Dry knotty hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
hi fellow geeks i have had some extensions put in just over 2 weeks ago for a wedding as i couldent be bothered to do my own as this takes me ages thay r pre bonded and thay have gone realy dry and knotty i have to brush them every half a hour and am unable to ware them down i was told to use pantene pro v repare and protect conditioner which after my first was i new to be a big mistake is there any way to bring the hair bask from the dead or should i give up and take them all out and put my own back in?

thanks in advance x

It's difficult to say without a bit more info. What brand are they? How were the applied? Ie glued/microrings etc? Afro hair or Caucasian? Did you have it done at a reputable salon? If so you could go back there and explain the problem, they should sort it out for you. It could be that the extensions cuticles are not all facing the same way, ie when your hair grows naturally the cuticles face one direction, however if the extensions are not laid the same direction they will matt quickly. Also I have never heard of pantene being recommended!! X

It's difficult to say without a bit more info. What brand are they? How were the applied? Ie glued/microrings etc? Afro hair or Caucasian? Did you have it done at a reputable salon? If so you could go back there and explain the problem, they should sort it out for you. It could be that the extensions cuticles are not all facing the same way, ie when your hair grows naturally the cuticles face one direction, however if the extensions are not laid the same direction they will matt quickly. Also I have never heard of pantene being recommended!! X

thats what i thought i heard pantene stripes the bonds it was colour 27 nail tipped not sure of the make but it was a black and gold pack i would go back but i live to far away from where i had them done i have had a similar problem before with hair trade coz it was cheep but i cant be sure what make these were thay cost £350 i few years ago i had some for £400 and thay lasted 3 months its just dishartning :sad:

Hi

I would never use pantene on hair let alone extensions it adds a layer of silicone to the hair and as soon as heat ie hairdryer straightenrs the silicone melts and knots ure hair hence y your extensions are the way they are xx

oww poo looks like ill have to bite the bullet and get some more maby celebrity elite and put them in my self to keep costs doen would b good test for the hair quality

Lush Us Uk do a fabulous protein spray and revitaliser which seem to bring most extension hair back to life!!! I would advise all of my clients to use good aftercare products designed specifically for the type of hair extensions, i really think this should be normal practice for all technicians. Stay clear of x10 as I've had bad experiences with them drying hair out. it sounds like the problem here isn't necessarily the hair that was fitted but the products you have used. i hope you get sorted

well i put a intence conditioner on for an hour it is a lot better but still very matted and knottie at ends i have treated my self to the pureology hydrate range to try but have any of you tried the connect 2 hair aftercare range?

Hi,
If the hair is knotting up that you have to keep brusing it up like that, its obviously not cuticle correct, so it will continue to back comb itself,with no input from you.No amount of wonder product will help it,maybe smooth it out for a short while, by coating the cuticle, so that they run smoother against each other.
I would only ever recommend my clients not to use pantene,and to only use hair extension products.
If I were you I would get in touch with the person who fitted them ASAP.
What did they sell you? how long did they say the should last? and i would also be asking why she told you to use pantene on them?
Not forgetting that sometimes an extension technician can buy hair in good faith,and have no knowledge that it has matted up etc, it only takes 1 stray hair to be turned,and this can matt up a whole bunch of it.So they might not be aware of the situation youre in? and if thats the case,they will thank you for telling them.See what they say and take it from there.
Kate x

well i told her and she said she wanted me to be happy but to make sure i use pantene and let her no in a few weeks :|

Hi
Sorry to but my nose in.when I have had extensions that even after using product that came with then still was full of knots. I found that using joico silk it was like silk.also kerstase marrocoan (don't think spelt right) oil it. Was okay to put as long as not on bond.hope that helps:Love:

Latest posts

Back