Dotting tool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierra2006

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Please dont call me thick but what is a dotting tool?? And how would you use one for smile lines.

I am ok with smile lines but just been reading previous posts and you can perfect with the dotting tool but I thought this was for putting gems on etc.

Sorry for being a thicko!!!
Thanks.:rolleyes:

Hey your not thick ! Dotting tools can be used for applying gem, I use them for drawing nail art ( dipping in the colour and using liike a pen ) and have used them for doing gel smiles, again, like using a pen, dip it in the gel and draw the smile, you have to be a bit careful with this as sometimes it can go a bit thick xxx

Thanks for clearing that up!!!
I think I will prob just stick to my usual way for smile lines,
Thanks for your help :lol:

really good for swirling gel colours together to creat a marbelised pattern before curing too.

Thanks for clearing that up!!!
I think I will prob just stick to my usual way for smile lines,
Thanks for your help :lol:

Hi, they can also be called a marbling tool, if you have perfected your smile lines then I would probably just stick with that, but i find this method very good when applying white gel to a natural short free edge, if you do gel give it a try. xx

Hi, they can also be called a marbling tool, if you have perfected your smile lines then I would probably just stick with that, but i find this method very good when applying white gel to a natural short free edge, if you do gel give it a try. xx

yes, proper handy for doing a white free edge on toes too where its tricky to use a brush.

Thanks for your replies, I was just wondering does it scag the gel if you get wot I mean or will the gel just merge together once you have used it?
I think I will invest and have a little play, thanks for your help. x

scag ???????????:confused:

Not sure if you have craft stores overseas, but here you can get "dotting" tools in craft stores. A lot cheaper that way.

Latest posts

Back