Don't you just love it when clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't believe this one. Last Friday, file and polish as it's her birthday. As soon as I finish and as my back is turned packing up, she pops her hand into her bag for a rummage. Every single nail is smudged and I feel like screaming.

You won't believe this one. Last Friday, file and polish as it's her birthday. As soon as I finish and as my back is turned packing up, she pops her hand into her bag for a rummage. Every single nail is smudged and I feel like screaming.

Ohhhhhh smudgers! The ones who complain because you don't have time to fix their nails as you're booked back to back (even though you told them this!)

Also, the clients who book a 10min appointment for a file & polish then stand looking at the polishes for 8mins of it!

I had one who went out to the car and came straight back in having spread her new polish all over her seatbelt. Hopeless!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

massage clients who have NO tension but say "can you feel all the knots? It's the worst back you've ever massaged isn't it?" Yawn!

I feel like saying "Oh yes it's terrible! I'd definitely recommend a course of massages, at least one per week for the next 5 years!"

Teeheehee... I think some clients like to relax but others just like to wallow for a while.

Or the ones who come in and say 'oh my skin is soooo sensitive' and you ask them why they consider their skin to be sensitive and they can't answer.

Or the ones who come in and say 'oh my skin is soooo sensitive' and you ask them why they consider their skin to be sensitive and they can't answer.

Yes yes! Then they say "I can only use water on my skin, products irritate it" - no the water is drying your skin!

I get loads of people on holiday that I do maybe once or twice a year and the appointment always starts with: So and so has been doing my hair for 20 years, it's really difficult. Don't be scared of it. I know it's really hard the first time u do someone's hair!! Drives me mad, they see I'm young and think I can't even do a blowdry and are amazed when I'm finished their 'very difficult' hair successfully lol.

I also have lots of clients who speak none or very little English and/or Spanish so I literally have to get what they want from sign language and lots of pics lol. I book 15 mins extra for these lol xxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get loads of people on holiday that I do maybe once or twice a year and the appointment always starts with: So and so has been doing my hair for 20 years, it's really difficult. Don't be scared of it. I know it's really hard the first time u do someone's hair!! Drives me mad, they see I'm young and think I can't even do a blowdry and are amazed when I'm finished their 'very difficult' hair successfully lol.

I also have lots of clients who speak none or very little English and/or Spanish so I literally have to get what they want from sign language and lots of pics lol. I book 15 mins extra for these lol xxx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Or they start with 'now then......'

'My hair has a lot of red in it....it doesn't look like it but hairdresser tell me it's unusual'

Really I thought it was blue underneath?

'My hair takes very quickly'

Yes I would suspect it did with that bleach and 60vol your last stylist used.

'I love herbal essences..... But I have greasy hair and I wash it every morning or it's just a grease pit'

Nothing to do with that half bottle of herbal essence conditioner then.

' I haven't washed my hair for 2 weeks because once my colour didn't take and my hairdresser told me it was because my hair was too clean'

'Nothing covers my grey, it's very resistant... The colour only lasts 2 weeks then I see grey'

Nothing to do with your hair growing then?

The list goes on......

Eek! I daren't go to the hairdressers now. I will make a note to say nothing when I do.

I'll sit still for 30 mins while having my nails done, then wait in the salon for 3 hours while they dry :)

Clients want French then change there mind and want a transfer or art in the colours or design you didn't take that day! Do try to take everything but it's not easy. Plus did the design a month ago, advertised on fb! But they can't find the picture or remember..
Why didn't they tell me before the appointment what they wanted! Or shellac and change there mind and want the nails a tad longer..... I didn't book that kind of appointment time wise for you! Lol this thread is awesome! Rant rant rant!

Like Nail Karma today

Client : ' I broke my nail, I really REALLY want it fixed today. But I can't find 20 mins to come to you to have it done in the next 10 hours ' :p

Client on the couch for lash treatment " can you turn off the soothing music please - makes me think of the discovery Channel "

First time for that one.

Or phone call the next day cos one lash has fallen out.

Yesterday's clients was a first time lash client, didn't know what she wanted, but wanted a cat flick, as well as a dolly lift, not too long though, but quite long so noticeable, but not really long, but not short either, wants a nice curl, but not too much curl. Quite thick looking but not over the top!
Arghhhhh

She texts me that night just updating me that they are still ok

Text this morning that one lash on the left outer corner has dropped slightly ( that will be where she has slept on it)
Could she pop over on my day off about lunchtime so I could fix it.

Funnily enough NO!!!!!

New client rings me yesterday. Boiling hot scorcher, I'm in the garden lapping it up. Can you come over this afternoon to do my nails? NO!

Call this morning from a regular: can you come over in the next half hour for a manicure? NO! I could have actually, but this is one habit I don't want her getting into.

Pedicure appointment at 11am. I'm there bang on. No answer. Phone her, number disconnected. Phone her daughter. "oh, she's moved house". Yep, thanks for letting me know. That's why I could have made the manicure appointment but no, wasn't even tempted. I went shopping instead.

Both are now re-booked for later in the week when it's hopefully s bit cooler.

LOL SIX PAGES!! I should re name this post "let it all out! How do you clients drive you mad!?"
Brilliant! Keep them coming :p

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

A client once told me she didn't want a scalp massage because it always feels like wasps in her hair. Hmmm!

I had a client last bank holiday Monday, I had planned to have the day off but she was 'desperate to have them for that week' and I had no plans that would be interrupted so I agreed. Arrived at her house and she wasn't there! Her sister said she had gone for a walk?? Wasn't answering her phone, her mum said she would keep ringing and get her to get in touch to apologise, but I've not heard from her at all. So rude. Lesson learned though, my day off is my day off no matter what!

When I did hairdressing a few years ago I was a junior and had 1 client who came in once every month to have her hair washed and straightened and she did not wash her hair ONCE in between!! She said she couldn't straighten it like I did not sure why she never washed it though but she always smelt realllllllly strongly of ciggarettes and when I washed her hair the water used to come out a yellowy browny nicotine colour and stunk of fags used to make me feel really sick!!:thumbdown:

<3 Stephanie <3

When clients ring you and ask you if you're any good at your job. No, not at all... haha x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

When clients ring you and ask you if you're any good at your job. No, not at all... haha x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get that too! I also recently had 'are you qualified darling?' I'm 34. People assume they are talking to someone very young.

Latest posts

Back