Don't you just love it when clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When clients rock up 5/10mins late and says, oh phew I AM on time. I thought I was going to be late...

Stylist in my work had a client come 20 minutes late the other day for a cut and blow and her reason was "oh I got caught up in the solar eclipse"
Defos one of my favourite late arrival reasons so far lol

When clients book their next. Appointment, when asked if there wanting a cut and blow dry after their colour ,they say ERM not sure I'll let you know on the day....... NO don't work like that Mrs...😭

Stylist in my work had a client come 20 minutes late the other day for a cut and blow and her reason was "oh I got caught up in the solar eclipse"
Defos one of my favourite late arrival reasons so far lol

Ive had 'i was eating my tea".... "i was talking to my sister... and... "i had to put the lottery on"

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I hate it when they book and there at the desk but sort of start manoeuvering there way round and then point at what they think is a time slot on a busy day and then i have to POINT out a 15 min line is not enough for a one hour facial!

When your fully booked and they ask can you come in early/ stay behind to do them.

And this is another major bugbear of mine and sorry to be crude but we have a lot of clients who say "i'll just nip to loo" and dont come back for ten mins and when they do come back they say "ooh sorry had to take a phone call". The smell in the toilet tells a different story however..... :eek:

Getting a lot of clients
Lately looking down at their phones when trying to do their hair.

Water drying the skin?!

Yes the PH of tap water isn't right for the skin, it unbalances the skin's protective acid mantle

When clients call from another state trying to get in for cup season and demand a stylist comes in early on a day where they are already scheduled to be working 12 hours because they can't make it 15 minutes later because they might miss their makeup appointment across the road. Only wanting blow wave and ghd curls. So it shouldn't bother us. XD.

Oh and when they are late but then say "I need to be out of here 15 mind before you've planned finishing."

I had this lady want a perm. Showed up almost an hour late. Then when I say something to my classmate and she goes off about not having time.
Oh or the lady who a blow dryer as high as it it could go was freezing.
Or the lady who thinks she knows more then me about shampoos

We had a client the other day complaining about the blow dryer being too drying for her hair and asked if we could turn the heat off.

I love it when clients take an awful amount of time to choose a nail polish color, I mean, this is a salon dear, we have other customers to tend to as well... And when they DO decide a color, midway the clients say "oh you know what, I actually liked this color better".

When your clients think you are doing nothing else that evening but their nails and are late EVERY time!!! When you've applied the base coat of shellac and cured it and they think it's ok to keep putting thier hand on their lap and running it through their hair. When they're talking to the their friend when you're trying to paint their nails and they keep laughing/jogging you then say "whoops you've gone over" or when they want to look at the colour you're putting on their thumb and keep lifting it up, constantly having to say "RELAX YOUR THUMB" - my nan is the worst at that hehe.

What about when client has been sitting doing nothing for processing and as soon as you want to shampoo they ask to move their car or go to the bathroom.

When a client finds your personal Facebook account. The thought of clients seeing my family/friends photos and my personal life makes me feel unsure. Yet you don't want to delete the request incase they take offence.

That one drop in who tries to haggle. It's a price list for a reason!

I add them then put on limited profile and if they ask how little photos I have just say im not that into fb.
And the haggling!!! How rude!
I had a client who was doing This after a full set of nails!!! Rude!

Sent from my D5833 using SalonGeek mobile app

A client came in yesterday and handed us over a bottle of Pantene for us to use in the salon saying it was a shame to waste it but it didn't suit her hair type [emoji23] we politely said Thankyou and put it straight in the bin when she left lol, why would she think we'd use Pantene on clients [emoji85]

massage clients who have NO tension but say "can you feel all the knots? It's the worst back you've ever massaged isn't it?" Yawn!

I feel like saying "Oh yes it's terrible! I'd definitely recommend a course of massages, at least one per week for the next 5 years!"

Teeheehee... I think some clients like to relax but others just like to wallow for a while.

Ha this cracks me up!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I looovvee clients who no more about your job than you possibly ever could! And I love love love clients who have book a late evening appointment and I am there until midnight for a frigging pedicure! 4 hours! With her faffing around with whatever and her children ruining my stuff...

New client rings me yesterday. Boiling hot scorcher, I'm in the garden lapping it up. Can you come over this afternoon to do my nails? NO!

Call this morning from a regular: can you come over in the next half hour for a manicure? NO! I could have actually, but this is one habit I don't want her getting into.

Pedicure appointment at 11am. I'm there bang on. No answer. Phone her, number disconnected. Phone her daughter. "oh, she's moved house". Yep, thanks for letting me know. That's why I could have made the manicure appointment but no, wasn't even tempted. I went shopping instead.

Both are now re-booked for later in the week when it's hopefully s bit cooler.

My gosh I can totally relate to this! And good on you for sticking to your guns and saying no!

I was looking forward to my weekend on Friday and thought a my clients were done for the day... phew relax for the next two days but that was soon shattered checked my inbox on fb 'can you come a bit earlier tonight?' What! Apparently we'd booked an appointment when I last saw her because she said 'oh I like the sounds of your special offer' the mind boggles!!

Love it when (last night) a client messages me on Facebook at quarter to midnight to ask if I can do her nails today ie Sunday!

Latest posts

Back