Education, how many tutors is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I've just got a bit of a question for you all really.I'm starting my master classes next month at Leeds and i was wondering if it would be more beneficial to me to stay at Leeds and do all my master classes, which i know would build a better pupil/teacher relationship.

Or would it be better to travel to different academies gaining experience from different educators along the way?. I know being creative the education will be the same but everyone has their own little ways of doing things /hints and tips.

I did my foundation course at Nottingham with Pat Shaw, which i really enjoyed,I went to Leeds to my application course because I'd read and heard nice things about Diane and wanted to do some classes with her.

So geeks where and with whom did you do your training?, and do you think it would be beneficial for me to change tutors during my master classes?
how many different educators have you all had?

I've just read it through and I should have done a poll !!!

If you get a really good rapport going with your tutor then you will learn better. Although as you say the education should be top notch and the same standard, each educator will put it across differently.

I would stick to the same educator if you click with them, if not then look to someone else.

Ohh this is quite a difficult one, as I believe there are postives to both! OK, I'm not answering from a masters point of view, but as far as overall training is concerned.

The same tutor gives you consistency, continuity, can you see you develop throughout your training and therefore judge your 'growth' along the way. You build a relationship of trust and empathy, and you will cover all you need to cover methodically, with your tutor always knowing where you 'got to' last time!

A different tutor however will add different perspectives (how many times have we picked up on someone elses good ideas....or bad habits come to that!), and may give us something we never knew we were missing in the first tutor.

I've had 2 main educators throughout my training and try to stick like glue to them....but could I choose....I don't think so, as I get totally different things from both. That said, would I be happy with changing regularly? - No I don't think I would!

I did my Masters in L&P at the same academy. However, when I get round to doing my Brisa and Fabric Masters, I will most likely go to another academy purely because I think it will good to experience different educators/academies. So I would say for each Masters certificate, I would stay with the same educator/academy but would go to other academies, if possible, for other masters certificates so as to get a taste of what others have to offer.

I did my Masters in L&P at the same academy. However, when I get round to doing my Brisa and Fabric Masters, I will most likely go to another academy purely because I think it will good to experience different educators/academies. So I would say for each Masters certificate, I would stay with the same educator/academy but would go to other academies, if possible, for other masters certificates so as to get a taste of what others have to offer.

I think Chris is right here.....when going for a Masters it could be better to stick to the same Academy...as your Educator is working together with you towards your Master's Qualification....and will be just as delighted as you when you do well.

Nothing to stop you going to another Academy to do your Master classes in another system...

Yes we do all teach the same things...but I suppose we all have our little quirks!!....and ways of putting over information. I wish I had the patience of Amanda and her gentle way of gettting information over..or the humour and wit of Samuel....

But it ain't going to happen!!...I am who I am after all........:smack:

I am sure there is a Creative Educator out there that is perfect for you!!!

Great replies girls thank you, I think I'll definitely stick at one place for my first masters at least!!

can't wait xx

Latest posts

Back