Dry/cracked/sore hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously wouldn't recommend putting Vaseline on your hands. The best place for Vaseline is in the bin! Applying Vaseline to any dry area will cause it to dry out even more because it contains PETROL!
The best cream I have found is from body shop and is called hemp hand cream. You can buy gloves to wear with the cream at night but after even a few applications you will be sure to see a difference x

Oh I'm feeling for you! This happens to me too! Very painful, weepy, itchy, cracked especially around knuckles etc. fortunately Ive been in the tropics now for over 10 years and believe it or not I no longer get it! Though I spent 4 weeks in Europe over December a couple of years back and within 3 days it came rushing back worse than ever!

My condition was diagnosed as dermatitis and I also suffer eczema under the same conditions specifically cold weather or over exposure to water. I've used many methods potions and lotions and found that only a prescriptive coitoisone creamed used spareingly, but regularly, truely helped. Anything else made it worse or extremely painful with stinging etc the only other thing I found helped me was a room temperature salt water hand bath every night, specifically ocean water but assume salt added to water may be near enough! Also wearing cotton gloves under rubber gloves etc helps as too wearing them at night after coitoisone application plus it helps stop you scratching as much! Also try to avoid hot hot showers and heaters that blow hot air as they only add to the aggregation by drying out the skin, I know this sounds impossible in winter but it is part of the problem :(

Sorry for long post! Hope you find a solution fast! I'd recommend to see a dermatologist too. x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back