eBay postage to buyer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missljw

Reaction score
Hi,

Just sold an iPod on eBay. In the listing it says uk postage only but they person who has just won the auction has their address as Portugal. Then the bit next to their username says location is US.

Obviously my postage costs where only to the UK so if I posted to Portugal I would have to charge him more.

Is it anything dodgy? I worry when it's people from abroad with all the stories you here. Can you do tracked deliveries abroad aswell?

I would be really annoyed as you'll have to cancel the sale then wait how ever long and re list it x

I always put UK only yet someone in Italy won one of my auctions. So I looked online at prices for postage and added the postage cost. Is it relatively new/expensive? Make sure you price for tracked/recorded delivery and don't post til it's paid. X

You don't have to cancel/re-list as long as they haven't already paid UK price. You can add different postage prices if you send an invoice via eBay x

I would be really annoyed as you'll have to cancel the sale then wait how ever long and re list it x

If I just cancelled it do I still get charged a fee?

He bidded last minute, hasn't paid straight away (which I don't get if your bidding as it finishes pay straight a away), and I have emailed with no reply.

You don't have to cancel/re-list as long as they haven't already paid UK price. You can add different postage prices if you send an invoice via eBay x

Oh okay, I'll invoice him with extra postage then as he hasn't paid yet.

It's really old but somehow sold for £30 so it's not exactly cheap I don't wanna risk losing the money.

Usually it can be a scam but not always! Ive used ebay a lot in the past so usually in listings you can filter it by saying only uk bidders. It could be legitimate but I wouldn't want to consider abroad when selling on ebay.

Beware of fake emails from ebay or paypal to say the person has paid. Once had a guy from Nigeria sending dodgy emails stating he'd paid yet PayPal had said he hasn't so be careful. Just invoice him for the extra postage if he doesn't paid then you can notify eBay and they will give the person an unpaid item strike and you shouldn't get charged a fee.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Usually it can be a scam but not always! Ive used ebay a lot in the past so usually in listings you can filter it by saying only uk bidders. It could be legitimate but I wouldn't want to consider abroad when selling on ebay.

Beware of fake emails from ebay or paypal to say the person has paid. Once had a guy from Nigeria sending dodgy emails stating he'd paid yet PayPal had said he hasn't so be careful. Just invoice him for the extra postage if he doesn't paid then you can notify eBay and they will give the person an unpaid item strike and you shouldn't get charged a fee.

I had it set to UK bidders so not sure how he manage to bid.

He has sent a message saying if I invoice him with the postage price he will pay straight away. His feedback seems genuine so I'll find out how much it is and invoice him. Hopefully it will be okay

You can also do a second chance offer to the next highest bidder :)

How did it go? All good I hope?

How did it go? All good I hope?

Yeah, he's paid and I sent the item the other day so he should receive it soon. Hopefully there will be no complaints or wanting refunds!

Latest posts

Back