Down there 'facials'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
im only posting this as i have just read an article on this trend in the usa and was wondering if anyone here does it or has experience of it. i can understand why women and men would want it but whether it would sell in the uk or not im not sure. what are your thoughts on the down there facial?

There called vajacials xx

Search it there was a post about it a while ago :)

Certainly puts a new spin on the male facial enquiry debate :D he he he

i did a search and nothing came up but if you can find the post and link it i would love a read. forevervodka it does doesnt it!

They've been around for years and in reality, nobody would pay to have them done. I have a client who's skin on her pubic region really improved by cleansing, toning and moisturising.

Yes I can't imagine many being prepared to spend good money on it. To me it just sounds like something someone has made up for a few extra quid.

So in that spirit I hereby trademark the new treatments I have invented, the boob manicure, and cankle-candling.

You heard it here first!!!

J

I don't think I'd want anyone massaging my lady garden!
Maybe good to do courses though and teach men how to do it to their partners :wink2:

I don't think I'd want anyone massaging my lady garden!
Maybe good to do courses though and teach men how to do it to their partners :wink2:

Haha I'm with you on both of those points ;) lol x

Read this today on daily mail aswell. Now every 4 weeks i get it all waxed bare. And i always get ingrown hairs and sort of like bumps (spots) so its is definitely looking like a warzone down there. Either my therapist is no good? Im not an expert on intimate waxing or its normal to have problems. I would definitley have a facial down there if i knew it would stop the problems. Might have to try cleansing and see what happens. I dont know.

Read this today on daily mail aswell. Now every 4 weeks i get it all waxed bare. And i always get ingrown hairs and sort of like bumps (spots) so its is definitely looking like a warzone down there. Either my therapist is no good? Im not an expert on intimate waxing or its normal to have problems. I would definitley have a facial down there if i knew it would stop the problems. Might have to try cleansing and see what happens. I dont know.

Do you use any after care products? And what type of wax is used strip or non strip?

Amelia take a look at ministry of waxing, they offer their own after care range and are supposed to be good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It's often but not always down to aftercare. You need to exfoliate and moisturise.

She doesnt tell me what to do after nor recommend any products. Iv only just started exfoliating down there recently. Also its strip wax not hot wax? I know on this site people say use hot wax but i thought thats just to lessen the pain?

She doesnt tell me what to do after nor recommend any products. Iv only just started exfoliating down there recently. Also its strip wax not hot wax? I know on this site people say use hot wax but i thought thats just to lessen the pain?
I can always tell just by looking whether someone has been waxed by hit wax or strip wax. After strip waxing, the skin can look quite congested with dark marks and hairs growing underneath the skin, but not necessarily ingrown.

I recommend A Bit Of Rough - Japanese Style Wash Cloth or a dry body brush, then baby oil.

Yeh i have loads of dark marks and im quite tired of it actually and yeh i have hair growing underneath the surface but its not ingrown. So would exfoliating and moisturising sort it out? Its strip wax is that ok or find a therapist who uses hot wax?

Also iv started adding shower gel to a body brush and brushing it in the shower is that enough? Whats different with the japanese wash cloth?

Also iv started adding shower gel to a body brush and brushing it in the shower is that enough? Whats different with the japanese wash cloth?

I absolutely love my Japenese wash cloth.Its long and scarf like so you can hold it at both ends and scrub it right the way up your body and really do your back.You can also use it like a scrunchy type exfoliator as it goes down to nothing and is very lightweight.Also very easy to keep clean and very quick to dry.
Its very exfoliating but extremely gentle you can't make your skin sore with it.which you probably can with a brush.A brush is also harder to clean this can just go in the washing machine.
Best exfoliator I've ever come across very also strong and good quality.

Latest posts

Back