Dry/cracked/sore hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutiekats

Reaction score
hi skin geeks
I was wondering if any one could give some advice about my hands.. I have very dry hands, they are cracking bleeding (they are itchy but not bleeding from this i don't scratch till they bleed)and they are burning red raw after having a shower or putting them in water.. I have to say i used to suffer from eczema when i was a kid on my back, but this only happens to my hands in the winter i know it cant be from washing up and things like that because in the summer they are fine. is driving me mad. i have creams from doctors but they sting like mad and i want to cry. so i have been using sudocream cools them down.. My hands are so ugly..
I tried taking a picture but it wasnt clear enough..
Can any one please give me advice on what they think i should use or what it is thats causing it

Have you tried leaving the sudocrem on overnight with some cotton gloves on?

I believe it works wonders.

Have you tried leaving the sudocrem on overnight with some cotton gloves on?

I believe it works wonders.
no i haven't will try though thanks

i suffer from stress dermatitis and it sounds like you have dermatitis , i don`t bother going the docs now i just use e45 cream. but i smother my hands in it at night time cos your skin dries out more during the night. you need to reapply everytime you`ve been in water till your hands calm down and where your gloves when you go out side to protect from the cold, i sound like my mum there lol hth:hug:

Was about to suggest you may have dermititis and should try using E45 cream, but Jo-Anne beat me to it.

Was about to suggest you may have dermititis and should try using E45 cream, but Jo-Anne beat me to it.

thanks i will have to get some of it i used to use it ages ago but since i moved to cyprus havent been to get any (5 years) lol.. i have used eucerin and neutrogena which i think are brill but like i said it stings so bad when i put them on i avoid them ...but i have to just take the pain i think rather than having ugly hands

thanks again

my friend is in a wheelchair, and her hands are like this. She uses Gewhol medicated salve (for feet). She swears by it.

I know it may sound extreme, but have you tried using a barrier cream too.. when working, or just all day long?

Deb do a great range.

Do you have a Lush shop in Cyprus hun?

Do you have a Lush shop in Cyprus hun?

Hi
Really couldnt answer that.... But i am coming to uk in a few days
What do they have that can help my hands?
Thanks

I would suggest using Alvanatural Gardeners hand balm.This is especially for sore,dry,cracked hands.

I would cake it on,massage well,then either use heated mitts or cover a hot water bottle with a towel,place your hands into 2 sandwhich/freezer bags then place on top of hot water bottle,get someone to then place towel on top of hands so that they are enveloped in the heated towel,sit back and relax whilst watching TV.

The heat will help the product penetrate deeper into the skin.

You could try having a warm oil treatment or a parrafin wax treatment although if the skin was especially cracked or bleeding this could be a contra-indication to treatment.

T tree do an excellent hand cream that would also be beneficial,as does Nailtiques,T tree has antiseptic qualities though so I would lean more towards this than the Nailtiques,especially if your hands are cracked.

Try to avoid any perfumed products and use a detergent especially for sensitive skins.Try to wear cotton gloves inside rubber gloves whenever carrying out household chores.Have a look at if you are using anything different that could cause this reaction.HTH

I would suggest using Alvanatural Gardeners hand balm.This is especially for sore,dry,cracked hands.

I would cake it on,massage well,then either use heated mitts or cover a hot water bottle with a towel,place your hands into 2 sandwhich/freezer bags then place on top of hot water bottle,get someone to then place towel on top of hands so that they are enveloped in the heated towel,sit back and relax whilst watching TV.

The heat will help the product penetrate deeper into the skin.

You could try having a warm oil treatment or a parrafin wax treatment although if the skin was especially cracked or bleeding this could be a contra-indication to treatment.

T tree do an excellent hand cream that would also be beneficial,as does Nailtiques,T tree has antiseptic qualities though so I would lean more towards this than the Nailtiques,especially if your hands are cracked.

Try to avoid any perfumed products and use a detergent especially for sensitive skins.Try to wear cotton gloves inside rubber gloves whenever carrying out household chores.Have a look at if you are using anything different that could cause this reaction.HTH
Wow Thanks will try it out

...and the simplest answer to this????

VASELINE!!!!

I too, suffer from very dry hands in winter. Iv tried all sorts in the past, but you know what? there is nothing like good oldfasioned vaseline. it really does wonders.

Just before you go to bed, apply a lot of Vas, be generous with it, protect your hands and your sheets from the Vas with white protecting gloves, you can buy them in Boots. If you dont wake up the next morning with softer lovelier hands, then still dont despair, continue to do it each night, and see the results. If there is no change, there is something more serious abviously.

But give it a go, so simple so good.

Also, try and have Parfine Wax treatment, lovley!!!

Hope iv helped

VASELINE!!!!

I too, suffer from very dry hands in winter. Iv tried all sorts in the past, but you know what? there is nothing like good oldfasioned vaseline. it really does wonders.

Just before you go to bed, apply a lot of Vas, be generous with it, protect your hands and your sheets from the Vas with white protecting gloves, you can buy them in Boots. If you dont wake up the next morning with softer lovelier hands, then still dont despair, continue to do it each night, and see the results. If there is no change, there is something more serious abviously.

Hope iv helped

Thanks for advice but i have tried this one and it doesnt work for me... thanks anyway
xx

VASELINE!!!!

Yep i second vaseline because it works or me and various other people i know i just love vaseline...well not for everything!

The best thing for hands that are so damaged is salveation by mama nature. I use it with cotton mits every night and it has healed my cracked skin (my hands bled and wept and were red raw) and protected my hand from more damage. I got it recommended by a make up artist who works with the celebs. She really knows her stuff.

This is going to sound bizarre but use at thick layer of Kamillosan ( get it in boots for sore cracked nipples,) smells not that great but uber effective and use cotton mits at night and I found a thick layer of Nivea is also really good, I had dermatitis and this is the only relief.

Hope they are better soon!

VASELINE!!!!

Hope iv helped

Honestly try this!! I do pedicures for a regular client, and i have never had to remove hard skin from her feet. Her hands and feet feel like babies and she's nearly 50 year old. She religiously applies vaseline to her hands and feet every night, and sleeps in socks and gloves.

Its worth a try :) and its so cheap to buy aswell xxx

Latest posts

Back