Dyshidrosis/pompholyx skin condition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Doctor diagnosed me yesterday and said it was due to stress. I am a little stressed but it came on all of a sudden. Strange. Anyway I'm using the cream he prescribed but it's still unbelievably sore and the blisters and itchy too. You can't actually see it as great in the pictures but it is rather irritating and painful.

Just wondered if anyone has suffered withit and if they found anything to clear it up or at least ease it?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277103.612049.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277103.612049.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3,173
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277113.678232.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277113.678232.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 6,296
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277138.195093.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277138.195093.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,560
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277185.243253.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358277185.243253.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 6,221
What products do you use.Gel particularly bio sculpture and certain essential oils particularly lavender bring my daughters up.Also if spraytan runs on her hands.She wears gloves for most things now and cannot use Decleor anymore and has given up bio.she only got it about two years ago when she was about 19.
She has it under control now but it started on her hands as blisters then eventually over time went up her arms like more ordinary eczema.It comes up more when stressed it helps when its bad to put cortisone cream on it let that soak in and then put double base cream on top and wrap it over night.wrapping also stops you scratching it at night.

Cnd, shellac, tan, wax, tints... The usual. I wear gloves religiously except with acrylic and shellac. But I've always used these?

My first thought was over exposure but I'm really rather neat and tidy. Clean and cautious

She first got it when she was very stressed.Working really hard long hours and not eating properly.She also used to always have spray tans herself,dye her hair a lot,as well as all the constant use of products at work,using lots of active body products.I think her immune system took a big knock and combined with all the constant product exposure her body couldn't take it and eczema was the result
She ended up having to have a week off as it became infected which can be really nasty, had to have antibiotics oral and cream.So watch for this until you have it under control.Unfortunately she always has it now sometimes hardly any sometimes a lot but no matter how careful she is wearing her gloves etc it doesn't go.

She first got it when she was very stressed.Working really hard long hours and not eating properly.She also used to always have spray tans herself,dye her hair a lot,as well as all the constant use of products at work,using lots of active body products.I think her immune system took a big knock and combined with all the constant product exposure her body couldn't take it and eczema was the result
She ended up having to have a week off as it became infected which can be really nasty, had to have antibiotics oral and cream.So watch for this until you have it under control.Unfortunately she always has it now sometimes hardly any sometimes a lot but no matter how careful she is wearing her gloves etc it doesn't go.

I'm diabetic so my immune system is pretty rubbish. I think with a business and 4 children I am pretty stressed and tired so maybe that explains it.

I can deal with the blisters and soreness but it just doesn't look nice x

I'm diabetic so my immune system is pretty rubbish. I think with a business and 4 children I am pretty stressed and tired so maybe that explains it.

I can deal with the blisters and soreness but it just doesn't look nice x

No this was her worry as it doesn't really look like normal eczema so she had to tell everyone not to worry they won't catch anything.I presume you have cortisone cream that will take things down quite quickly.Also soaking in emulsifiers like emulsiderm helps and apple cider vinegar in water helps the itching.

No this was her worry as it doesn't really look like normal eczema so she had to tell everyone not to worry they won't catch anything.I presume you have cortisone cream that will take things down quite quickly.Also soaking in emulsifiers like emulsiderm helps and apple cider vinegar in water helps the itching.

Yeah he gave me the cream so will continue with that and think ill try cider vinegar x

I wondered if your daughter experienced the dry cracked sky stage. Anything i put on my hands burns... Cortisone, Vaseline, coconut oil, e45. Seems to irritate a lotx

I wondered if your daughter experienced the dry cracked sky stage. Anything i put on my hands burns... Cortisone, Vaseline, coconut oil, e45. Seems to irritate a lotx

Maybe you are putting on too many different things,but yes it does go dry and cracked and the creams sting.I think you just have to find the right creams for you I've just been in her bedroom to have a look to see what she has at the mo as her skin is quite good recently.She has double base gel,Elocon cream and she's been bathing in Oilatum.

Latest posts

Back