Driving Home for Christmas ......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
After posting on a Christmas thread I had to listen to this on Youtube ....I love it and am having a little, sentimentally indulgent, boo-hoo!

What's your favourite Christmas song?

The original Band Aid,do they know it's Christmas!
Will always remind me of me and my sister driving down to see my grandparents 200miles away on Christmas morning,and having it in repeat and singing it ALL the way down!! Wonderful memories!xxxx

Driving home for Christmas and Fairytale of New York are THE only Christmas songs for me.

I'll Be Home for Christmas by Johnny Mathis...my absolute favorite.

I'm feeling a bit weepy this holiday season since I'm spending it without my son for the first time. Part of growing up I suppose. Me...not him. LOL

War is Over by John Lennon or Last Christmas by Wham!

I love them both.

Ooooo, Last Christmas by Wham....Love that song.

I like the pogues 'fairytale of new York' or Mariah Carey 'all I want for Christmas'

I'm feeling a bit weepy this holiday season since I'm spending it without my son for the first time. Part of growing up I suppose. Me...not him. LOL

:hug: Ahhh, I have to share my children with their dad every other christmas, it kills me!!

Im more hysterical rather than weepy!!!

Its my turn this year, soooo excited!!

Much love to you Tammie xxx

:hug: Ahhh, I have to share my children with their dad every other christmas, it kills me!!

Im more hysterical rather than weepy!!!

Its my turn this year, soooo excited!!

Much love to you Tammie xxx

I feel so bad for being such a baby then, Katty. At least I had my son with me every year up until now...no sharing. And his girlfriend is probably the girl he will marry and she is wonderful, so I'm happy for him.

I apologize for being such a big cry baby. Enjoy Christmas with your babies.

Fairy tale of new York :) x

I feel so bad for being such a baby then, Katty. At least I had my son with me every year up until now...no sharing. And his girlfriend is probably the girl he will marry and she is wonderful, so I'm happy for him.

I apologize for being such a big cry baby. Enjoy Christmas with your babies.

Dont be sorry, and you're not being a cry baby you are being a good mum.

Its really hard for you cos its the first time, the first time I had to hand them over on Christmas Eve was the worst feeling ever, not saying its not hard every other year now but Ive resigned myself to the fact its happening and I dont have a choice.

You have had him with you every Christmas so its gonna be hard for you, and I really feel for you, you are allowed to be weepy, its all about being a mum!! xxxxx

Fairytale of New York for me too, it doesn't start to feel Christmassy until I hear that one!

Feliz Navidad

Spent seven Christmases in Mexico when working on a ship. Good times and just brings back memories :):biggrin:

Vicki xx

Feliz Navidad

Spent seven Christmases in Mexico when working on a ship. Good times and just brings back memories :):biggrin:

Vicki xx

Oh my goodness! Me also, thanks for the memory. Visited Mexico and Cuba at Xmas, heard it many times

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Big hugs special lady. You never know they might turn up on the doorstep because missing mums cooking, cocktails and family love x

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Definitely the Pogues!

My last trip to see himself's family in Galway Ireland, I spent the whole day when we visited Galway Bay trying to remember what song I was singing! :smack:

Defo Driving home for Christmas. I love when it's nearing the big day and it's a dark night and I'm driving from the city home. I always put that song on and image all the families hurrying to their loved ones :) xxx

Big hugs special lady. You never know they might turn up on the doorstep because missing mums cooking, cocktails and family love x

from Debbie's HTC Sense

One can always hope for a Christmas miracle, right Debbie?

Shakin Stevens- merry Christmas everyone all the way !!!!! I love it close second wham- last Christmas

Kat xoxo

Oooh! Not forgetting the wonderful Ms Hyndes' "2000 Miles" !

Latest posts

Back