your tan looks like in the light!". That gets them out of the tent so that I can fold it away and get going.

I have a client who brings her 3 year old twins with her who either want to sit on her lap while I'm painting her gelish or play with my electric bed going up and down, up and down!!! Grrrrr!!! Makes my blood boil!!!

I have a client who constantly texts/goes on facebook/ fiddles with her phone while I do her nails, which is annoying in itself but what makes it worse is that she puts in her lap when swapping hands! So she ends up picking it back up with her freshly Gelished hand and wondering why her nails get all fluffy so I have to then spans ages picking little bits off her nails!

When a client finds your personal Facebook account. The thought of clients seeing my family/friends photos and my personal life makes me feel unsure. Yet you don't want to delete the request incase they take offence.

When friends expect you will give them free treatments.

That one drop in who tries to haggle. It's a price list for a reason!

I have one client that when I have finished her lashes stands straight up has a look then rubs her lashes really hard!!! Then complains they are falling out quick o I wonder why!! Glad to let that one out :)

It's funny, but I'm writing a novel at the moment based in a salon. I posted a little exerpt up on Facebook, with some funny observations about clients.
One is the new client who wants her hair done identical to how her old hairdresser did it, micromanaging every hair. When questioned by our heroine, as to why she didn't just stick with her stylist, declares that she fancied a change.
The other one is the client who insists on reading magazines during her haircut, with head hunched, and flicking from side to side. When her hairdresser complains that he can't cut it with her in that position, complains that it's the only time she gets to read magazines!

Both scenarios have happened to me, and lots more besides...

What a fab idea, when I used to work in a spa I often thought of noting everything down and putting it all in a book. From lying face down for a facial to a women asking if I minded her making noises whilst I massaged her. Turns out these noises were 'meowing' how I got through those 30mins I will never know. 'Meeeeoooowwww fffftt fffftt!' 😂😂

Do let me know when you finish, would love to read it.

God I'm loving this!!! The clients that mouth your sentence as you are saying it (chin going 14 /dozen) then finishes your sentence for you, when she doesn't even know what your going to say! CRINGE, totally put me off, & makes me forget what I was even talking about in the first place!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Nail clients that sit sideways in the chair with their legs crossed or sit really far away from the table " don't mind me and my back whilst I lean right over to get to you"
Or lock their fingers when filing / why do they do this!!!!

Despite being told to relax " sorry dear I find it difficult to relax"
Try working 12 hours a day fighting with clients fingers then you will not his difficult it is to relax with a locked back at the end of the day arghhhhhh

Or yesterday - new client bought her dog to my house - I have a dog and not a friendly one - am I on a different planet?????

Clients who come in with a cold/virus/something awful and contagious or infectious! Then cough into their hand instead of a tissue while you do their manicure, therefore spreading their germs to you. I always spray the hand they coughed into after every coughing session and eventually they click on and apologise. I don't want to get ill if I can help it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My pet peeve right now is a model when I was doing nail polish, bending her finger so I could apply the polish right she'd try and straighten her finger back out! Then as I tilted shed try to keep it flat 😩😩 she had terrible nails aswell cause she just pulls of acrylics (WHHYY??) So getting an even and nice polish was near impossible. -.-

I hate it when clients open their eyes just as you are waxing their eyebrows and then u get tiny bits of wax on their lashes... And the clients who insist on screwing up their faces during an eyebrows wax.. I just always politely tell them to relax their face otherwise I could take off their whole eyebrow 🙊🙊😂

I hate it when clients open their eyes just as you are waxing their eyebrows and then u get tiny bits of wax on their lashes... And the clients who insist on screwing up their faces during an eyebrows wax.. I just always politely tell them to relax their face otherwise I could take off their whole eyebrow 🙊🙊😂

People do that when you cut their fringes too! Either raise their eyebrows, or screw their faces up. I'm forever telling them to relax their brows.

Think about it- we cut your fringe to the bottom of the brow usually. Raise your eyebrows, and that froing is quite a bit shorter!!

Latest posts

Back