Dragging nail art!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
:irked: i am gettin soooooo fed up of dragging my nail art every time i apply the top coat.I have tried using both normal stripers and water based ones and waiting for what feels like forever before applying a top coat and its still smudging!!! arrrghhh.

Also i have tried the tecnique of "floating" the top coat which to be fair helps alittle but isnt always the case.Plus when ur next client is sat waiting and staring at you,you feel the need to rush alittle!

I have already done a search of the forum and not really come up with anything,i know the air dryers dont work as the only way to really dry polish is to cut off the oxygen (with oil) but how can i do that when i want to apply a top coat?!?!?

Please help before the big vien in my head explodes!!!!

Hi , what stripers do you use ?, I find the cheap ones from china, do streak, I personally use water based acrylic paints for all my artwork, and have never once had a problem with putting a topcoat on after, you could premix some colours to the right consistancy and put them in your old striping bottles, or just mix as you need basis hth :hug:

I have only just started to get into the nail art thing, i dont have any probs...

I use good old poster paint & top coat it, it dries really quick, by the time ive done 2 its dry enough to coat.

HTH's

yep, waterbased acrylic paints does the trick for me too, and make sure your brush is fully loaded with top-coat before putting it on the nail. It will probably strike nomatter the quality, if you go over and over again...

Some advice I have been given on this site is use a good quality top coat as I have found through experience cheaper ones can cause the nail art to smudge & smear. HTH. x

I also use water based acrylic paint, then load my top coat brush quite full I have never had a problem with that.

whether it be acrylic paint or polish strippers, if it's not fully dry it will drag. It may be dry on the top but the underneath layer may not and this will/can cause the dragging effect. Try thinner applications of the paints/stripper. Top coats do make a difference aswell. See if you nail art supplier has a top coat designed to go over art work.

Hiya guys,

I have had this problem too. At the moment, I'm putting top coat on the polish and then painting on my nail art with no top coat on, although I obviously would not advise this to anyone, it's only on my practice nails! I just can't seem to stop mine dragging, no matter what.

I first used water based paints, but that dragged. So I used striper paints, then left to dry for 24 hours :eek: as I though it could be a drying problem, but that didn't make a difference (and surely I shouldn't need to leave it for that long?!). So I changed my top coat, bought an Xtreme Nails Tough Chip Resistant top coat, and again it dragged. :rolleyes: So I changed my polish this time! I spent some spare pennies on some Attitude nail polishes, :green: which I absolutely luv! But again, it's still dragging (only the nail art though)! So I'm at a loss at the mo, not looking good for when I'm qualified! :sad:

D* xXx

P.s. sorry that doesn't help at all, just thought you'd like to know you're not on your own!

Hi ,
don't despair, I had the same problems as you, but found something that works for me. I found that MANICARE high shine top coat does not drag, so my first layer of top coat is that one, after that I use Bourjois Innovation top coat, it has a very wide brush, actually 2 brushes that are side by side and dries quickly. Here in Australia they are both available at your every day department store.

Good luck

But you can't get that in the UK! :cry: it's getting worse!

D* xXx

But you can't get that in the UK! :cry: it's getting worse!

D* xXx
Maybe you could get those topcoats online somewhere, ie pharmacy websites.

I'll have a look, good idea! It might be easier for me to get the Bourjois one! Thanks! :green:

D* xXx

I used to use Star Nails Nail Art sealer as its nice and thick and it does float above nail art.

Emma where in Tenerife. If you write to me at e-mail [email protected] or Tel:
922 784 326 I will tell you wwhat I have always used. Have been on the island 7 years
and always find nail enamel takes a lot longer to dry out here
So either ring me or e-mail

Jenny

I used to use Star Nails Nail Art sealer as its nice and thick and it does float above nail art.

Excellent idea! I'll get hold of this, like, now! May be easier to find than the other one! :green:

D* xXx

hit it quick with a hair dryer.
i've been doing it that way for 20 years.

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Latest posts

Back