dry split skin and cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
as you may know, ive been suffering with damaged nails since jan this year, finally the vertical splits and onycholysis seems to be almost gone, two nails have tiny bit left at end, rest are so much stronger and better now phew took long enough lol

but.... this last few weeks ive noticed, lots of split skin around my nails and even few that look like hangnails, and my cuticles seem to be growing very quickly and i have needed regular manicures (i dont cut them btw incase thats what your thinking) i just use cuticle remover and pushie to remove it, but its always back again within few days, but i dont understand why im getting split dry skin around nails? im not using water or detergent more , so any ideas, and what can i do to help it, i use solar oil regularly, so any other ideas, my books are unreachable at the moment, so cant have nosey through to look for suggestions.

thanks

Nicky xx

Hi Nicky

You can't overdo the oil imho. It sounds like you're really dehydrated. Be careful not to leave the cuticle remover on too long that could have a detrimental effect.

You could do a hot oil treatment every week, soaking the nails in warmed oil for 15 minutes or so. hth x

I would recommend you regularly use Creative Cuticle Eraser as well as Solar Oil, using the two together acts like a shampoo and conditioner for the nails and surrounding skin.
With regular use of Cuticle Eraser you should start to see an amazing difference in cuticle build-up within a few days.

Cuticle Eraser® - CND

WHAT IT IS:
An alpha-hydroxy cuticle treatment.

WHAT IT DOES:
A blend of alpha-hydroxy acids (A.H.A.'s) to micro exfoliate cuticles and condition nail plate and surrounding skin.

WHY YOU NEED IT:
To help prevent cuticle build-up. Condition skin and prevent hangnails.

hth's

Hi Nicky

You can't overdo the oil imho. It sounds like you're really dehydrated. Be careful not to leave the cuticle remover on too long that could have a detrimental effect.

You could do a hot oil treatment every week, soaking the nails in warmed oil for 15 minutes or so. hth x
right will try warm oil then tonight, ta hun

I would recommend you regularly use Creative Cuticle Eraser as well as Solar Oil, using the two together acts like a shampoo and conditioner for the nails and surrounding skin.
With regular use of Cuticle Eraser you should start to see an amazing difference in cuticle build-up within a few days.

Cuticle Eraser® - CND

WHAT IT IS:
An alpha-hydroxy cuticle treatment.

WHAT IT DOES:
A blend of alpha-hydroxy acids (A.H.A.'s) to micro exfoliate cuticles and condition nail plate and surrounding skin.

WHY YOU NEED IT:
To help prevent cuticle build-up. Condition skin and prevent hangnails.

hth's

well , thats another reason for me to get on the foundation course then innit lol, then i can purchase some of this, will speak to manchester asap, and get something booked

thanks for help girls xxxx

well , thats another reason for me to get on the foundation course then innit lol, then i can purchase some of this, will speak to manchester asap, and get something booked
You don't need to be trained by Creative to buy Cuticle Eraser, give Manchester a call and they'll help you regarding ordering and what's required.

Are your cuticles soft when they gro up nicki or quite hard? How often are you using cuticle oil?

I only tend to use cuticle eraser for general manicure clients, but am now thinking would this be any benefit to enhancement clients too?

Are your cuticles soft when they gro up nicki or quite hard? How often are you using cuticle oil?

I only tend to use cuticle eraser for general manicure clients, but am now thinking would this be any benefit to enhancement clients too?

they are quite hard theresa, very dry and almost sharp when you feel the bits sticking up if that makes sense, i use my solar oil every day mostly twice a day,

xx

I have a client like this to but the pattern seems to be that she has cuticle problems when her hormones are playing up and are alot better when her hormones are under control. She is an avid solar oil fan too.

I totally agree with Valencian, give Creative's cuticle eraser a try. It really works. Also, try not to use cuticle remover more than once a week. It could dry you out and drink a lot of water.

Latest posts

Back