Don't you just love it when clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I'm loving this!!! The clients that mouth your sentence as you are saying it (chin going 14 /dozen) then finishes your sentence for you, when she doesn't even know what your going to say! CRINGE, totally put me off, & makes me forget what I was even talking about in the first place!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a client who always talks over me! :( I've experimented with staying silent, but she stays silent too. The moment I then begin to speak, she starts talking over me. It's a shame, as otherwise she's a really nice woman, and I enjoy doing her hair.

I have a client who brings her 3 year old twins with her who either want to sit on her lap while I'm painting her gelish or play with my electric bed going up and down, up and down!!! Grrrrr!!! Makes my blood boil!!!

This is why I have a no child policy.

Last edited:
I had a client on Thursday too who brought her wee girl along... As she was paying the little girl spied my stamp on my reception desk... And she was determined to have it. She was peeling it off the backing and everything!! And the mother wasn't doing a thing about it!!! She just laughed and said oh let her have it I'll give u the 40p... I said I don't want your money I just actually really need to get a letter sent off thank you!!

Some ppl!!!

People who move their heads constantly when having their hair cut. I had a girl who I did colour correction on the other day followed by a cut and she could not keep still. She was on her phone, reading magazines and then her boyfriend came in and she was turning her head to the side so she could talk to him. I kept telling her to keep her head straight and I'd get about 30 seconds before she was twisting again. Worst part about it is she's a hairdresser and knows how hard it is to cut hair when people wont keep still!

The wide-open eyes is a bit disconcerting......sometimes helps by saying "This treatment is all about you, and feel free to drift off to sleep......you will probably enjoy it more if you close your eyes...."
If that doesn't work, spend longer than usual on cleansing/massaging eye area - "Close your eyes now, please, while I work on this area.."
And if that doesn't work? Well, it's their treatment, and they may just feel more comfortable like that.

I once had a client who wouldn't take her trousers off for a leg wax...she insisted on pulling the legs of her trousers up to her knees..I do believe if I wasn't a fast waxer she may have amputated her leg...

I've tried everything with clients who like to keep their eyes open.
It's just they like to stare up at me or watch me.
To be fair I've only 2 clients that do this, all the rest snore their heads off.
So you can't help but wonder why these two just wanna stare you out. 🙈

Watching TV and craning their necks to see round me whilst I fight to get their hands or feet into position!

And the client I had yesterday who sat there sipping her nice cold g&t whilst I did her pedi, without so much as offering me a glass of water!

Oh the joys of being mobile!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients that involve themselves far too soon in the bikini wax! I cannot abide people stretching without my say so I always tell them I will put you where I need to if I need to...then the hand wonders down and they moan because of the wax on their fingers!!! Grrrrrrr remove your hands your throwing off my waxing mojo!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

People that look at their hands every time you finish filing a nail or painting it.

Watching TV and craning their necks to see round me whilst I fight to get their hands or feet into position!

And the client I had yesterday who sat there sipping her nice cold g&t whilst I did her pedi, without so much as offering me a glass of water!

Oh the joys of being mobile!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

This reminds me of a pamper party I did, 15 mini manis and a few pedis, it was the hottest day for decades, and everyone was sitting around drinking cool iced drinks, and not one person offered me anything. I actually thought I was going to die..

I hardly do mobile now, but if that happens again, on a warm day, I would take a bottle of water with me for certain.

God I'm loving this!!! The clients that mouth your sentence as you are saying it (chin going 14 /dozen) then finishes your sentence for you, when she doesn't even know what your going to say! CRINGE, totally put me off, & makes me forget what I was even talking about in the first place!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have one of these too. I have her every 5 weeks and have been seeing her for 10 years. Still the same.

Clients who spend 10 minutes in your treatment room fixing their hair and putting on makeup after a treatment. There goes my five minute turn around...!

As frustrating and annoying these habits are ... And so rude (not being offered a drink!!!!!) this thread has made me chuckle... Thanks girls :D x

This reminds me of a pamper party I did, 15 mini manis and a few pedis, it was the hottest day for decades, and everyone was sitting around drinking cool iced drinks, and not one person offered me anything. I actually thought I was going to die..

I hardly do mobile now, but if that happens again, on a warm day, I would take a bottle of water with me for certain.

That's horrendous!

Many years ago it was seen as the height of rudeness not to offer guests in your home a drink and something to eat.

Both of my Nan's said that during the wartime people would do this as you would hate the thought of someone in your home hungry or without food. People had little but it was shared.

I have a friend who raises her eyebrows just as im about to put the wax on!! I tell her off & she still does it!!
The client who lean their hands against their face just as youve scrub freshed their nails!!
The ones who move when you are doing the intricate nail aet they have requested
The clients who bitch about their previous therapist & you know a few months down the line you are going to be the one whos being bitched about...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

The ones who talk (and whose faces move a lot when doing so) when you are trying to put shields on for a lash tint.

I nearly had to stop a service a couple of weeks ago due to this (the shields just kept coming off) she also said her last therapist also found it an issue with her talking.

i actually love this thread haha i dont even know where to start lol

I had a client that used to only request me to do her lash and brow tint...and after being rude to a colleague she had to have me. As an "Artist darling" I had to mix the tint in front of her to show her the shade her brows would be, no amount of explaining as it develops it changes made a difference. Door had to be wide open, music off and I had to make sure there was enough natural light so she could see them(she complained about the lack of windows in my room). Demanded I tint her eyes open with a mascara brush as it was the only way to tint the bottom (I always get the bottom lashes)..no amount of explaining to this woman made it sink in and it always took an hour! I became magically booked up after her last visit when she stumbled in demanding the best facial to make her look younger and said she would only pay if she liked it...all whilst stinking off booze! Ain't no lash and brow tint worth that I needed therapy after each visit lol!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back