Ear piercing advise needed, thanks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex170170

Reaction score
Hi people.

My friends daughter is nine years old and I asked her what she
wants for christmas from me.

She wants her ears double pierced like one of her friends.
all I said was "see what your mother says", no empty promises
then.

I have asked her mum, what she thinks, and she has no problems,
if I want to pay for them to be done fine.

If her ears get single pierced the holes normally end up
in the middle, meaning little space for a second set.
If her ears are going to be double pierced, so equally spaced
might as well pay the extra (extra) and have them triple pierced like her
mum is what does everybody else think?

Thanks Alex.

peronally i think 9 is a bit young to have a double piercing but you could always get them done saying she will want another hole done in the future. i do ear piercing and i always do it in the middle to begin with :)

:eek:
No Hunny, IMO this is not a good idea.
I would'nt advise more than one piercing at a time in each ear-lobe.
It would be a lot for any child to cope with.
Two or more in each ear at one time would be difficult for her to look after & live with(P.E, hair washing etc.). It would probably even make sleeping difficult due to the discomfort in each ear.
I dont see one in each ear as a problem, if she's a responsible girl who'll take excellent care of the piercings, & not wear daft fashion jewellery until its fully healed.
The second piercings could be added a few months later when the previous ones are healed. & by then you'll know if she's mature enough to look after them.
Hope this Helps x

p.s: As for where they place the first piercing, if you explain your intention to get 2nd piercings done, they can pierce accordingly & leave enough room for new additions!

I agree with Ruth. I think 1 piercing is enough at this age. It will cause problems at PE when she has to take them all out or cover them. We have to know when it is ok to say no, imho.
Maybe when she's a bit older she can decide to get them done again?
What we have to remember is that you shouldn't pierce the same hole again so if she lets it heal up due to problems then the kid is going to end up looking like a pin cushion.

I agree, with all the cleaning thats involved I don't think its a good idea, I would just have one done for now and do the other later on x x x

when i trained to do ear piercing a few weeks ago i was told only to do 1 piercing per 6 weeks on each lobe, so there is no way she should be getting them done at the same time, its too much trauma for the ear.

I agree with all the above. also once the first holes have been pierced it will be tender and so another piercing straight away would be painful. Also if it gets infected it will be very easy for it to spread to other piercings. I would do the one set and tell her if she looks after them properly you will do another set in three months time. xx

Ok folks, thanks for the replys.

One in each ear this christmas, two holes in ear ear for her birthday (june)

Possably three holes in each ear this time next year.

Thanks

As someone who has done a lot of piercings, I can tell you that after the first set of holes, she more than likely would not go for the second set. At that age it is difficult enough just to get the first hole in. And like the rest said... it is too much for a young one to handle at one time.

Latest posts

Back